Safety Measures Programs conducted in the Campus:
Program Name: Seminar on “Driving safety on road”
Time: 2:30pm to 4:00pm
Program Coordinator: N.Naveen kumar, Asst Prof, Civil, KGRCET
Target Audience: All students of KGRCET
KGRCET conducted a seminar on “Driving safety on roads” for the students on 21st feb 2019. To avoid accidents. Some roadways are designated as low-speed zones. These include areas with high pedestrian traffic, such as school zones and streets lots of intersections close together. Driving over the speed limit can put you and others at risk of harm.
These are the following tips which are suggested by the faculty and also from some students
Focus on driving
- Keep 100% of your attention on driving at all times – no multi-tasking.
- Don’t use your phone or any other electronic device while driving.
- Slow down. Speeding gives you less time to react and increases the severity of an accident.
- Be aware of what other drivers around you are doing, and expect the unexpected.
- Assume other motorists will do something crazy, and always be prepared to avoid it.
- Keep a 2-second cushion between you and the car in front of you.
- Make that 4 seconds if the weather is bad.
Make a safe driving plan
- Build time into your trip schedule to stop for food, rest breaks, phone calls or other business.
- Adjust your seat, mirrors and climate controls before putting the car in gear..
- Secure cargo that may move around while the vehicle is in motion.
- Don’t attempt to retrieve items that fall to the floor.
- Have items needed within easy reach – such as toll fees, toll cards and garage passes.