The Field of Electronics and communication Engineering is a rapidly advancing with innovative ideas emerging every movement. Since its inception in the year 2008, with 120 students. The Department has always been on a high growth path. It has a fine blend of experienced and dynamic Faculty. To keep pace with the current technological trends, the department is equipped with laboratories to carry out all kinds of research activities.
Many of the students with research bent of mind engage themselves actively and enthusiastically in developing many Projects with the guidance and supervision of experienced faculty. They get hands on experience in Design & research which makes them industry ready. The fraternity of ECE organizes the technical events, Seminars, and Projects exhibition.
|S.No||Year of ESTD||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||2008||B.Tech – Electronics & Communications Engineering||120|
Title: Bridging the Gaps between Academics and Industries
Objectives of the Practice:
- To fulfill human capital requirements, and bridge the gap between academics and industry.
- To make the students involved in practical learning to get real-time industrial experience through Maker Space.
- To enhance industrial interactions of faculty by providing the knowledge on current updates in industry and technology.
- To share the acquired knowledge from industry interactions with R&D, CEED and share with other faculties and students in the campus.
- To improve the design-thinking process by conducting various workshops by Maker Space and IUCEE.
- To make students and faculty learn planning, organizing and time management skills.
- To encourage faculties to carry out research-oriented work, and improve their technical skills to give better examples and explanation of subjects.
An academician shows interest generally in problems that are intellectually challenging. His/her areas of interest lie in technology development initiatives and methods related to process and design improvement. Students face critical situations after they get placement in industry. To address such industry-related issues, students have to explore technical training programs and activities. They have to learn updated technologies.
A support system is needed to ensure a focused involvement of both academics and industry to prepare students for the industry. To execute this plan, our college decided to make students involved in real time practice through Maker Space. To make the assignments more interesting, we follow the method of project-based assignments. By this method, students acquire practical knowledge. To provide hands-on experience, students and faculties are encouraged to attend seminars and workshops.
IOT Maker Space helps to bridge the gap between academics and industries.
IOT Maker Space is a great initiative of Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) and Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association (HYSEA) promoted to all engineering colleges with an objective of looking into the overall development of a student. It helps the students in gaining technical skills, presentation skills, innovative thinking, and in developing prototypes and to get them ready as future entrepreneurs.
They conduct workshops, hackathons, lectures at the college level and zone level. They invite mentors and jury from industry and academics to validate the ideas and provide further guidance. Besides this, they arrange demonstrations with startup companies to share the experiences and to promote the innovations.
The institution has also registered for IOT Maker Space and is supported by “UPTEC IDEA Labs” as Industry mentor (Implementation Partner). It is a specialized lab with fully equipped facilities.
Execution of Maker Space at our institution
- G. Reddy College of Engineering and technology initiated Maker-Space activities at our institution in the year 2016 to develop awareness among students on latest technologies(Raspberry Pi, IOT, Cloud computing).
- With the support of “UPTEC IDEA Labs,” as implementation partners conducted orientation, seminars, and workshops in our college.
- According to the guidelines provided by Maker, Space students can complete the mini-projects on their own. This has enhanced their technical and competency skills.
- Students have actively participated.
- in the event “Hackathons.” (excite and App development).
Project Based Learning
The institution has implemented this method, to increase the conceptual knowledge and design thinking ability of the students. Mini projects related to subjects are given to students as a part of the assignment. It helps students to develop self-learning, analytical thinking and utilizing their technical skills to enhance their efficiency by working on real-time projects.
Industry interaction Programs:
Industry interaction programs are conducted in the institute to motivate the faculty on research-oriented activities. These programs help them to gain knowledge and update themselves according to the change in technology and demand of industries.
The knowledge gained through Industry Interaction Program by faculty will be shared with other faculty and students to impart new learning to each other.
Evidence of Success:
Maker space workshops help the students to carry out the mini projects by themselves and students could complete the project. Under the guidance of Maker Space, one of the projects named “SMART CHAIR,” has been selected in the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad EXCITE-2017 in top 20 projects.
Project –Smart Chair:
Now our students are doing the major projects by themselves with the help of workshops conducted by Maker Space. All the faculties who had industry interaction could successfully share the information with other faculties and students as a mandated practice of KGRCET. By this knowledge sharing, students can complete their project-based assignments effectively.
- Visit of industry experts to KGRCET campus and practicing engineers to the Institute for seeking research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends, and experiences.
- Workshops, conferences, and symposia are organized with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- UG and PG projects/dissertation work in industries are carried out under the guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
Problems Encountered and Resources required:
- Sometimes it is difficult to meet the demands and requirements of the industry because the curriculum is not updated from time to time as per the needs of the industries, it is felt while interacting with industry people.
- The resource person is not always available on the campus for the clarification of students and faculties ambiguities.
- Sanctioning of leave
- Financial support from institute
Title: Financial Assistance to Students
Objective: To provide financial assistance to the students of K.G. Reddy College of Engineering and Technology for completing their graduation.
The aim is to give a scholarship to the eligible students.
The context: Students are from a diverse background, some of the students are meritorious but not capable of paying the tuition and other fees due to their financial conditions. It is the culture of the institution to support those students to achieve their dreams.
The Practice: Financial assistance is provided to the students based on the following parameters.
- The annual income of the family is taken into consideration to provide a scholarship to the merit students at the time admission.
- The scholarship is renewed based on their academic performances.
- A student from a rural/urban background, preferably nearby villages.
- Achievements -Sports/ Social activities.
- Physically Challenged.
KG Reddy College of Engineering & Technology governing body will take a decision in the selection process based on above-mentioned parameters.
Approval Process: At the starting of academic year college will release scholarship notification. Eligible students could apply for the scholarship with supporting documents as mentioned in the notification. Scholarship notification is displayed on notice board. Eligible students are shortlisted by student’s admission section which later is scrutinized and finalized by governing body, and the selected students would be informed through college notice board and website.
Review in Policy of Scholarship is carried by taking feedback from benefited students, heads of the Department, faculties (based on student’s performance in academics and Co-curricular activities) and reporting to the governing body.
Evidence of Success: Many numbers of students received those scholarships and completed their degree. The exit feedback from those students indicates the true success of this scholarship program.
Problems Encountered and Resources required: The institution does not face any problem as such to identify those students to provide the scholarships. A huge fund is required to provide this type of assistance at the college level.
To be recognized as a full-fledged center for learning and research in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering through industrial collaboration and provide consultancy for solving the real time problems.
- To inculcate a spirit of research and teach the students about contemporary technologies in Electronics and Communication to meet the growing needs of the industry.
- To enhance the practical knowledge of students by implementing projects based on real time problems through industrial collaboration.
- PO I: Apply Electronics and communications knowledge, mathematical knowledge and domain knowledge to identify and capture requirements of specific problems.
- PO II: Analyze and develop models for specific problems using principles of mathematics, computing sciences and relevant domains.
- PO III: Design, implement, test and maintain solutions for systems, components or processes that meet specific needs with consideration for safety, societal and environmental issues.
- PO IV: Conduct required experiments, generate, analyze and interpret the data to draw valid conclusions.
- PO V: Adapt the techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for solving complex Electronics and Communications problems with an understanding of their limitations.
- PO VI: Adhere to all regulations and ethics in professional practice as a Electronics and Communication engineer.
- PO VII: Understand and evaluate the sustainability in the solution of problems related to Electronics and Communications Engineering in societal and environmental contexts.
- PO VIII: Understand legal, ethical, societal, environmental, health issues within local and global contexts.
- PO IX: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or a leader in diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- PO X: Communicate effectively (oral / written) with professionals and general public.
- PO XI: Apply the principles of project management and finance to one’s professional work.
- PO XII: Engage in lifelong learning to keep abreast of latest trends and emerging technologies.
Program Educational Outcomes
After 3-5 years from the year of graduation, our graduates will,
- With an exposure to the areas of VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal / Image Processing, Communications, Wave theory, and Electronic circuits in modern electronics and communications environment.
