- The Electrical and Electronics Engineering deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism, which includes all large-scale electrical systems mostly, power transmission and electric drives.
- The demand of electrical energy in our country is increasing at a very fast rate and this necessitates the need to generate more power.
- We are equipped to provide prospective engineers with the necessary training and Industrial visits.
- The programme provides students to produce professional engineers with a good working knowledge of analogue, digital and power electronics, electrical machines and power system with the emphasis on applications.
- The department has an excellent infrastructure to promote a congenial academic environment to impart quality education with well-equipped laboratories and a team of qualified and dedicated faculty members.
- The department has a well developed R&D cell. It also has adequate skilled and self-motivated technical staff. We have developed Industry Academia Cell.
- The Department has unique ties with industry and one of the advantages this holds for our students is the fact that they are in demand; not only in the local market, but internationally as well.
|S.No||Year of ESTD||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||2008||B.Tech – Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
|4||Paper Publications (Scopus & UGC)||6||2||16|
|7||Awards / Appreciations||0||0||0|
To be renowned department imparting both technical and non-technical skills to the students through implementing new engineering pedagogy and research to produce competent new age electrical engineers.
- To transform the students into motivated and knowledgeable new age electrical engineers.
- To advance the quality of education to produce world class technocrats with an ability to adapt to the academically challenging environment.
- To provide a progressive environment for learning through organized teaching methodologies, contemporary curriculum and research in the thrust areas of electrical engineering.
- 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- 3. Design/development of solutions: design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5. Modern tool usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- 7. Environment sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- 9. Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 10. Communication: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project management and finance: demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Lifelong learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: Apply knowledge and skills to provide solutions to Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems in industry and governmental organizations or to enhance student learning in educational institutions.
- PEO 2: Work as a team with a sense of ethics and professionalism, and communicate effectively to manage cross-cultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- PEO 3: Update their knowledge continuously through lifelong learning that contributes to personal, global and organizational growth.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Apply the engineering fundamental knowledge to identify, formulate, design and investigate complex engineering problems of electric circuits, power electronics, electrical machines and power systems and to succeed in competitive exams like GATE, IES, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT, etc.
- PSO 2: Apply appropriate techniques and modern engineering hardware and software tools in power systems and power electronics to engage in life-long learning and to get an employment in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- PSO 3: Understand the impact of engineering solutions in societal and environmental context, commit to professional ethics and communicate effectively.
Head of The Department
Mrs. P. Samyuktha is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. She has 11 years of teaching experience. She is now pursuing her Ph.D at JNTU,Hyderabad in the area of Renewable Energy Sources and Smart Grid. She has published 10 Research Papers in various National and international journals.
She is member of IAENG. Her research interests are Power Electronics, Electrical Drives and Renewable Energy Sources. She has guided 30 UG and 15 PG projects. She has Organized various National level Workshops and faculty Development Programs in the field of Electrical Engineering.
Mrs. P Samyuktha
Head of the Department (HOD) of EEE
Cell : +917660000962
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2008 with an intake of 60 students. Electrical & Electronics Engineering is one of the fast growing and one of the most sought disciplines in the field of engineering. It comprises with the electrical engineering and electronics engineering.
EEE is the power Department. We Educate , Empower and Enhance the students into competitive world. With the growing demand of Electrical Engineers in the Government and private sectors, the Department is making best efforts to produce highly trained and capable engineers who can take up the challenges of the real world. The quality of academic instructions, conduct guidelines and college activities are designed to produce competent and successful engineers. In the Department, the focus is on preparing professional engineers.
As far as the Department is concerned, academic standards and practical work are the two key parameters. The faculty is involved in imparting quality education and strives to foster and encourage a teaching methodology that is both practical and theoretical in approach. This orientation has led to successful projects and trainings.
The department has its own society, the ‘EAE (Electro technical Association for Empowering)’ comprising of the students and faculty members. It creates technical platform for sharing the knowledge on the contemporary happenings in the field of electrical and electronics engineering around the world. The students are also given opportunities to involve in IEEE Student chapter activities, which help students to participate in various technical events and gain knowledge. Department conducts various workshops on latest trends on Designing solar energy PV systems, PLC, SCADA, Electric drives. The department provides progressive environment for learning through organized teaching methodologies, contemporary curriculum and research in the thrust areas of electrical engineering.
Please find all the Department Faculty Profiles:
|1||Dr. T. V. V. Pavan Kumar||Professor & Head of the Exam Branch||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|2||Mrs. P. Samyuktha||Associate Professor & HOD||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|3||Mr. Khamruddin Syed||Associate Professor & Head – Center for Engineering and Education Department (CEED)||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|4||Mr. Srinivas D||Assistant Professor||M. Tech,(Ph.D)|
|5||Mr.T. Naveen||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|6||Mrs. M Manisha||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|7||Mr. G Babu Rao||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|8||Mr. B Lingam||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|9||Mr. Sugunakar M||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|10||Ms. G Mounika||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|11||Ms. Swathi||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|12||Mr. B Krishnakanth||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
The department has the following laboratories available:
Our faculty take up various research activities and have published the below papers in International conferences and journals.
