The Field of Electronics and communication Engineering is a rapidly advancing with innovative ideas emerging every movement. Since its inception in the year 2008, with 120 students. The Department has always been on a high growth path. It has a fine blend of experienced and dynamic Faculty. To keep pace with the current technological trends, the department is equipped with laboratories to carry out all kinds of research activities.
Many of the students with research bent of mind engage themselves actively and enthusiastically in developing many Projects with the guidance and supervision of experienced faculty. They get hands on experience in Design & research which makes them industry ready. The fraternity of ECE organizes the technical events, Seminars, and Projects exhibition.
|S.No||Year of ESTD||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||2008||B.Tech – Electronics & Communications Engineering||60|
|4||Paper Publications (Scopus & UGC)||30||23||8|
|7||Awards / Appreciations||1||3||4|
- To provide innovative teaching and learning in the contemporary technologies in Electronics and Communication Engineering to support the professional aspirations of the students.
- To promote innovation through research and development among faculty and students by providing opportunities for inter-disciplinary learning in collaboration with industry.
- To encourage professional development of students that will inculcate ethical values and leadership skills while working with the community to address societal issues.
- PO I: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering
fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering
- PO II: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex
engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of
mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO III: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems
and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate
consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- PO IV: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and
research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and
synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO V: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and
modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex
engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO VI: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to
assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities
relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO VII: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering
solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and
need for sustainable development.
- PO VIII: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and
norms of the engineering practice.
- PO IX: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or
leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO X:Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the
engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and
write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give
and receive clear instructions.
- PO XI: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the
engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member
and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO XII: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage
in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: To be equipped with skills for solving complex real-world problems related to VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal/Image processing, and Digital and Wireless Communication.
- PEO 2: To develop professional skills that will equip them to succeed in their careers and encourage lifelong learning in advanced areas of Electronics and communications and related fields.
- PEO 3:To communicate effectively, work collaboratively and exhibit high levels of professionalism, moral and ethical responsibility.
- PEO 4: To develop the ability to understand and analyze engineering issues in a broader perspective with ethical responsibility towards sustainable development.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Problem Solving Skills – Graduates will be able to apply their knowledge in emerging electronics and communication engineering techniques to design solutions and solve complex engineering problems.
- PSO 2: Professional Skills – Graduate will be able to think critically, communicate effectively, and collaborate in teams through participation in co and extra-curricular activities.
- PSO 3: Successful Career – Graduates will possess a solid foundation in Electronics and Communications engineering that will enable them to grow in their profession and pursue lifelong learning through post-graduation and professional development.
- PSO 4: Society Impact – Graduate will be able to work with the community and collaborate to develop technological solutions that would promote sustainable development in the society.
Head of The Department
Dr. Anil N. Rakhonde has completed Ph.D. in Electronics Engineering from RashtraSant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur in 2018, Master of Engineering from Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati in 2008 and Bachelor of Engineering in 1989.
He has a long teaching, administrative and research experience spanning over 30 years. His academic background, administrative experience, curriculum development skills and capabilities would be fully utilised in the growth and extensive development of the Department.
He has published one Patent and presented number of research papers in International conferences and Journals.
Dr. Anil N. Rakhonde
DEE, BE, ME, Ph.D (Electronics Engg)
Professor, Head & Admin Officer
Cell: +91 7057670627
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2008 with B. Tech (ECE) and the current intake is 120 students. The significant infrastructural design, well-equipped laboratories & hi-tech computers with high-speed internet facility with all qualified faculty members ensure world-class standard of education delivered from our department.
Over the past two decades, Electronics and Communication engineering has played a pivotal role in improving quality of human life and also contributed to the economic growth of our nation and the world at large. The primary objective of the department is to ensure good academic environment for all the students. The main emphasis is given on the overall development of the students to shape the professional career of the students as technocrat / techno manager. To bridge the gap between curriculum and industry requirement, the students are exposed to practical knowledge. Electronics and communication engineering is a dynamic and exciting area that provides excellent career opportunities in various areas of technology. The department faculties are committed to teach our students the fundamental concepts and the latest trends via smart teaching and learning process. The students are also taught with critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they accommodate their future with confidence. In addition to classroom teaching, the students are guided and motivated to practically implement the principles learnt in classrooms through experimentations in the laboratories and through innovation centers on Robotics and Internet of Things. The department supports production of in-house kits and we take utmost care that students get more hands-on with self-design and implementation of circuits and projects. Our Electronics Devices and Circuits lab, Analog Circuit Design lab, embedded and Electrical labs are currently equipped with our own designed kits. The department encourages students/researchers to carry out innovative research to match the needs of the technical education system, the industry and our society. The Department has signed MoUs with various organizations to provide live projects for UG in the field of DSP, VLSI, Embedded Systems, and Communication Systems etc. Regular Industrial visits, workshops, internships and mini-projects are organized for students.
Presently, the department has well-qualified faculty members who have made significant contribution in various fields and have published research papers in reputed journals, international and national conferences. We encourage participation of students in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities as well.
The students are also given opportunities to involve in IETE Student chapter activities, which help students gain confidence and become skilled engineering professionals. Students are provided internship facility in organizations like BSNL, DRDO, and ECIL etc. The department conducts various workshops, expert talks and additional training programs on recent trends in Electronics and Communication Engineering in collaboration with industries for the benefit of faculty and students. The student projects are conducted in-house with the guidance of department faculty and industrial trainers.
The graduates of the Electronics and Communication Stream have been selected by some of the leading software and hardware companies of the country. The available diversity of expertise of the faculty with the support of the Principal and Management, we prepare the students to work in global multicultural environment.
Welcome to the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering where we hope you will be able to explore your full potential as a student and eventually make a remarkable mark in your professional life.
|1||Dr. Anil N. Rakhonde||Professor & HOD||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|2||Dr. Rohit||Associate Professor & Director
(Operation, Strategic Planning & HRD)
|3||Mr. M N Narsaiah||Associate Professor, IQAC Coordinator||M.Tech,(Ph.D)|
|4||Dr. D Chandra Prakash||Associate Professor||M.Tech,Ph.D|
|5||Dr. B Vandana||Associate Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|6||Mrs. T Gayatri||Associate Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|7||Mr. Angotu Saida||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|8||MD Asif||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|9||Mr. Vijay Bhasker Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|10||Mrs. Deepika Ainapur||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|11||Mrs. Pagadala Usha||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|12||Mr. Bavusahed Kunchanur||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|13||Ms. Poonam Ganesh Swami||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|14||Mr. Vikram S Kamadal||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|15||Mr. Arpit Yadav||Associate Professor||M.Tech|
|16||Mr. Anil Kumar Bhupati||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|17||Mr. M Tejeswara Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
- Electronic devices and circuits Laboratory
- Analog Electronics Laboratory
- Pulse and Digital Circuits Laboratory
- Analog communication Laboratory
- Linear IC Applications Laboratory
- Microprocessors and microcontrollers laboratory
- Microwave Laboratory
- Digital Communication Laboratory
- Digital IC Applications Laboratory
- Basic simulation laboratory
- Digital signal processing laboratory
- Digital System Design Laboratory
- Computer Organization laboratory
|Sl. No||Name of the Faculty||Research domain||Year of joining||University|
|1||M. N. Narsaiah||New algorithms and applications for information sensor and data fusion||2012||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad|
|2||K. Nagaiah||Mammo gram image analysis||2012||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad|
|3||A. Ravichandra||The embedded hardware architecture and VLSI implementation for cryptographic authentication||2015||Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Uttar Pradesh|
|4||D. Chandraprakash||Content based satellite cloud image retrieval using various methods and distance metrics||2016||Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University, Delhi|
|5||T. Gayatri||Antenna design||2018||Bhagwant University, Ajmer|
|S.No||Classic Pavers And Tiles||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|1||ARMTRONICS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|2||TECHNOLEXIS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|3||UPTEC IDEALABS||Electronics Communication Engineering|
|1||Annual Maintenance contract with Chetan sai engineering enterprises for annual maintenance of the equipment like servo stabilizer 3 phase 100 KVA, power control panel ,SCADA system, VHF and VTF furnace.|
Click here for Report Orientation Report-scanned
from 30.10.2019 to 20.11.2019
from 10.11.2019 to 14.11.2019
Orientation Day from 20.12.2019 to 21.12.2019 – II SEM
Exper lecture on vlsi on 04.11.2019
Alumni Interaction on career guidance on 02.11.2019
work shop on IOT and Idea to Product 02.11.2019
Essay writing competition-IETE on 30.10.2019
Expert lecture on NATL on 31.10.2019
NPTEL Course certified Faculty
|Faculty Name||Course & Certificate|
|Mr. Vijay Bhaskar Reddy||Digital Circuits|
|Mr. Vijay Bhaskar Reddy||Sensors and actuators|
|Mr. Bavusaheb K||Digital Circuits|
|Mrs. A Deepika||Digital Image Processing|
|Academic Year||No of Faculty Publications|
- A siada Certified in Python 3.4.3 from Spoken Tutorial- KGRCET.
- A Saida Awarded – Fourth International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education.
- A.Deepika acted as a Reviewer in Fourth International Conference On Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE-2017).
- P.USHA, successfully completed “IUCEE EPICS Design thinking course”
- A.Deepika, successfully completed “IUCEE EPICS Design thinking course”
- P.USHA acted as a Reviewer in Fourth International Conference On Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE-2017).
- P.USHA acted as a Reviewer in Fifth International Conference On Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE-2018).
- Priyanka Thakur, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “MEDICAL IMAGE ANALYSIS”
- Bavusaheb B.K is an active review member in JETIR(Jounal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research)
- Bavusaheb B.K filed three PATENTS.
- P.USHA, got certification of Appreciation from Texas Instrumentation for participating in DrishTI online Contest on 28.10.2017.
- P.USHA,Got appreciation certificate from The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers(IETE) for organizing a competition on “Robotics and its Applications”
- P.USHA,Got appreciation certificate from MAVEN SILICON, Bangalore for being organizer of the workshop on “VLSI Design Using Verilog HDL”.
- P.USHA,Got appreciation certificate from The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers(IETE) for organizing a Essay writing competition on “The Role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the Development of Society”
- Dr.Pravin R Kshirsagar,Got appreciation certificate from MAVEN SILICON, Bangalore for being organizer of the workshop on “VLSI Design Using Verilog HDL”.
- Poonam Swami, participated in Unnat Bharath Abhiyan from 26/8/19 to 28/8/19.
- Poonam Swami, participated in state level camp from 30/8/19 to 5/9/19.
- Poonam Swami, participated in Golden Jubilee celebration on 26/9/19 at CMR College
- Poonam Swami, participated in Gandhi Jayanthi celebration organized at JNTUH
- T.Gayatri, Got topper position in Research Methodology
- D,Chandraprakash,Got appreciation certificate from The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers(IETE) for organizing a Essay writing competition on “The Role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the Development of Society”
- M.N.Narsaiah published a paper in SCOPUS on “Dual filter image fuses algorithm for CT & MRI Medical image”
- D.Chandraprakash published a paper in ADLYA on “Radiation and chemical reaction MHD accelerated inclined state with variable temperature”
- A Deepika, successfully completed NPTEL online course on “DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING”
- Dr.B.Vandana Rao, received convener certificate from Institute Innovation Council(IIC)
- Md.Asif, Successfully Completed Industrial training course on “RAPID PROTOTYPING using ARM Mbed” from Eduvance under ARM University Program.
- Anuradha Shankar, Arjun Singh published a research paper in IJERT Volume-3, Issue-03, March-2014 on “Design and implementation of high speed and low power multiplier using urdhwa tiryagbhyam sutra”.
- B. Pavan Kumar, A. Bhagyaraj, D. Sushil, G. Vikram Reddy has published a paper in IJCRT on “Implementation of safe heart for monitoring patient condition”.
- 45 final year students successfully completed Oracle Academy Java Fundamentals.
- 15 Students of ECE department have participated in Oscad training.
- 8 Students of ECE department have successfully completed the requirements to be recognized as a Microsoft Technology Associate.
- 1 Student successfully completed “Global innovation and entrepreneurship program “ organized by University of Massachusetts(USA) and KLE Technological University Hubli, India.
- 47 students of ECE Department have participated in an Online Contest conducted on 28TH Oct,2017 by Texas Instruments India.
- 6 students of KGRCET are selected in IBC HACK-2018.
- Jyothirmay barua and K.V.Subba reddy project has been shortlisted in investor connect session held at E-SUMMIT HYDERABAD hosted by vardhaman college of Engineering on 21st and 22nd Aug,2018.
- K.V.Subba reddy appointed as a intershala student partner (ISP) by internshala from 19/9/2018 to 15/11/2018.
- 4 students have successfully completed VLSI design using verilog HDL- webinar
- 3 students participated in state level NSS Camp
- 2 students got rank selection for state NSS conducted at CMR college of Engineering and Technology
|S.No||DESCRIPTION||YEAR – SEM||CONTENT|
|1||Academic Calendar||Academic Calendar for 2019-20 (II-SEM)
Academic Calendar for 2019-20 (I-SEM)
|2||Handbooks||II-YEAR I-SEM||Handbook II-Year 2019-20 (I-SEM)|
|III-YEAR I-SEM||Handbook III-Year 2019-20 (I-SEM)|
|IV-YEAR I-SEM||Handbook IV-Year 2019-20 (I-SEM)|
|3||Course Files||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|4||Lab Manuals||II-YEAR I-SEM|
No Work Shops found.