- Demonstrate the impact of Electronics and Communications Engineering on the society, ethical, social and professional responsibilities/implications of their work.
- With strong foundations in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze Electronics and communications. Engineering problems.
- Have strong communication inter-personal skills, multicultural adoptability and to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Engage life-long learning to become successful in their professional work.
- PEO 1: To inculcate the adaptability skills into the students for design and use of analog and digital circuits and communications and any other allied fields of Electronics.
- PEO 2: Ability to understand and analyze engineering issues in a broader perspective with ethical responsibility towards sustainable development.
- PEO 3: To develop professional skills in students that prepares them for immediate employment and for lifelong learning in advanced areas of Electronics and communications and related fields.
- PEO 4: To equip with skills for solving complex real-world problems related to VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal/Image processing, Communications, and Wave theory.
- PEO 5: Graduates will make valid judgment, synthesize information from a range of sources and communicate them in sound ways in order to find an economically viable solution.
- PEO 6: To develop overall personality and character with team spirit, professionalism, integrity, and moral values with the support of humanities, social sciences and physical educational courses.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Problem Solving Skills – Graduate will be able to apply latest electronics techniques and communications principles for designing of communications systems.
- PSO 2: Professional Skills – Graduate will be able to develop efficient and effective Communications systems using modern Electronics and Communications engineering techniques.
- PSO 3: Successful Career – To produce graduates with a solid foundation in Electronics and Communications engineering who will pursue lifelong learning and professional development including post graduation.
- PSO 4: The Engineer and Society– Ability to apply the acquired knowledge for the advancement of society and self.
Head of The Department
Mr. M. N. Narsaiah is the HOD for department of Electronics and Communication Engineering from 1st July 2013. He has completed M.Tech (VLSI) and is currently pursuing his PhD (Signal Processing) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad.
He had 15 years teaching experience in reputed engineering colleges. As a Patron, he conducted National level workshops and seminars. He published papers in International Journals and International Conferences. His areas of interest are Communications and Signal Processing.
Mr. M. N. Narsaiah
Head of the Department (HOD) of ECE
Cell : +917660000964
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2008 with B.Tech (ECE) & an intake of 60 students and the current intake is 120 students. The significant infrastructural design, well-equipped laboratories & hi-tech computers with high-speed internet facility with all qualified faculty members ensure world-class standard of education delivered from our department.
Electronics and communication engineering is a dynamic and exciting area that provides excellent career opportunities in various areas of technology. The department faculties are committed to teach our students the fundamental concepts and the latest trends via smart teaching and learning process. The students are also taught with critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they accommodate their future with confidence. In addition to classroom teaching, the students are guided and motivated to practically implement the principles learnt in classrooms through experimentations in the laboratories and through innovation centers on Robotics and Internet of Things.
The students are also given opportunities to involve in IETE Student chapter activities, which help students gain confidence and become skilled engineering professionals. Students are provided internship facility in organizations like BSNL, DRDO, and ECIL etc. The department conducts various workshops, expert talks and additional training programs on recent trends in Electronics and Communication Engineering in collaboration with industries for the benefit of faculty and students. The student projects are conducted in-house with the guidance of department faculty and industrial trainers.
The graduates of the Electronics and Communication Stream have been selected by some of the leading software and hardware companies of the country. The available diversity of expertise of the faculty with the support of the Principal and Management, we prepare the students to work in global multicultural environment.