- K Syed, “Using JIGSAW in Power Systems course to practice collaboration and observations therein” is selected for Poster presentation in ICTIEE-2016 conference held in Pune.
- K Syed, “Improving Teaching Learning process through establishment of Centre for Engineering Education Development – An initiative at KG college of engineering and Technology” is selected for Oral Presentation in ICTIEE-2016 conference held in Pune.
- K Syed and B Sasikala, “Design Analysis and Implementation of Low area and high speed CSLA using pass transistor logic” Presented paper in the National conference on Advancements and Innovations in Engineering, Technology and Management (AIETM-2014) organized by JBREC, Yenkapally, Hyderabad, AP, India during 19th and 20th March 2014.
- K Hussain, “Power Quality Improvement, the analysis using DSTATCOM for low voltage system”, Published in International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Research (IJEEER), Volume: 3, Issue: 1, March 31, 2013, pp.175-188.
- K Hussain, “A Seven Level Cascaded Multilevel Inverter Based Dynamic Voltage Restorer”, Published in International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (IJEETE), ISSN: 2051-3240, Vol.44, Issue.1, March 2013, pp. 1121-1129.
- K Hussain, R Jagan and K Jeji, “A new approach to improve the power factor, efficiency and reduce the harmonics of 3-Phase Diode Rectifier” Published in International Journal of Engineering and Research Applications(IJERA),Vol.2,Issue.5, Sep-Oct 2012, pp.79-84.
- K Hussain, “Power Quality Enhancement Using VSC Based DSTATCOM”, Published in International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 2, No. 1, January, 2012, pp.93-98.
- K Hussain, “Voltage Sag Mitigation Using Distribution Static Compensator System”, Published in International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 2, No. 5, May, 2012, pp.756-760.
Click here for Report Industry institute interaction with ENRUN
Click here for Report Industry institute interaction with ET
For III and IV Year EEE
For II Year EEE on 30.10.2019
For IV Year EEE on 19.09.2019
Guest Lecture on Electro Magnetic Fields for II Year EEE on 09.09.2019
For I Year CSE on 09.09.2019
For II, III & IV Year Students on 15th & 16th July 2019
28th Feb to 01st Mar – 2019
Industrial Visit to KTPS on 02.11.2019
Industry institute interaction with Enrun India Pvt. Limitted on 01.10.2019
Industrial Visit to BHEL on 30.10.2019
One Day Work Shop on Electrical Basics 09.09.2019
Orientation Program on 15th & 16th July 2019
Two days Workshop on PLC Programming on 28th 1st March 2019
NPTEL Course certified Faculty
|Faculty Name||Course & Certificate|
|Mr. Khamruddin Syed||Fundamentals of Electric Drives|
|Mr. Khamruddin Syed||Electrical Machines – I|
|Mrs. Samyuktha||Basic Electric Circuits|
|Mr. B Lingam||Power System Analysis|
|Mr. M Sugunakar||Basic Electric Circuits|
- Mr. Khamruddin Syed has been awarded for Accomplishments In Engineering Education at ICTIEE-2020 held at Anurag Group of Institutions on Janurary 8th, 2020.
- P Samyuktha, Mr. D. Srinivas, Dr. T V V Pavan Kumar, Mr. B.Lingam, Mr. M. Sugunakar published the patent on “System and Method for selecting a parent node among a plural available parent nodes”
- Mrs. P Samyuktha, Dr. T V V Pavan Kumar, Mr. B.Lingam, Mr. M. Sugunakar, Ms. Mounika published the patent on “Experimental Analysis of A Solar Cooker With Parabolic Trough Enhanced With PCM Based Thermal STOR.
- T. V. V. Pavan Kumar published the patent on “ Pedal System”
- P Samyuktha got the NPTEL certification with Elite plus Silver in “ Basic Electrical Circuits”
- T. V. V. Pavan Kumar appointed as Reviewer in “ International Journal of Energy and Power Engineering ( IJEPE)
- K. Syed selected as an Assistant Faculty in IUCEE-International Teachers Certification Program, Pilot-II in September, 2015 for Collaborative Learning Module.
- K. Syed received a Microsoft Engineering Educator Certificate in 2015 recognized by UNESCO.
- K. Syed conducted a Faculty develop program on “Active learning and Course Description documents” in KGRCET, Nov 2015.
- K. Syed conducted a seminar on “Teaching Methodology and Lecture Delivery” on Active learning for quality Education at KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology on July 4th 2015.
- Khamruddin Syed has awarded as Faculty Fellow as a part of Outstanding Engineering Educator for valuable contributions in Engineering Education to improve quality in ICTIEE 2017, by IUCEE.
- Khamruddin Syed has Certified as Microsoft Engineering Educator in 2015.
- Khamruddin Syed has acted as a Reviewer for ICTIEE 2017 and 2018 conferences.
- Khamruddin Syed has Selected as assistant faculty for IIEECP blended training programs for various institutions on Effective assessment and Collaborative Learning.
- Khamruddin Syed has selected as a faculty for IIEECP Phase 1 held at KL University in 2017.
- P.Srinivasulu (08QM1A0243) along with his team members K.Srikanth(08QM1A0225), D.Tejkanth (08QM1A0210), Rajkumar (08QM1A0251), V.Mouneshwarachary (08QM1A0257) won the prize in Quiz Competition in the Annual Day Celebrations Enginuity 2009 at KGRCET, Hyderabad.
- K.Srikanth (08QM1A0225) awarded by Made Easy Education (P) Ltd for certification of scholarship in honour of Outstanding Performance and Dedication on 4th September 2010.
- Susheel Manker (09QM1A0239) participated in robotics and won the First Prize held at KGRCET in AVANCO 2k11 on 23rd March 2011.
- K.Sachin ((09QM1A0220)has secured 2nd Prize in “Robo War” conducted during Technozian ’11 at the National Institute of Technology Warangal during 23rd – 25th SEP 2k11.
- D. Rajitha (09QM1A0209) and G.Priyanka (09QM1A0208) presented a paper on “Geothermal Energy” and won the First Prize at INNOEVENT 2K12 organized by PRRM Engineering College on 2nd and 3rd March 2012.
- G. Venkatesh (10QM1A0214) and Ch. Samudreswara Rao (10QM1A0210) participated in Short-film contest and won the First Prize JBREC, Hyderabad on 13th March 2012.
- S.Suresh (09QM1A0238) has got 2nd Prize for Robotics in 1 day national level technical Symposium Tekgreenz 2k12 organized by EEE Dept. under EAE-KGRCET on 4TH AUG 2K12, KGRCET, Hyderabad.
- P.Shyam (09QM1A0231) and Santosh Kumar (09QM1A0222) got 1st Prize for Technical Quiz 1 day national level technical Symposium Tekgreenz 2k12 organized by EEE Dept. under EAE-KGRCET on 4TH AUG 2K12, KGRCET, Hyderabad.
- Rajitha (09QM1A0208), G.Priyanka (09QM1A0209)got 1st Prize in the Event of Poster Presentation in the 1 day national level technical Symposium Tekgreenz 2k12 organized by EEE Dept. under EAE-KGRCET on 4TH AUG 2K12, KGRCET, Hyderabad.
- K.Sachin (09QM1A0220) and Purna Chander (09QM1A0210) won 2nd Prize in National Level Technical paper Presentation on Robotics in Capareenza 2K12 Held on 30-31st MARCH 2k12, organized by Bharat Institute of Engineering and Technology, Ibrahimpatnam, RR Dist.
- S.Uday Chaitanya (10QM1A0233) got 2nd Prize in paper Presentation at “Kurushetra 13” A National Level Technical Symposium held on 11-12th MARCH 2k13.
- G.Priyanka (09QM1A0209), D.Rajitha (09QM1A0208) got 1st prize in paper presentation in a National Level Technical Fest Talentine 2k13 on 27-28th FEB and 1st March 2k13, organized by KGRCET.
- S. Uday Chaitanya (10QM1A0233) is entitled as “Campus Ambassador for Lead India” of College KGRCET for the Year 2013 -14.
|S.No||DESCRIPTION||YEAR – SEM||CONTENT|
|1||Academic Calendar||Academic Calendar for 2019-20 (II-SEM)
Academic Calendar for 2019-20 (I-SEM)
|2||Handbooks||Handbook 2019-20-II Year (I-SEM)
Handbook 2019-20-III-Year (I-SEM)
Handbook 2019-20 – IV-Year(I-SEM)
|3||Course Files||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|4||Lab Manuals||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|S.No||YEAR – SEM||DESCRIPTION|
|1||II – Year II SEM||II-Year EEE Time Table 2019-20(II-SEM)|
|2||III – Year II SEM||III-Year EEE Time Table 2019-20(II-SEM)|
|3||IV – Year II SEM||IV-Year EEE Time Table 2019-20(II-SEM)|
|1||II – Year I SEM||II-Year EEE Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
|2||III – Year I SEM||III-Year EEE Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
|3||IV – Year I SEM||IV-Year EEE Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
No Work Shops found.