- The department of Computer Science & Engineering transforms the students into able engineers, in software, hardware and system administration fields.
- Immaculate infrastructure is available for CSE students of KGRCET, including the labs, workshops, seminar hall etc.
- Events and workshops which are bound to improve the skills and performance of the students are organized by the department.
- The department provides huge career prospective for the students to enjoy
- CSE faculty is the forefront to the department as they are the key in transforming students into fine computer engineers.
- The department offer research facilities to the students and faculty to enable them to work on various academic and innovative aspects.
|S.No||Year of ESTD||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||2008||B.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering||120|
Title: Bridging the Gaps between Academics and Industries
Objectives of the Practice:
- To fulfill human capital requirements, and bridge the gap between academics and industry.
- To make the students involved in practical learning to get real-time industrial experience through Maker Space.
- To enhance industrial interactions of faculty by providing the knowledge on current updates in industry and technology.
- To share the acquired knowledge from industry interactions with R&D, CEED and share with other faculties and students in the campus.
- To improve the design-thinking process by conducting various workshops by Maker Space and IUCEE.
- To make students and faculty learn planning, organizing and time management skills.
- To encourage faculties to carry out research-oriented work, and improve their technical skills to give better examples and explanation of subjects.
An academician shows interest generally in problems that are intellectually challenging. His/her areas of interest lie in technology development initiatives and methods related to process and design improvement. Students face critical situations after they get placement in industry. To address such industry-related issues, students have to explore technical training programs and activities. They have to learn updated technologies.
A support system is needed to ensure a focused involvement of both academics and industry to prepare students for the industry. To execute this plan, our college decided to make students involved in real time practice through Maker Space. To make the assignments more interesting, we follow the method of project-based assignments. By this method, students acquire practical knowledge. To provide hands-on experience, students and faculties are encouraged to attend seminars and workshops.
IOT Maker Space helps to bridge the gap between academics and industries.
IOT Maker Space is a great initiative of Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) and Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association (HYSEA) promoted to all engineering colleges with an objective of looking into the overall development of a student. It helps the students in gaining technical skills, presentation skills, innovative thinking, and in developing prototypes and to get them ready as future entrepreneurs.
They conduct workshops, hackathons, lectures at the college level and zone level. They invite mentors and jury from industry and academics to validate the ideas and provide further guidance. Besides this, they arrange demonstrations with startup companies to share the experiences and to promote the innovations.
The institution has also registered for IOT Maker Space and is supported by “UPTEC IDEA Labs” as Industry mentor (Implementation Partner). It is a specialized lab with fully equipped facilities.
Execution of Maker Space at our institution
- G. Reddy College of Engineering and technology initiated Maker-Space activities at our institution in the year 2016 to develop awareness among students on latest technologies(Raspberry Pi, IOT, Cloud computing).
- With the support of “UPTEC IDEA Labs,” as implementation partners conducted orientation, seminars, and workshops in our college.
- According to the guidelines provided by Maker, Space students can complete the mini-projects on their own. This has enhanced their technical and competency skills.
- Students have actively participated.
- in the event “Hackathons.” (excite and App development).
Project Based Learning
The institution has implemented this method, to increase the conceptual knowledge and design thinking ability of the students. Mini projects related to subjects are given to students as a part of the assignment. It helps students to develop self-learning, analytical thinking and utilizing their technical skills to enhance their efficiency by working on real-time projects.
Industry interaction Programs:
Industry interaction programs are conducted in the institute to motivate the faculty on research-oriented activities. These programs help them to gain knowledge and update themselves according to the change in technology and demand of industries.
The knowledge gained through Industry Interaction Program by faculty will be shared with other faculty and students to impart new learning to each other.
Evidence of Success:
Maker space workshops help the students to carry out the mini projects by themselves and students could complete the project. Under the guidance of Maker Space, one of the projects named “SMART CHAIR,” has been selected in the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad EXCITE-2017 in top 20 projects.
Project –Smart Chair:
Now our students are doing the major projects by themselves with the help of workshops conducted by Maker Space. All the faculties who had industry interaction could successfully share the information with other faculties and students as a mandated practice of KGRCET. By this knowledge sharing, students can complete their project-based assignments effectively.
- Visit of industry experts to KGRCET campus and practicing engineers to the Institute for seeking research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends, and experiences.
- Workshops, conferences, and symposia are organized with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- UG and PG projects/dissertation work in industries are carried out under the guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
Problems Encountered and Resources required:
- Sometimes it is difficult to meet the demands and requirements of the industry because the curriculum is not updated from time to time as per the needs of the industries, it is felt while interacting with industry people.
- The resource person is not always available on the campus for the clarification of students and faculties ambiguities.
- Sanctioning of leave
- Financial support from institute
Title: Financial Assistance to Students
Objective: To provide financial assistance to the students of K.G. Reddy College of Engineering and Technology for completing their graduation.
The aim is to give a scholarship to the eligible students.
The context: Students are from a diverse background, some of the students are meritorious but not capable of paying the tuition and other fees due to their financial conditions. It is the culture of the institution to support those students to achieve their dreams.
The Practice: Financial assistance is provided to the students based on the following parameters.
- The annual income of the family is taken into consideration to provide a scholarship to the merit students at the time admission.
- The scholarship is renewed based on their academic performances.
- A student from a rural/urban background, preferably nearby villages.
- Achievements -Sports/ Social activities.
- Physically Challenged.
KG Reddy College of Engineering & Technology governing body will take a decision in the selection process based on above-mentioned parameters.
Approval Process: At the starting of academic year college will release scholarship notification. Eligible students could apply for the scholarship with supporting documents as mentioned in the notification. Scholarship notification is displayed on notice board. Eligible students are shortlisted by student’s admission section which later is scrutinized and finalized by governing body, and the selected students would be informed through college notice board and website.
Review in Policy of Scholarship is carried by taking feedback from benefited students, heads of the Department, faculties (based on student’s performance in academics and Co-curricular activities) and reporting to the governing body.
Evidence of Success: Many numbers of students received those scholarships and completed their degree. The exit feedback from those students indicates the true success of this scholarship program.
Problems Encountered and Resources required: The institution does not face any problem as such to identify those students to provide the scholarships. A huge fund is required to provide this type of assistance at the college level.
To be recognized as a department of excellence by stimulating a learning environment in which students and faculty will thrive and grow to achieve their professional, institutional and societal goals.
- To provide high quality technical education to students which will enable them to become a new age computer engineer.
- To establish conducive learning environment for students and staff to grow continuously to attain expertise in core and advanced technologies in computer science domain.
- To emerge as a department of choice for the research in diverse areas of computer science and information technology.
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science and engineering theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems to real-world problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, health and safety, manufacture ability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function effectively on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify, formulate and use the appropriate computing and engineering requirements for obtaining its solution.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with the engineers and society at large through the ability to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- Ability to understand the local and global impact of computing and engineering solutions on individuals, organisations, and society.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
- Have an open mind and have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing and engineering practice.
- Ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in Computer Science Engineering Engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1:
Graduates have winning careers in computer science and engineering fields or will be able to successfully pursue advanced degrees.
- PEO 2:
Graduates will give solutions to difficult and challenging issues in their profession by applying computer science and engineering theory and principles.
- PEO 3:
Graduates will communicate effectively, work collaboratively and exhibit high levels of professionalism, moral and ethical responsibility.
- PEO 4:
Graduates will have interaction in life-long learning, professional and skilled development to adapt to dynamic work environment.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Problem Solving Skills – Graduate will be able to apply computational techniques and software principles for designing of software systems.
- PSO 2: Professional Skills – Graduate will be able to develop efficient and effective software systems using modern computer engineering techniques.
- PSO 3: Successful Career – Graduates will be able to become entrepreneur and to pursue career in IT industries.
Head of The Department
Dr. Prof. Rajasekharaiah K.M has total 35+ years of experience in Teaching (17+ yrs) and Industry (18 Yrs). He obtained BE, M.Tech, M.Phil and Ph.D in Computer Science & Engineering from various reputed Institute/University. His area of interest are Data Mining, Software Engg, Software Architecture, C,C++ Programming, Computer Network and Data Communication, Cloud Computing, Big Data etc.
