Center for Engineering Education Development
Center for Engineering Education Development (CEED)-KGRCET
CEED was established in the year 2015 by Mr. Khamruddin Syed, Associate Professor and Head of Department of Electrical and Electrical Engineering Department, who is also acting as the Director of CEED with tremendous support from Mr. Rohit Kandakatla, Academic Consultant KGRCET. In 2010, KGRCET became a consortium member of the Indo-US collaboration in Engineering Education. Since then the faculties at KGRCET were continuously introduced to new innovative practices in the field of engineering education through faculty leadership institutes (FLIs), conferences, webinars and workshops. These initiatives gave the faculty exposure to global best practices of engineering education leading to an exponential interest in this field, which resulted in sprouting of innovations and improvement in the teaching and learning space. To continue and foster this aura, a Centre for Engineering Education development was established in 2015 to encourage the innovation and research in Engineering Education
Members of CEED team:
|S.No||Name of the Member||Department||Designation|
|1||Khamruddin Syed (Director)||EEE||Associate Professor|
|2||K. Udaya Sri||Mechanical||Associate professor|
|4||M. Rambabu||CSE||Assistant Professor|
To promote research and facilitate best practices in engineering education.
- Foster an environment in the college to encouraging innovation in teaching, learning and assessment methodologies in the classroom.
- Facilitate research in engineering pedagogy and publish the research work
- Keep faculty members updated with the best practices in teaching, learning and assessment in engineering education through training and workshops.
- Connect interested faculty with international experts in the field of engineering education.
- Conduct outreach activities such as trainings, workshops and conferences.
Director: Syed Khamruddin
KHAMRUDDIN SYED is the Director of Center for Engineering Education Development (CEED) and is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering He has 10 years of teaching experience. He is now pursuing his PhD in the area of Electric Drives. He has published Research Papers in various domains including Power Systems, Electric Drives and Engineering Education in Scopus and UGC approved journals. His research interests are Power Systems, Sensorless Control of Induction Motors. He was awarded as the Faculty Fellow for valuable contributions in Engineering Education by IUCEE in ICTIEE 2017 conference. He has been awarded as Microsoft Educator Award in the year 2015. He has also selected as an Assistant Faculty for IUCEE-IGIP International Teachers Certification Program for multiple times. His other interests are Pedagogical Training, Collaborative Learning. He has organized and acted as a Convener NCESTFOSS-2017 and organized various Faculty Development Programs on Effective Teaching and Learning’s, OBE, Research, etc.
K.Udaysree is the Head of the Department of Student Welfare and is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at KG Reddy college of Engineering and Technology. She has 15 years of teaching experience. She is now pursuing his PhD in the JNTUK. She has published Research Paper in Scopus and UGC approved journals. Her research interests are Alternate fuels. She has guided more than 18 batches at UG level.
Mrs. Shiwani is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at K G Reddy College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad. She has a total working experience of 2.5 years in various locations as Assistant Professor and Environment Consultant. She has done her M. Tech in Environmental Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand (2015) and B. Tech in Civil Engineering, PREC, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu (2012). Her interests are Water supply Engineering, Wastewater Engineering (Theory and Lab) and Air Pollution and control Technology. She is also a member in “Center for Engineering Education Development” at K G Reddy College of Engineering and Technology. She has been awarded for valuable contributions in Engineering Education and received a fellowship in ICTIEE 2017 Conference
Mr. M. Rambabu
Mr. M. Rambabu Received M.Tech in Software Engineering from Rammappa Engineering College, Warangal, Affiliated by JNTUH. Worked in various engineering colleges and attained 10 years of experience. He guided various projects at UG & PG level and published 11 no’s international and national journals. And he had Contribute as a Paper Reviewer in WEEF-2017 at Malysia. He Guided 10 Batches UG and 6 PG Projects along with Publications. He was Teaching Assistance in IUCEE-EPICS as Grading Reviewer. Presently working as an Associate Professor, in K G Reddy College of Engineering and Technology. His research interests includes: Information Security, Computer Networks, Software Engineering and Design Patterns
Mr. MD.ASIF Received M.Tech in Embedded Systems from VIF College of Engineering And Technology,Moinabad, Affiliated by JNTUH. Worked in various engineering colleges and attained 05 years of experience. He guided various projects at UG & PG level and published 03 no’s international and national journals. Presently working as an Assistant Professor, in K G Reddy College of Engineering and Technology. His research interests includes: Wireless Communication,LTE/LTE-Advanced.
Activities under CEED
- As a part of CEED Mr. K. Syed and his team has conducted faculty training programs several times on Active learning, Blooms Taxonomy, Course Plan, lecture delivery, OBE, intensive training on lecture presentations, etc. in the institution.
- CEED team has also conducted training program on OBE individually in the departments.
- CEED has also organized a workshop on Student Centered Learning offered by Dr. Jennifier, Purdue University in our institution. Faculties from other institutions also attended the program
Handbooks have been drafted which includes all the courses topic level, course outcomes and the activities to be performed in the class. It has been issued to every student in the institution. It is being updated every semester. They are issued to all the stakeholders.
CEED team is also taking the responsibility of reviewing the research papers wrote by faculty as a part of building research culture. The papers sent to ICTIEE 2017 conference are reviewed by the CEED team (Papers are accepted). Few of the CEED members have also acted as reviewers for ICTIEE 2017 conference.
Outcome Based Education:
- Vision, Mission, PEO, PO are framed and revised
- CO’s and TLO’s are drafted and hand books are prepared
- Mapping is done for PEO to Mission, PEO to PO, CO-PO.
- Activity learning are planned in the classes and being implemented
- Automation of OBE is being done using IonCudos software
CLP (collaborative learning practices):
CLP’s has been planned implemented for freshman courses in 2016. It has planned and implemented for II and III rd year B. Tech students in 2017.
The department has published the following papers.
Rohit Kandakatla, Soujanya Reddy, “Increasing the Understanding of Engineering Education for freshmen – Pedagogical Innovation in the form of Induction Program”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, January 2015.
Sandhya Tuti, Rohit Kandakatla, Syed Khamruddin, “Improving Teaching learning process through establishment of center for engineering education development – An initiative at KG college of engineering and Technology”, 3rd International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE), Pune, India, January 2016.
K Syed, “Using JIGSAW in Power Systems course to practice collaboration and observations therein”, 3rd International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE), Pune, India, January 2016.
Rohit Kandakatla was awarded IGIP Young Scientist Award for the year 2014 – 2015 at World Engineering Education Forum, Dubai.
KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology attended the 2nd International Conference for Transformation in Engineering Education.
- Khamruddin Syed has awarded as Faculty Fellow as a part of Outstanding Engineering Educator for valuable contributions in Engineering Education to improve quality in ICTIEE 2017, by IUCEE
- Certified as Microsoft Engineering Educator in 2015
- Khamruddin Syed has acted as a Reviewer for ICTIEE 2017 and 2018 conferences
- Selected as assistant faculty for IIEECP blended training programs for various institutions on Effective assessment and Collaborative Learning
- Shiwani received fellowship in ICTIEE 2017 for valuable contributions in civil engineering
- Rambabu has selected as Teaching Assistant for EPICS design thinking program
- Khamruddin Syed has selected as a faculty for IIEECP Phase 1 held at KL University in 2017