Training & Placement Cell
T&P cell was introduced with a vision to excel and to create a global opportunity for every student and ensure that his/her skills are properly identified and that students are oriented in the right direction. Placements have been initiated right from the first batch. Since then the T & P Cell has been successful in inviting reputed companies every year for the selection of our students.
Most of the companies like to have budding professionals from the zero day slots and for this need, we have built up a strong corporate relation and tie up with top notch companies so that they can visit our campus for recruitment process and hire students as per their need.
As this is the era of globalization, the need of the hour is training individuals to excel in the face of challenges thrown up by a rapidly changing socio-economic-technological scenario at the global level. The younger generation must strive to develop into a well rounded personality with excellent technical, managerial, interpersonal and communication skills; poised at the cutting-edge of technology. In this context, the Training & Placement Cell is doing a commendable job.
Other student support activities at KGRCET
- Providing opportunities for Campus Placement of Students in the corporate world keeping their skill-set, career options and aspirations in mind. This facility is also extended to alumni of KGRCET.
- A dedicated Alumni Association of the college was initiated and administered for the Alumni.
- The cell offers training in soft skills, technical modules of corporate, leadership and managerial skills. It arranges mock interviews, group discussions, series of aptitude tests, technical tests and HR interviews for students. It also coordinates industrial visits and student training.
- Significant to mention here is the fact that sizeable number of students pursue higher education in India and abroad.
In turn the main motto of our T & P Cell is to train the students in Toto. So we train the students in all these aspects. This is how we perform we deliver the things.
The following are the programs are organizing by the placement cell to enhance the Employ-ability & Employment skills for the students.
- E-learning System (GEMS) to develop communication skills and aptitude
- Guest Lectures
- Industrial Visits
- Soft skills Training
- Aptitude Training
- Personality Development Programs
- Mock Interviews
- Recruitment Drives
- Higher Education Counseling
- Training for GRE & TOFEL
- Entrepreneur Development Programs
- NSS Programs
Procedure for campus Recruitment
Campus recruitment for final year students starts from November onwards every year. Recruitment after passing out of the campus will also be done depending on the availability of non placed students.
- Interested recruiters are requested to mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Profile
- Job Location
- Training Period
- CTC during & after Training
- Designation before & after Training
- Service agreement if any – No. of years & Bond amount if any
- Degrees & Branches required
- Eligibility Criteria – Marks ( X / XII/dip / Current degree/UG for PG) and Arrear Status
- Selection Process- Test (Online / Not)/GD/Interview
- Facilities Required for campus recruitment
- Preferred dates to visit
- Based on the above data, students will register at Placement Centre. No. of interested students will be informed to the recruiting company.
- Based on the no. of interested students, company can fix the venue either at college or at their office. Resumes of the interested students can also be sent to the company for short listing at their end. If the policy of the company is to conduct a pooled campus drive for colleges, we are ready to conduct here in our campus.
- List of Selected candidates and offer letters shall be given to the Placement Officer at the end of the process. If there is any delay in announcement of results, students will be permitted to attend the next company. If the students get placement in the next company, they will not be permitted to get the offer from the previous company if get selected.
- The recruiters are requested to give the feedback of the quality of the students at the end of the selection process and also after the training period. This will help us to improve continuously and offer better numbers than the previous year.
Stages in Selection Process
Various stages of the selection process remain, broadly, the same for these companies, with some slight variations. These variations could be in the form of an additional or less number of stages for some companies.
The following are the stages that students normally go through as a part of Campus Recruitment:
- Aptitude Test – In this Test they evaluate the students analytical skills
- Group Discussion – In this particular round they evaluate students on leadership qualities & communication.
- Communication Skills – In this round they evaluate the sentence formation, pronunciation and ability to present themselves.
- Technical Skills – In this round they evaluate the students on their core subject especially on basics, subject knowledge & writing skills.
- HR Round – It is mostly one to one round here they will analyze student’s patience and his interest towards the job.
Eligibility for Recruitment Drives
- 70% and above throughout academics for companies like IBM, ADP, ORACLE, MAQ and more…………………
- 60% throughout academics for companies like CSC, Cognizant, Wipro, Google, Genpact, HCL, Dell and more…………….
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in using computers
- Ability to stay focused on repetitive tasks.
- Exposure to GIS systems or properties a bonus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Logical thinking and independent decision making skills.
- Team Player with exceptional interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude.