Data science continues to evolve as one of the most promising and in-demand career paths for skilled professionals. Today, successful data professionals understand that they must advance past the traditional skills of analyzing large amounts of data, data mining, and programming skills. In order to uncover useful intelligence for their organizations, data scientists must master the full spectrum of the data science life cycle and possess a level of flexibility and understanding to maximize returns at each phase of the process.
In the past decade, data scientists have become necessary assets and are present in almost all organizations. These professionals are well-rounded, data-driven individuals with high-level technical skills who are capable of building complex quantitative algorithms to organize and synthesize large amounts of information used to answer questions and drive strategy in their organization. This is coupled with the experience in communication and leadership needed to deliver tangible results to various stakeholders across an organization or business.
Data scientists need to be curious and result-oriented, with exceptional industry-specific knowledge and communication skills that allow them to explain highly technical results to their non-technical counterparts. They possess a strong quantitative background in statistics and linear algebra as well as programming knowledge with focuses in data warehousing, mining, and modeling to build and analyze algorithms.
They must also be able to utilize key technical tools and skills, including:
R,Python,Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, Apache,Spark, NoSQL databases, Cloud computing, D3,, Apache Pig, Tableau, iPython notebooks, GitHub.
|S.No||Year of ESTD||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||2020||B.Tech – CSE ( Data Science)||60|
- To provide high quality technical education to students that will enable life-long learning and build expertise in advanced technologies in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To promote research and development by providing opportunities to solve complex engineering problems in collaboration with industry and government agencies.
- To encourage professional development of students that will inculcate ethical values and leadership skills while working with the community to address societal issues.
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1:
Graduates will provide solutions to difficult and challenging issues in their profession by applying computer science and engineering theory and principles.
- PEO 2:
Graduates have successful careers in computer science and engineering fields or will be able to successfully pursue advanced degrees.
- PEO 3:
Graduates will communicate effectively, work collaboratively and exhibit high levels of professionalism, moral and ethical responsibility.
- PEO 4:
Graduates will develop the ability to understand and analyze engineering issues in a broader perspective with ethical responsibility towards sustainable development.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Problem Solving Skills – Graduate will be able to apply computational techniques and software principles to solve complex engineering problems pertaining to software engineering.
- PSO 2: Professional Skills – Graduate will be able to think critically, communicate effectively, and collaborate in teams through participation in co and extra-curricular activities.
- PSO 3: Successful Career – Graduates will possess a solid foundation in computer science and engineering that will enable them to grow in their profession and pursue lifelong learning through post graduation and professional development.
Head of The Department
Associate Professor & Head of the Department (HOD)
Cell : +91 9490074912
Data Science (Computer Science & Engineering) is the field which deals with analyzing, designing the data ,hardware, software and operating systems for a computer system. Our students are going to train in Data analyses, Programming skills, software design, Integration of Hardware and Software. The Department has well equipped laboratories with 400+ latest Computers, Servers and latest software’s like Oracle, Rational Rose, MATLAB, .NET etc. The Central Computing facility and internet center with a speed of 60 Mbps which are managed by the Department.
No Facilities found.
No Researches found.
No Events found.
No Galleries found.
No Achievements found.
No Resources found.
No Time Tables found.
No Work Shops found.