He has served as Vice Principal, Director – Academics, Dean – R & D, Coordinator for NBA and NAAC accreditation process and presented in Peer Committee Members in Engineering Colleges. He organized and participated in Conference, Seminars, Workshops and FDPs at various National and International levels. He has published research papers in International and National Journals, conferences and seminars including IEEE & SPRINGER which are of Scopus Index Publications. Other activities include promoting micro, mini and major projects/Internship, research activities in the fundamental areas of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Computer Science Engineering.
He organized various conferences, seminars, workshops, FDPs and Guest Lecture Programmes. He is a Life fellow Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi.
He is having skill sets of administration, leadership roles, academic and non-academic roles and responsibilities, dynamic, dedicated and result oriented towards the achievements of the Institution, creating image, academic excellence and brand-name.
DR. PROF. RAJASEKHARAIAH K.M.
BE, M.Tech,M.Phil and Ph.D
Senior Professor & Head of the Department (HOD)
Cell : +91 7660000965, +91 90086 23358
Computer Science & Engineering is the field which deals with analyzing, designing hardware, software and operating systems for a computer system. Our students are trained in Programming skills, software design, Integration of Hardware and Software. The Department has well equipped laboratories with 400+ latest Computers, Servers and latest software’s like Oracle, Rational Rose, MATLAB, .NET etc. The Central Computing facility and internet center with a speed of 60 Mbps which are managed by the Department.
Various international and national conferences, seminars, guest lectures, workshops, webinars and training programs on like spoken tutorials – IIT, Bombay, Smart Hackathon India, IoT and Block Chain Current Technologies , Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning etc are organized for students and faculty. Industrial visits and internship trainings are arranged for students to expose real time applications. The research work is carried out by the faculty along with students in the areas like Soft Computing, Green Computing, Image Processing, Cloud Computing, BigData and Data Mining.
We are having Institutional Professional body membership like Computer Society of India (CSI) and IEEE Student Chapter.
Please find all the Department Faculty Profiles:
|1||Dr. Hemant Kumar Bhuyan||Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|2||M. Rambabu||Assoc Professor(HOD)||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|3||Kandunuri Ramakrishna||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|4||Raghu Kumar Lingamallu||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|5||K Umashanker||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|6||Rama Krishna Reddy||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|7||Jaya Bharathi. G||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|8||Molkar Rajkumar||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|9||Jyothi Maadugundu||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|10||B N Jyothi||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|11||S. Joy Kumar||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|12||Y Venkat Rao||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|13||Ashwini Gulhane||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|14||Rayapudi Hima Sagarika||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|15||M Shailaja||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|16||A S Gousia Bhanu||Assoc Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|17||Chaya S Dule||Assoc Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|18||Sonam Sharma||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|19||V Krishnaiah||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|20||A Harish||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|21||Sowjanya Ramishetty||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|22||N Srinivas||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|23||Mantesh Patil||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|24||P Sumathi||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Computer Programming & Data Structures Through C++ Lab
- Computer Hardware & IT Workshop / Engineering Workshop
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Database Management Systems Lab
- Computer Networks and Operating Systems Lab
- Advanced English Communication Skills Lab
- Web Technologies Lab
- Linux Programming & Programming and Data Mining Lab
- Case Tools(Rational Rose) and Software Testing Lab
- Computer Organization Lab
- Operating Systems Laboratory
- Case Tools and Web Technologies
Our faculty take up various research activities and have published the below papers in International conferences and journals.
- Saidi Reddy, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ”Traffic Allocation Technique in Computer Networks”, ISSN (Online): 2319 – 7064, Volume 3, Issue 12, December 2014.
- Saidi Reddy, Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology (GJCST) ”Semantic Approach to Discover Topic over Mail data”, ISSN : 0975 – 4350, Volume 13, Issue 1, Page 21-15, September 2013
- Saidi Reddy, International Journal of Computer Science information and Engineering Technologies (IJCSIET), “Suspicious URL Detection System Using SGD Algorithm For Twitter Stream“, ISSN 2277-4408 || 01082014-015, IJCSIET, Issue 4, Volume 2, Series 4
- Rokesh Kumar, “Secure Path with Time-Space Cryptography for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering (IJARCCE), Volume 1, Issue V, July 2012.
- Rokesh Kumar, “Protecting Data Privacy using Multi Replica Dynamic Public Auditing in Cloud Environment”, International Journal of Advanced Technology and Innovative Research, Volume 6, Issue 6, September 2014.
- Rokesh Kumar, “Implementing Cost-Effective Adaptive Actions using Memetic Algorithm”, International Journal of Advanced Technology and Innovative Research Volume 6, Issue 7, September 2014.
- B.Srujana, V.Sravya, “A Survey On Fingerprint Biometric System”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 4, No.12, APRIL 2012.
- V.Sravya, B.Srujana “Comparing The Sdlc Models And New Proposed On The Basis Of Available Methodology”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 4, No. 12, November 2013.
24th to 26th Sep-2018
|Student Name||Roll No||Name of The Event||Date||Conducted By||Location|
|B.Chaitanya Kumar||13QM1A0504||HCU Project||15 July, 2016||HCU||Hyderabad Central University|
|B.Chaitanya Kumar||13QM1A0504||HCU Project||15 July, 2016||HCU||Hyderabad Central University|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||HCU Project||15 July, 2016||HCU||Hyderabad Central University|
|T.Ashwini Kumar||13QM1A0540||HCU Project||15 July, 2016||HCU||Hyderabad Central University|
|B.B.T.S.Mrunalini||14QM1A0510||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|>K.Kaushik||13QM1A0512||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|D.Hima Bindu||14QM1A0521||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|K.Prathyusha||14QM1A0542||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|B.Sravya||14QM1A0509||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|B.Namesh||13QM1A0505||NCC||01-29 January, 2013||G.O.I||New Delhi|
|B.Namesh||13QM1A0505||NCC||30 April, 2013||G.O.I||Secunderabad|
|B.Namesh||13QM1A0505||NCC||29 August, 2012||G.O.I||Secunderabad|
|B.Namesh||13QM1A0505||Army Attachment Camp||9–19, September 2011||G.O.I||Secunderabad|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Android Mobile App Development||2-4, September 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Paper Presentation||25-27, February 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Dev Campus||25-27, February 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Electro Pedia||6-8, March 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Ethical Hacking||2 -23, August 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Android Mobile App Developement||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Ethical Hacking||22-23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Dev Campus||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Electro Pedia||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Dev Campus||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Chess Event||23-24 January, 2015||VJIT||Hyderabad|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Paper Presentation||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Android Mobile App Developement||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Ethical Hacking||22 -23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Chess Event||2011||G.Narayanamma High School||Hyderabad|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||Ethical Hacking||22 -23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||NSS||10 September, 2015||KGRCET||Hyderabad|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||Android Mobile App Developement||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||Dev Campus||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||Blood Donate||21 October, 2013||Janani Voluntary Blood Bank||Hyderabad|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Ethical Hacking||22 -23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Dev Campus||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Paper Presentation||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Android Mobile App Developement||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Techno Bud||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Throw Ball||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Paper Presentation||2014||Vasavi College||HYD|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Ethical Hacking||22-23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|U.Sarika||13QR1A0507||Idea Presentation||2014||Kite College||HYD|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||Techno Bud||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||Android Mobile App Development||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||Ethical Hacking||22 -23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||PAPER PRESENTATION||25-27 February, 2015||TALENTINE 2015||KGRCET|
|T. Haenok||13QM1A0539||ELECTRO PEDIA||25-27 February, 2015||TALENTINE 2015||KGRCET|
|S.No||DESCRIPTION||YEAR – SEM||CONTENT|
|1||Academic Calendar||Academic Calendar for 2018-19 (I-SEM)|
|2||Handbooks||II-YEAR I-SEM||Handbook II-Year 2018-19 (I-SEM)|
|III-YEAR I-SEM||Handbook III-Year 2018-19 (I-SEM)|
|IV-YEAR I-SEM||Handbook IV-Year 2018-19 (I-SEM)|
|3||Course Files||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|4||Lab Manuals||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|S.No||YEAR – SEM||CONTENT|
|1||II – Year||II-Year CSE Time Table 2018-19(I-SEM)|
|2||III – Year||III-Year CSE Time Table 2018-19(I-SEM)|
|3||IV – Year||IV-Year CSE Time Table 2018-19(I-SEM)|
No Work Shops found.