Department Faculty Profiles:
|1||M N Narsaiah||Assoc Professor, (HOD)||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|2||Dr. Jain Manish||Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|3||K Nagaiah||Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|4||Aleti Ravichandra||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|5||D Chandra Prakash||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|6||Angotu Saida||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|7||T Gayatri||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|8||Pagadala Usha||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|9||Deepika Ainapur||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|10||Vijay Bhasker Reddy||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|11||P. Spandana Reddy||Asst Professor||M.E|
|12||Bavusahed Kunchanur||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|13||MD Asif||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|14||MA Sohana Parveen||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|15||Penki Ramesh||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|16||Poonam Ganesh Swami||Asst Professor||M.E|
|17||Deepika C||Asst Professor||M.E|
|18||Anil Kumar Bhupati||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Electronic devices and circuits Laboratory
- Analog Electronics Laboratory
- Pulse and Digital Circuits Laboratory
- Analog communication Laboratory
- Linear IC Applications Laboratory
- Microprocessors and microcontrollers laboratory
- Microwave & DC laboratory
- Digital Communication Laboratory
- Digital IC Applications Laboratory
- Basic simulation laboratory
- Digital signal processing laboratory
Ongoing Research Topics
|Sl. No||Name of the Faculty||Research domain||Year of joining||University|
|1||M. N. Narsaiah||New algorithms and applications for information sensor and data fusion||2012||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad|
|2||K. Nagaiah||Mammo gram image analysis||2012||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad|
|3||A. Ravichandra||The embedded hardware architecture and VLSI implementation for cryptographic authentication||2015||Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Uttar Pradesh|
|4||D. Chandraprakash||Content based satellite cloud image retrieval using various methods and distance metrics||2016||Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University, Delhi|
|5||T. Gayatri||Antenna design||2018||Bhagwant University, Ajmer|
|S.No||Classic Pavers And Tiles||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|1||ARMTRONICS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|2||TECHNOLEXIS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|3||UPTEC IDEALABS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|1||Annual Maintenance contract with Chetan sai engineering enterprises for annual maintenance of the equipment like servo stabilizer 3 phase 100 KVA, power control panel ,SCADA system, VHF and VTF furnace.|
Mobile Making Workshop – an Initiative by IIT-Mumbai
FROM 22/10/2018 TO 24/10/2018.
FROM 25/10/2018 TO 27/10/2018.
FROM 05/11/2018 TO 10/11/2018.
FROM 29/10/2018 TO 02/11/2018.
IOT MAKERSPACE ORIENTATION PROGRAM
MENTOR TALK ON DRONE TECHNOLOGY FOR 3RD AND 4TH YEAR ECE STUDENTS BY TASK.
|Academic Year||No of Faculty Publications|
- Vijaya bhasker Reddy, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “Microprocessor and Microcontrollers” and got ELITE Certificate.
- Spandana, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “ANLOG CIRCUITS”
- Bavusaheb B.K, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “VLSI Physical Design”
- USHA, successfully completed “IUCEE EPICS Design thinking course”
- Deepika, successfully completed “IUCEE EPICS Design thinking course”
- Bavusaheb B.K is an active review member in JETIR(Jounal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research)
- USHA, got certification of Appreciation from Texas Instrumentation for participating in DrishTI online Contest on 28.10.2017.
- Anuradha Shankar, Arjun Singh published a research paper in IJERT Volume-3, Issue-03, March-2014 on “Design and implementation of high speed and low power multiplier using urdhwa tiryagbhyam sutra”.
- B. Pavan Kumar, A. Bhagyaraj, D. Sushil, G. Vikram Reddy has published a paper in IJCRT on “Implementation of safe heart for monitoring patient condition”.
- 45 final year students successfully completed Oracle Academy Java Fundamentals.
- 15 Students of ECE department have participated in Oscad training.
- 8 Students of ECE department have successfully completed the requirements to be recognized as a Microsoft Technology Associate.
- 1 Student successfully completed “Global innovation and entrepreneurship program “ organized by University of Massachusetts(USA) and KLE Technological University Hubli, India.
- 47 students of ECE Department have participated in an Online Contest conducted on 28TH Oct,2017 by Texas Instruments India.
- 6 students of KGRCET are selected in IBC HACK-2018.
- Jyothirmay barua and K.V.Subba reddy project has been shortlisted in investor connect session held at E-SUMMIT HYDERABAD hosted by vardhaman college of Engineering on 21st and 22nd Aug,2018.
- K.V.Subba reddy appointed as a intershala student partner (ISP) by internshala from 19/9/2018 to 15/11/2018.
No Work Shops found.