Established in 2009-10, the Mechanical Engineering Department is continuously striving towards excellence. With state-of-art laboratories and highly experienced faculties the department has been implementing an active blended course structure thereby preparing the students to be industry ready. Engineering masterpieces of future will require mechanical engineers to reach beyond the traditional knowledge of the field. The department offers an undergraduate program Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) with an intake of 120 seats that will provide solid foundation for careers in industry, research and academia.
|S.No||Year of ESTD||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||2008||B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering||120|
Mechanical Engineering Department of KG REDDY College of Engineering & Technology strives to be recognized globally for imparting outstanding technical education and research leading to well qualified truly world class leaders and unleashes technological innovations to serve the global society with an ultimate aim to improve the quality of life.
Mechanical Engineering Department of KGRCET strives to create world class Mechanical Engineers by:
- Imparting quality education to its students and enhancing their skills.
- Encouraging innovative research and consultancy by establishing the state of the art research facilities through which the faculty members and engineers from the nearby industries can actively utilize the established the research laboratories.
- Expanding curricula as appropriate to include broader prospective.
- Establishing linkages with world class R&D organizations and leading educational institutions in India and abroad for excelling in teaching, research and consultancy.
- Creation of service opportunities for the up-liftment of society at large.
- 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- 3. Design/development of solutions: design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5. Modern tool usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- 7. Environment sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- 9. Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 10. Communication: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project management and finance: demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Lifelong learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: To apply deep working knowledge of technical fundamentals in areas related to thermal, production, design, materials, system engineering areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- PEO 2: To develop innovative ideas and fine solutions to various mechanical engineering problems.
- PEO 3: To communicate effectively as members of multidisciplinary teams.
- PEO 4: To be sensitive to professional and societal context and committed to ethical action.
- PEO 5: To lead in the conception, design and implementation of new products, processes, services and systems.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Apply the knowledge in the domain of engineering mechanics, thermal and fluid sciences to solve engineering problems utilizing advanced technology.
- PSO 2: Successfully evaluates the principle of design, analysis and implementation of mechanical systems / processes which have been learned as a part of the curriculum.
- PSO 3: Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern CAD / CAM tools, while ensuring best manufacturing practices.
Head of The Department
Dr. Prabhuraj Parasuraman is currently working as an Associate Professor & Head in Mechanical Engineering Department of K.G. Reddy College of Engineering and Technology, affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Telangana. Dr. Prabhuraj has a working experience of 15 years, which comprises of 2 years in industry and 13 years in teaching. He has to his credit, 10 international journal, 4 international conference and 6 national conference publications. Dr. Prabhuraj is a life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Indian Welding Society (IWS), and a member of Indian Institute of Production Engineering (IIPE). Dr. Prabhuraj has received the best research paper award at the international conference on mechanical metallurgy materials (ICMMM) held at SSNCE, Chennai (2018).
He has also been accorded with best research paper presentation at the international conference on recent advancement in mechanical engineering & technology (ICRAMET-2015). He has completed a funded project titled “Semi-Automatic Vehicle for Physically Handicapped” which was accorded with the title of Best Project by Tamil Nadu State Council for Science & Technology (TNSCST). He also received Rs. 6,50,000 towards a funded research project from Ministry of Renewable Energy, Govt of India for Establishment of “50M Data Collection and Wind Monitoring Station” in May, 2015. He has attended several national and international workshops, conferences and seminars.
Dr. Prabhuraj Parasuraman
Head of the Department (HOD) of MECH
Cell : +917660000963
Department Faculty Profiles:
|1||Dr. R. S. Jahagirdar||Professor & Principal||ME, Ph.D|
|2||Dr. Sahu Kumar Dilip||Professor||ME, Ph.D|
|3||Dr. Prabhu Raj||Assoc Professor||ME, Ph.D|
|4||Kakarala Udaya Sri||Assoc Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|5||Mahesh Reddy||Assoc Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|6||Nanda Gopal||Assoc Professor||ME, (Ph.D)|
|7||Nuvvula Harini||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|8||Manish Vyas||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|9||Saba Sultana||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|10||MD Ikramuddin Sohail||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|11||S. Sathish||Asst Professor||ME|
|12||Mallikarjuna C||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|13||J M Monisha||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|14||Syed Muzaffar Uddin||Asst Professor||MS|
|15||K Praveen Kumar||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|16||R Sibi||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|17||P Pramodh Kumar||Asst Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|18||B Naresh||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|19||D Sai Suman||Asst Professor||ME|
|20||Najeem Makandar||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|21||Bhargavi Siripragada||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
|22||Manchala Sadasivan Ravitheja||Asst Professor||M.Tech|
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Engineering Workshop
- Manufacturing Process Lab
- Metallurgy & Material Science Lab
- Mechanics of Solids Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Machine Tool Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Metrology Lab
- Instrumentation Lab
- Fuels & Lubricants Lab
- Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) Lab
- Production Drawing Practice Lab
Our faculty take up various research activities and have published the below papers in International conferences and journals.
- 1. Rama Mohan Reddy, ”A study on Hydrodynamic journal bearing analysis on various loads”, Mechanical publication Ltd., India Version, PPL 54167.
- 2. Rama Mohan Reddy, V. Rama Krishna, “Factors influencing power loss of tilting pad thrust bearing”, Journal of Lubrication Technology, Volume 110, April 2011.
- 3. Rama Mohan Reddy, “Clearance consideration in Pivoted Pad”, Journal Bearing “ASLE” No 5, PP 418 420
- 4. Rama Mohan Reddy, “An Investigation of Thrust Bearing Theory”, Journal of Lubrication Technology, Volume Number 5, October 2012, PP 477 to 482.
- 5. Rama Mohan Reddy, “Operating characteristics of a Fluid Film Thrust bearing subjected to High Shaft Speeds”, Journal of Lubrication Technology, Volume No 8, PP 277 281.
- 6. Rama Mohan Reddy, “Film analysis of a Hydrodynamic Journal bearing subjected to various Loads and Speeds, Journal of Lubrication Technology.
- 7. Rama Mohan Reddy, “A Study of Fluid Flow and Thermal Analysis of a Circular Journal Bearing”, Journal of Lubrication Technology,Volume No. 10, PP 208 to 212.
- 8. Rama Mohan Reddy, K. Prabhakaran Naik, TP Indulekha, “ Study of fluid flow thermal analysis of a Hydrodynamic Journal Bearing”.
- 9. Simhana Devi, “Solar Energy Bike”, International Journal for Multidisciplinary Educational Research”, November, 2014.
- 10. Aruna Jyothi, “The effect of different experimental parameters observation through Simulation of Tailor Welded Blank made of Friction Stir Welding”, All India Manufacturing Technology and Research Conference, December 2014.
14th to 26th May – 2018
07th Jul – 2018
13th to 18th Aug – 2018
28th Aug – 2018
08th Sept – 2018
25th to 26th Sept – 2018
28th Sept – 2018
20th to 21th Dec – 2018
No Galleries found.
|S.No||Faculty Achievement Details|
|1||Dr. P.Prabhuraj, Department of Mechanical Engineering received Best Research Article in “International Conference on Engineering Materials, Metallurgy and Manufacturing”- ICMMM 2018|
|S.No||DESCRIPTION||YEAR – SEM||CONTENT|
|1||Academic Calendar||Academic Calendar for 2018-19 (I-SEM)|
|2||Handbooks||Handbook 2018-19 (I-SEM)|
|3||Course Files||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|4||Lab Manuals||II-YEAR I-SEM|
No Work Shops found.