Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- To transform the students into motivated and knowledgable new age electrical engineers.
- To advance the quality of education to produce world class technocrats with an ability to adapt to the academically challenging environment.
- To provide a progressive environment for learning through organized teaching methodologies, contemporary curriculum and research in the thrust areas of electrical engineering.
To be renowned department imparting both technical and non-technical skills to the students through implementing new engineering pedagogy and research to produce competent new age electrical engineers
- Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve the complex problems in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Identify, formulate, design, analyze and implement an electrical and electronics system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- Design system components that meet economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety and sustainability requirements.
- Conduct investigations of complex engineering problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Construct, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern simulation tools to solve complex electrical and electronics circuits.
- Apply contextual knowledge to assess social, health, safety and cultural issues and endure the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Utilize core engineering knowledge in a global, economic, environmental and societal context for sustainable development.
- Solve professional, legal and ethical issues pertaining to core engineering and its related fields.
- Function effectively as a team member or a leader to accomplish a common goal in a multi disciplinary team.
- Communicate effectively with the engineers and society at large through the ability to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- Apply knowledge of engineering and management principles to manage projects effectively in diverse environments as a member or leader of a team.
- Engage in independent and lifelong learning for continued professional development.
Program Educational Outcomes:
- PEO 1:
Apply their knowledge and skills to provide solutions to electrical and electronics engineering problems in industry and governmental organizations or to enhance student learning in educational institutions
- PEO 2:
Work as a team with a sense of ethics and professionalism, and communicate effectively to manage cross-cultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- PEO 3:
Update their knowledge continuously through lifelong learning that contributes to personal and organizational growth.
KHAMRUDDIN SYED is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering He has 10 years of teaching experience. He is now pursuing his PhD in the area of Electric Drives. He has published Research Papers in various domains including Power Systems, Electric Drives and Engineering Education in Scopus and UGC approved journals. He is also the Director, Center for Engineering Education Development (CEED). His research interests are Power Systems, Sensorless Control of Induction Motors. He has also selected as an Assistant Faculty for IUCEE-IGIP International Teachers Certification Program for multiple times. His other interests are Pedagogical Training, Collaborative Learning. He has been awarded as Microsoft Educator Award in the year 2015 and IUCEE faculty Fellow in the year 2017. He has organized and acted as a Convener NCESTFOSS-2017
Mr. KHAMRUDDIN SYED
B.Tech, M.Tech, (Ph.D)
Head of the Department (HOD)
Cell : +917660000962
Please find all the Department Faculty Profiles : EEE – ALL FACULTY PROFILES
|S. No||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification|
|2||MAHESHKUMAR MARAPALLI||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|3||GUNDETI ANJANEYULU||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|4||CHALLA RAMAIAH||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|6||SIREESHA GAVINI||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|7||PRASANNA KUMARI MANGALARAM||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|8||PEDDA REDDY||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|9||HIMA BINDU SAGARIKA||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
- K Syed, “Using JIGSAW in Power Systems course to practice collaboration and observations therein” is selected for Poster presentation in ICTIEE-2016 conference held in Pune.
- K Syed, “Improving Teaching Learning process through establishment of Centre for Engineering Education Development – An initiative at KG college of engineering and Technology” is selected for Oral Presentation in ICTIEE-2016 conference held in Pune.
- K Syed and B Sasikala, “Design Analysis and Implementation of Low area and high speed CSLA using pass transistor logic” Presented paper in the National conference on Advancements and Innovations in Engineering, Technology and Management (AIETM-2014) organized by JBREC, Yenkapally, Hyderabad, AP, India during 19th and 20th March 2014.
- K Hussain, “Power Quality Improvement, the analysis using DSTATCOM for low voltage system”, Published in International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Research (IJEEER), Volume: 3, Issue: 1, March 31, 2013, pp.175-188.
- K Hussain, “A Seven Level Cascaded Multilevel Inverter Based Dynamic Voltage Restorer”, Published in International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (IJEETE), ISSN: 2051-3240, Vol.44, Issue.1, March 2013, pp. 1121-1129.
- K Hussain, R Jagan and K Jeji, “A new approach to improve the power factor, efficiency and reduce the harmonics of 3-Phase Diode Rectifier” Published in International Journal of Engineering and Research Applications(IJERA),Vol.2,Issue.5, Sep-Oct 2012, pp.79-84.
- K Hussain, “Power Quality Enhancement Using VSC Based DSTATCOM”, Published in International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 2, No. 1, January, 2012, pp.93-98.
- K Hussain, “Voltage Sag Mitigation Using Distribution Static Compensator System”, Published in International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 2, No. 5, May, 2012, pp.756-760.
- K. Syed selected as an Assistant Faculty in IUCEE-International Teachers Certification Program, Pilot-II in September, 2015 for Collaborative Learning Module
- K. Syed received a Microsoft Engineering Educator Certificate in 2015 recognized by UNESCO.
- K. Syed conducted a Faculty develop program on “Active learning and Course Description documents” in KGRCET, Nov 2015.
- K. Syed conducted a seminar on “Teaching Methodology and Lecture Delivery” on Active learning for quality Education at KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology on July 4th 2015.
- P.Srinivasulu (08QM1A0243) along with his team members K.Srikanth(08QM1A0225), D.Tejkanth (08QM1A0210), Rajkumar (08QM1A0251), V.Mouneshwarachary (08QM1A0257) won the prize in Quiz Competition in the Annual Day Celebrations Enginuity 2009 at KGRCET, Hyderabad.
- K.Srikanth (08QM1A0225) awarded by Made Easy Education (P) Ltd for certification of scholarship in honour of Outstanding Performance and Dedication on 4th September 2010.
- Susheel Manker (09QM1A0239) participated in robotics and won the First Prize held at KGRCET in AVANCO 2k11 on 23rd March 2011.
- K.Sachin ((09QM1A0220)has secured 2nd Prize in “Robo War” conducted during Technozian ’11 at the National Institute of Technology Warangal during 23rd – 25th SEP 2k11
- D. Rajitha (09QM1A0209) and G.Priyanka (09QM1A0208) presented a paper on “Geothermal Energy” and won the First Prize at INNOEVENT 2K12 organized by PRRM Engineering College on 2nd and 3rd March 2012.
- G. Venkatesh (10QM1A0214) and Ch. Samudreswara Rao (10QM1A0210) participated in Short-film contest and won the First Prize JBREC, Hyderabad on 13th March 2012.
- S.Suresh (09QM1A0238) has got 2nd Prize for Robotics in 1 day national level technical Symposium Tekgreenz 2k12 organized by EEE Dept. under EAE-KGRCET on 4TH AUG 2K12, KGRCET, Hyderabad.
- P.Shyam (09QM1A0231) and Santosh Kumar (09QM1A0222) got 1st Prize for Technical Quiz 1 day national level technical Symposium Tekgreenz 2k12 organized by EEE Dept. under EAE-KGRCET on 4TH AUG 2K12, KGRCET, Hyderabad.
- Rajitha (09QM1A0208), G.Priyanka (09QM1A0209)got 1st Prize in the Event of Poster Presentation in the 1 day national level technical Symposium Tekgreenz 2k12 organized by EEE Dept. under EAE-KGRCET on 4TH AUG 2K12, KGRCET, Hyderabad.
- K.Sachin (09QM1A0220) and Purna Chander (09QM1A0210) won 2nd Prize in National Level Technical paper Presentation on Robotics in Capareenza 2K12 Held on 30-31st MARCH 2k12, organized by Bharat Institute of Engineering and Technology, Ibrahimpatnam, RR Dist.
- S.Uday Chaitanya (10QM1A0233) got 2nd Prize in paper Presentation at “Kurushetra 13” A National Level Technical Symposium held on 11-12th MARCH 2k13
- G.Priyanka (09QM1A0209), D.Rajitha (09QM1A0208) got 1st prize in paper presentation in a National Level Technical Fest Talentine 2k13 on 27-28th FEB and 1st March 2k13, organized by KGRCET.
- S. Uday Chaitanya (10QM1A0233) is entitled as “Campus Ambassador for Lead India” of College KGRCET for the Year 2013 -14.