The Field of Electronics and communication Engineering is a rapidly advancing with innovative ideas emerging every movement. Since its inception in the year 2008, with 120 students. The Department has always been on a high growth path. It has a fine blend of experienced and dynamic Faculty. To keep pace with the current technological trends, the department is equipped with laboratories to carry out all kinds of research activities.
Many of the students with research bent of mind engage themselves actively and enthusiastically in developing many Projects with the guidance and supervision of experienced faculty. They get hands on experience in Design & research which makes them industry ready. The fraternity of ECE organizes the technical events, Seminars, and Projects exhibition.
|S.No||Year of ESTD||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||2008||B.Tech – Electronics & Communications Engineering||120|
To be recognized as a full-fledged center for learning and research in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering through industrial collaboration and provide consultancy for solving the real time problems.
- To inculcate a spirit of research and teach the students about contemporary technologies in Electronics and Communication to meet the growing needs of the industry.
- To enhance the practical knowledge of students by implementing projects based on real time problems through industrial collaboration.
- PO I: Apply Electronics and communications knowledge, mathematical knowledge and domain knowledge to identify and capture requirements of specific problems.
- PO II: Analyze and develop models for specific problems using principles of mathematics, computing sciences and relevant domains.
- PO III: Design, implement, test and maintain solutions for systems, components or processes that meet specific needs with consideration for safety, societal and environmental issues.
- PO IV: Conduct required experiments, generate, analyze and interpret the data to draw valid conclusions.
- PO V: Adapt the techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for solving complex Electronics and Communications problems with an understanding of their limitations.
- PO VI: Adhere to all regulations and ethics in professional practice as a Electronics and Communication engineer.
- PO VII: Understand and evaluate the sustainability in the solution of problems related to Electronics and Communications Engineering in societal and environmental contexts.
- PO VIII: Understand legal, ethical, societal, environmental, health issues within local and global contexts.
- PO IX: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or a leader in diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- PO X: Communicate effectively (oral / written) with professionals and general public.
- PO XI: Apply the principles of project management and finance to one’s professional work.
- PO XII: Engage in lifelong learning to keep abreast of latest trends and emerging technologies.
Program Educational Objectives
After 3-5 years from the year of graduation, our graduates will,
- With an exposure to the areas of VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal / Image Processing, Communications, Wave theory, and Electronic circuits in modern electronics and communications environment.
- Demonstrate the impact of Electronics and Communications Engineering on the society, ethical, social and professional responsibilities/implications of their work.
- With strong foundations in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze Electronics and communications. Engineering problems.
- Have strong communication inter-personal skills, multicultural adoptability and to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Engage life-long learning to become successful in their professional work.
- PEO 1: To inculcate the adaptability skills into the students for design and use of analog and digital circuits and communications and any other allied fields of Electronics.
- PEO 2: Ability to understand and analyze engineering issues in a broader perspective with ethical responsibility towards sustainable development.
- PEO 3: To develop professional skills in students that prepares them for immediate employment and for lifelong learning in advanced areas of Electronics and communications and related fields.
- PEO 4: To equip with skills for solving complex real-world problems related to VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal/Image processing, Communications, and Wave theory.
- PEO 5: Graduates will make valid judgment, synthesize information from a range of sources and communicate them in sound ways in order to find an economically viable solution.
- PEO 6: To develop overall personality and character with team spirit, professionalism, integrity, and moral values with the support of humanities, social sciences and physical educational courses.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Problem Solving Skills – Graduate will be able to apply latest electronics techniques and communications principles for designing of communications systems.
- PSO 2: Professional Skills – Graduate will be able to develop efficient and effective Communications systems using modern Electronics and Communications engineering techniques.
- PSO 3: Successful Career – To produce graduates with a solid foundation in Electronics and Communications engineering who will pursue lifelong learning and professional development including post graduation.
- PSO 4: The Engineer and Society– Ability to apply the acquired knowledge for the advancement of society and self.
Head of The Department
Dr. Pravin Kshirsagar had completed Ph.D in Electronics Engineering from Gondwana University in January 2018 and M.Tech in Electronics Engineering from GHRCE, Nagpur in 2012 and B.E in Electronics Engineering from SGGSCE&T, Nanded in 2003. He is confident that his academic background and curriculum development skills would be successfully utilized in this teaching position. He is familiar with Control System Engineering, Digital System Design, Fuzzy logic and Neural Network, Satellite Communication, Biomedical Signal Processing. He has published 2 patents, 3 book, 1 book chapters, 15 conference papers and 45 journal papers. In addition to this he possesses good management skills and also good motivating skills. He also worked in the developing Institutes for long duration and has an experience of handling various portfolios such as, Head of the Department, Associate Dean R & D, NAAC Co-ordinator, Examination Officer Incharge, M.Tech Co-ordinator, Incharge Electrical Engineering, Junior Manager (Electrical and Instrumentation Department).
Dr. Pravin R. Kshirsagar,
Professor & Head of the Department (HOD)
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2008 with B. Tech (ECE) and the current intake is 120 students. The significant infrastructural design, well-equipped laboratories & hi-tech computers with high-speed internet facility with all qualified faculty members ensure world-class standard of education delivered from our department.
Over the past two decades, Electronics and Communication engineering has played a pivotal role in improving quality of human life and also contributed to the economic growth of our nation and the world at large. The primary objective of the department is to ensure good academic environment for all the students. The main emphasis is given on the overall development of the students to shape the professional career of the students as technocrat / techno manager. To bridge the gap between curriculum and industry requirement, the students are exposed to practical knowledge. Electronics and communication engineering is a dynamic and exciting area that provides excellent career opportunities in various areas of technology. The department faculties are committed to teach our students the fundamental concepts and the latest trends via smart teaching and learning process. The students are also taught with critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they accommodate their future with confidence. In addition to classroom teaching, the students are guided and motivated to practically implement the principles learnt in classrooms through experimentations in the laboratories and through innovation centers on Robotics and Internet of Things. The department supports production of in-house kits and we take utmost care that students get more hands-on with self-design and implementation of circuits and projects. Our Electronics Devices and Circuits lab, Analog Circuit Design lab, embedded and Electrical labs are currently equipped with our own designed kits. The department encourages students/researchers to carry out innovative research to match the needs of the technical education system, the industry and our society. The Department has signed MoUs with various organizations to provide live projects for UG in the field of DSP, VLSI, Embedded Systems, and Communication Systems etc. Regular Industrial visits, workshops, internships and mini-projects are organized for students.
Presently, the department has well-qualified faculty members who have made significant contribution in various fields and have published research papers in reputed journals, international and national conferences. We encourage participation of students in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities as well.
The students are also given opportunities to involve in IETE Student chapter activities, which help students gain confidence and become skilled engineering professionals. Students are provided internship facility in organizations like BSNL, DRDO, and ECIL etc. The department conducts various workshops, expert talks and additional training programs on recent trends in Electronics and Communication Engineering in collaboration with industries for the benefit of faculty and students. The student projects are conducted in-house with the guidance of department faculty and industrial trainers.
The graduates of the Electronics and Communication Stream have been selected by some of the leading software and hardware companies of the country. The available diversity of expertise of the faculty with the support of the Principal and Management, we prepare the students to work in global multicultural environment.
Welcome to the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering where we hope you will be able to explore your full potential as a student and eventually make a remarkable mark in your professional life.
Department Faculty Profiles:
|1||Dr. Anil N. Rakhonde||Professor & Admin Officer||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|2||Dr. Praveen Kshir Sagar||Associate Professor, HOD||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|3||Dr. Rohit||Associate Professor & Director
(Operation, Strategic Planning & HRD)
|4||Mr. M N Narsaiah||Associate Professor, IQAC Coordinator||M.Tech,(Ph.D)|
|5||Dr. D Chandra Prakash||Associate Professor||M.Tech,Ph.D|
|6||Dr. B Vandana||Associate Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|7||Mrs. T Gayatri||Associate Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|8||Mr. Angotu Saida||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|9||MD Asif||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|10||Mr. Vijay Bhasker Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|11||Mrs. Deepika Ainapur||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|12||Mrs. Pagadala Usha||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|13||Mr. Bavusahed Kunchanur||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|14||Ms. Poonam Ganesh Swami||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|15||Mr. Vikram S Kamadal||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|16||Mr. Arpit Yadav||Associate Professor||M.Tech|
|17||Mr. Anil Kumar Bhupati||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Electronic devices and circuits Laboratory
- Analog Electronics Laboratory
- Pulse and Digital Circuits Laboratory
- Analog communication Laboratory
- Linear IC Applications Laboratory
- Microprocessors and microcontrollers laboratory
- Microwave Laboratory
- Digital Communication Laboratory
- Digital IC Applications Laboratory
- Basic simulation laboratory
- Digital signal processing laboratory
- Digital System Design Laboratory
- Computer Organization laboratory
Ongoing Research Topics
|Sl. No||Name of the Faculty||Research domain||Year of joining||University|
|1||M. N. Narsaiah||New algorithms and applications for information sensor and data fusion||2012||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad|
|2||K. Nagaiah||Mammo gram image analysis||2012||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad|
|3||A. Ravichandra||The embedded hardware architecture and VLSI implementation for cryptographic authentication||2015||Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Uttar Pradesh|
|4||D. Chandraprakash||Content based satellite cloud image retrieval using various methods and distance metrics||2016||Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University, Delhi|
|5||T. Gayatri||Antenna design||2018||Bhagwant University, Ajmer|
|S.No||Classic Pavers And Tiles||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|1||ARMTRONICS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|2||TECHNOLEXIS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|3||UPTEC IDEALABS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|1||Annual Maintenance contract with Chetan sai engineering enterprises for annual maintenance of the equipment like servo stabilizer 3 phase 100 KVA, power control panel ,SCADA system, VHF and VTF furnace.|
by Mr. Bavusaheb B K-Asst. Professor,KGRCET on 04.11.19
by Mr.G.Krishna, CEO – NextByte Innovations on 02.11.2019
by Mr.G.Krishna, CEO – NextByte Innovations on 02.11.19
by Ms.Samyuktha, HOD,EEE,KGRCET on 31.10.2019
by Mr.Vikram-Asst. Professor,KGRCET on 26.10.19
by Mr. M N Narasaiah, Associate Professor-ECE Department on 18.09.2019
Exper lecture on vlsi on 04.11.2019
Alumni Interaction on career guidance on 02.11.2019
work shop on IOT and Idea to Product 02.11.2019
Essay writing competition-IETE on 30.10.2019
Expert lecture on NATL on 31.10.2019
|Academic Year||No of Faculty Publications|
- Vijaya bhasker Reddy, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “Microprocessor and Microcontrollers” and got ELITE Certificate.
- Spandana, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “ANLOG CIRCUITS”
- Bavusaheb B.K, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “VLSI Physical Design”
- T.Gayatri, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “ANTENNAS”
- T.Gayatri, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “MICROWAVE THEORY AND TECHNIQUES”
- T.Gayatri, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “ANTENNA DESIGN”
- T.Gayatri, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “ELECTROMAGNETICS”
- A.Deepika acted as a Reviewer in Fourth International Conference On Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE-2017).
- P.USHA, successfully completed “IUCEE EPICS Design thinking course”
- A.Deepika, successfully completed “IUCEE EPICS Design thinking course”
- P.USHA acted as a Reviewer in Fourth International Conference On Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE-2017).
- P.USHA acted as a Reviewer in Fifth International Conference On Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE-2018).
- Priyanka Thakur, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “MEDICAL IMAGE ANALYSIS”
- Bavusaheb B.K is an active review member in JETIR(Jounal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research)
- Bavusaheb B.K filed three PATENTS.
- P.USHA, got certification of Appreciation from Texas Instrumentation for participating in DrishTI online Contest on 28.10.2017.
- P.USHA,Got appreciation certificate from The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers(IETE) for organizing a competition on “Robotics and its Applications”
- P.USHA,Got appreciation certificate from MAVEN SILICON, Bangalore for being organizer of the workshop on “VLSI Design Using Verilog HDL”.
- P.USHA,Got appreciation certificate from The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers(IETE) for organizing a Essay writing competition on “The Role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the Development of Society”
- Dr.Pravin R Kshirsagar,Got appreciation certificate from MAVEN SILICON, Bangalore for being organizer of the workshop on “VLSI Design Using Verilog HDL”.
- Poonam Swami, participated in Unnat Bharath Abhiyan from 26/8/19 to 28/8/19.
- Poonam Swami, participated in state level camp from 30/8/19 to 5/9/19.
- Poonam Swami, participated in Golden gubli celebration on 26/9/19 at CMR College
- Poonam Swami, participated in Gandhi Jayanthi celebration organized at JNTUH
- T.Gayatri, Got topper position in Research Methodology
- D,Chandraprakash,Got appreciation certificate from The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers(IETE) for organizing a Essay writing competition on “The Role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the Development of Society”
- M.N.Narsaiah published a paper in SCOPUS on “Dual filter image fuses algorithm for CT & MRI Medical image”
- D.Chandraprakash published a paper in ADLYA on “Radiation and chemical reaction MHD accelerated inclined state with variable temperature”
- A Deepika, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING”
- Dr.B.Vandana Rao, received convener certificate from Institute Innovation Council(IIC)
- Md.Asif, Successfully Completed Industrial training course on “RAPID PROTOTYPING using ARM Mbed” from Eduvance under ARM University Program.
- Anuradha Shankar, Arjun Singh published a research paper in IJERT Volume-3, Issue-03, March-2014 on “Design and implementation of high speed and low power multiplier using urdhwa tiryagbhyam sutra”.
- B. Pavan Kumar, A. Bhagyaraj, D. Sushil, G. Vikram Reddy has published a paper in IJCRT on “Implementation of safe heart for monitoring patient condition”.
- 45 final year students successfully completed Oracle Academy Java Fundamentals.
- 15 Students of ECE department have participated in Oscad training.
- 8 Students of ECE department have successfully completed the requirements to be recognized as a Microsoft Technology Associate.
- 1 Student successfully completed “Global innovation and entrepreneurship program “ organized by University of Massachusetts(USA) and KLE Technological University Hubli, India.
- 47 students of ECE Department have participated in an Online Contest conducted on 28TH Oct,2017 by Texas Instruments India.
- 6 students of KGRCET are selected in IBC HACK-2018.
- Jyothirmay barua and K.V.Subba reddy project has been shortlisted in investor connect session held at E-SUMMIT HYDERABAD hosted by vardhaman college of Engineering on 21st and 22nd Aug,2018.
- K.V.Subba reddy appointed as a intershala student partner (ISP) by internshala from 19/9/2018 to 15/11/2018.
- 4 students have successfully completed VLSI design using verilog HDL- webinar
- 3 students participated in state level NSS Camp
- 2 students got rank selection for state NSS conducted at CMR college of Engineering and Technology
|S.No||DESCRIPTION||YEAR – SEM|
|1||II – Year||II-Year ECE Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
|2||III – Year||III-Year ECE Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
|3||IV – Year||IV-Year ECE Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
|1||II – Year||II-Year ECE Time Table 2018-19(II-SEM)|
|2||III – Year||III-Year ECE Time Table 2018-19(II-SEM)|
|3||IV – Year||IV-Year ECE Time Table 2018-19(II-SEM)|
|1||II – Year||II-Year ECE Time Table 2018-19(I-SEM)|
|2||III – Year||III-Year ECE Time Table 2018-19(I-SEM)|
|3||IV – Year||IV-Year ECE Time Table 2018-19(I-SEM)|
No Work Shops found.