Academic Year 2017-18
|1. Dr. RS Jahagirdar, Chairman-Library Committee & Principal|
|2. Mr. Mohd.Latheef, Librarian
3. Mr.Saidi Reddy, Assc. Prof. Dept of CSE
4. Mr. M.Narasaiah Assc. Prof. Dept of ECE
5. Mr.Mahesh Reddy Assc. Prof. Dept of MECH
6. Mr.Syed Khamruddin Assc. Prof. Dept of EEE
7. Mrs.Shivani Asst. Prof. Dept of CIVIL
8. Dr. Sukanya Mutti Dept of MBA
9. Mr.C. Mallikarjun Reddy Assc. Prof. Dept of H&S
10. Dr. Manish Jain
11. Supriya Goyal – Convenor
@ A GLANCE
- Huge Library complex with an area of 7480.7 sft. (Ground , I floors)
- The ground floor accommodates Stack Area ,Book Circulation Section, Newspapers, Magazines and Reprography / Photocopy
- The first floor hosts Back volumes, Project reports, P.G. books, Digital Library and books for competitive examinations etc.
- The second floor accommodates current Journals and Reference books
- Equipped with modern infrastructure, with a reading capacity for 120 users.
- Collection above 22174 volumes.
- More than 4576+ Online E-Journals & 2,000 E-books
- More than 120 + Print Journals & Magazines
- Automated Library powered by New Genlib Software.
- A Team of 03 professionally qualified and trained staff, aided by 1 support staff.
• Library works from : 08 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM
• Circulation Section : 09 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM
• Book Returns : 09 : 00 AM to 04 : 00 PM
• Book Issues : 10 : 00 AM to 05 : 00 PM
• Reference Section : 08 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM
• On 2nd Saturdays : 09 : 00 AM to 04 : 30 PM
It remains closed on all Holidays,
• All Bonafide Students and Staff members of KGRCET are eligible for membership to avail the services of Central Library.
• Application for membership should be made on the prescribed form which is available at the Library’s Circulation Section.
• All the registered members are called the users of Library.
• The Library is primarily for the use of Faculty, Students, and Non-Teaching employees of the Institute.
• On special request, outsiders (Students, Faculty, Research scholars of other Colleges) are also permitted for a shorter period for research with written permission from the Principal on the basis of a letter from the concerned Department / Institute.
• The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to KGRCET Staff & Students only
• An overdue charge is payable for returning books/Materials after the due date.
Library Memberships & Guidelines
- A book will be issued to the borrower against production of library card issued by library.
- Library borrower card is not transferable
- Member should not borrow defective / damaged books. while returning such a book member will be held responsible and charged as per the rules mentioned below
- The Member (students) should produce his/her library card for borrowing books , failing which the library staff can refuse to issue books to him/her.
- The borrower card of a student will remain valid for the period mentioned on the borrower card.
- All members should obtain a ‘No Due’ certificate for issuing of original certificates for other purpose after surrendering the library borrower card also paying any dues outstanding against them, if any
- All members should return the books borrowed from the library before they proceed on a long period of leave and obtain a
‘ No Due ‘ certificate from the library.
Number of books and Loan Period
|Category||Number of Books||Loan Period||
|All regular teaching staff||4||One Semester|
|Technical and supportive staff and others||2||14 days|
|Guest faculty||2||1 week|
|B Tech. students||2||10 days|
|Book Bank scheme||6||Semester|
LIBRARY MATERIAL – NOT FOR CIRCULATION
Reference Books, Serial Publications, Reserve Books
Thesis & Dissertations, CDs/DVDs
Loose issues and bound volumes of periodicals.
Loss of Borrower Identity Card & Books
- The Members are responsible for Library borrower card. Loss of Library borrower card should be reported to the circulation section immediately. Duplicate Library borrower card will be issued on payment of Rs. 50/- after two weeks time from the date of application on verification
- Loss of book by the borrower should be reported to the Circulation immediately to avoid fine. Further, borrower shall either replace the book or bear its cost.
- If the replace is not done within 15 days, the defaulter will be charged 3 times the cost of the book, if the book is in print, or 4 times the cost of the book, if the book is out of print.
- If the book of a multi volume set is damaged or lost the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay 4 times the cost of the same.
- Internet facility is open for the registered users of the Library only. No outsider will be allowed to use this facility.
- Users should produce the Library Identity Card at Information Desk (circulation Counter) and collect the same after browsing.
- Users are advised to make use of this facility only to support their academic and research activities.
- Requested to make way to the others to use the facility.
- Users should enter the name and other details in the register before browsing the Internet. Maximum time for browsing is restricted to 5-10minutes only.
- It is our collective responsibility, as far as the safety of the systems is concerned. Please bring to the notice of the Librarian any misuse of the systems.
- The facility is available between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm on all working days.
- Librarian reserves the right to stop extending this facility to a person found misusing, apart from initiating action as per the rules by the college Authorities.
- Members shall observe silence in the reading halls
- Don’t use cell phone in the Library
- Members shall not engage in conversation in any part of the library so as to cause annoyance to any other reader
- Members shall not smoke, eat, or spit in any part of the library
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library
- Members shall not shelve books and periodicals as that disturb the prescribed order
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian
- The members caught tearing pages/stealing of books will be suspended forthwith from using the library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against them by the college
- Members shall not bring personal belongings (including Books and other printed material) and library books borrowed by them inside the library
- Members leaving the library should stop at the exit so that the material borrowed or taken out of the library by them may be checked
- Upon any infringement of the library rules members shall forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the library
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner