STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP) FOR COMPUTER CENTER
The Engineering Computer Center serves as the hub for computer educational services and support for the College of Engineering. The Center manages more than 100 workstations along with printers, plotters, scanners and sophisticated software for student and faculty use. Our center plays a crucial role in providing IT support.
The Computer Center is an all-purpose facility designed to meet the requirements the academic and administrative users of the college. The Center provides knowledge in the field of research, project, software training for students, faculty & staff etc.
- The Lab assistant/ instructor will assign a computer to each individual and will keep a record of it.
- The students will be responsible for the designated computer. He/she will be fined if there is any damage to hardware of computer.
- All lab computers should be banned for social sites eg. Face book etc., if connected to the internet.
- Cell Phones are to be turned off or set to silent mode while in the lab.
- Disruptive behavior such as shouting or cursing will not be tolerated.
- Loud Conversations-Should be kept to a minimum while in the lab. If a student needs to converse with another student, conversations are to be conducted in a quiet manner. That will not disturb other lab users. student who become disruptive will be asked to leave.
- Students working in the lab are expected to show respect towards, faculty and staff . Loitering or socializing in the labs is not allowed. Open labs are quiet areas-loud talking, holding conversations is not allowed
- Saving Files anything saved on the computer hard drive (My Document folder/desktop, etc.) will be deleted. Data files created in the lab should be saved directly on a USB/zip/flash drive.
- Changing Hardware and Software Configurations-Changing hardware and software configurations in the computer labs is prohibited. This includes modifications of the Settings, configurations of printers and modification of system software. Violators of this policy will be referred to the proper authority for appropriate action, which may include the loss of computer privileges.