Established in 2009-10, the Mechanical Engineering Department is continuously striving towards excellence. With state-of-art laboratories and highly experienced faculties the department has been implementing an active blended course structure thereby preparing the students to be industry ready. Engineering masterpieces of future will require mechanical engineers to reach beyond the traditional knowledge of the field. The department offers an undergraduate program Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) with an intake of 60 seats that will provide solid foundation for careers in industry, research and academia.
|S.No||Year of ESTD||Name of the Course||Intake|
|1||2008||B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering||60|
|4||Paper Publications (Scopus & UGC)||12||12||3|
Mechanical Engineering Department of KG Reddy College of Engineering & Technology strives to be recognized globally for imparting outstanding technical education and research leading to well qualified truly world class leaders and unleashes technological innovations to serve the global society with an ultimate aim to improve the quality of life.
Mechanical Engineering Department of KGRCET strives to create world class Mechanical Engineers by:
- Imparting quality education to its students and enhancing their skills.
- Encouraging innovative research and consultancy by establishing the state of the art research facilities through which the faculty members and engineers from the nearby industries can actively utilize the established the research laboratories.
- Expanding curricula as appropriate to include broader prospective.
- Establishing linkages with world class R&D organizations and leading educational institutions in India and abroad for excelling in teaching, research and consultancy.
- Creation of service opportunities for the up-liftment of society at large.
- 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- 3. Design/development of solutions: design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5. Modern tool usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- 7. Environment sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- 9. Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 10. Communication: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project management and finance: demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Lifelong learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: To apply deep working knowledge of technical fundamentals in areas related to thermal, production, design, materials, system engineering areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- PEO 2: To develop innovative ideas and fine solutions to various mechanical engineering problems.
- PEO 3: To communicate effectively as members of multidisciplinary teams.
- PEO 4: To be sensitive to professional and societal context and committed to ethical action.
- PEO 5: To lead in the conception, design and implementation of new products, processes, services and systems.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Apply the knowledge in the domain of engineering mechanics, thermal and fluid sciences to solve engineering problems utilizing advanced technology.
- PSO 2: Successfully evaluates the principle of design, analysis and implementation of mechanical systems / processes which have been learned as a part of the curriculum.
- PSO 3: Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern CAD / CAM tools, while ensuring best manufacturing practices.
Head of The Department
Mr. Mahesh R Reddy
Department Faculty Profiles:
|1||Dr. Ramchandra Srinivas Jahagirdar||Professor & Principal||ME, Ph.D|
|2||Dr. Sahu Kumar Dilip||Professor & Dean R&D||ME, Ph.D|
|3||Mr. Mahesh Reddy||Associate Professor, HOD||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|4||Dr. M Swaroopa||Associate Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|5||Dr.R. T. Sharath Babu||Associate Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D|
|6||Mr. K Praveen Kumar||Associate Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|7||Mr. Manjunatha N||Associate Professor||M.Tech|
|8||Mrs. Kakarla Uday Sri||Associate Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|9||Mr. S. Sathish||Assistant Professor||ME|
|10||Mr. MD Ikramuddin Sohail||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|11||Mrs. K Kalpana||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|12||Mr. B Naresh||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|13||Mr. Sibi R||Assistant Professor||ME|
|14||Mr. M. A. Salman||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|15||Mr. Sanjay Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|16||Mrs. Sravani R||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|17||Mr. Sharan K Patil||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|18||Mrs. Ragam Indraja Yadav||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|19||Mr. B Palender||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|20||Ms. Sasmitha Singh||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
|21||Mr. Suswanth P||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, (Ph.D)|
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Engineering Workshop
- Production Technology Laboratory
- Material Science and Mechanics of Solids Laboratory
- Mechanics of Solids Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Machines Laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory
- Machine Tools Laboratory
- Heat Transfer Laboratory
- Engineering Metrology Laboratory
- Instrumentation and Control Systems Laboratory
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting & MATLAB
- CAD/ CAM Laboratory
No Researches found.
Work Shop on HVAC on 26.09.19
Industrial institute interaction to GRAND CASTINGS on 07.09.19
Industrial institute interaction to Salzgitter Hydraulic Lifts Pvt.Ltd. on 06.09.19
Industrial visit to GRAND CASTINGS on 29.08.19
Industrial visit to CIM Technologies Pvt.Ltd. on 26.08.19
Orientation Program on 15.07.19 & 16.07.19 by Dept.
14th to 26th May – 2018
07th Jul – 2018
13th to 18th Aug – 2018
28th Aug – 2018
Workshop on HVAC on 26.09.2019
Industrial Interaction to Salzgitter Hydraulic Lifts Pvt.Ltd. on 06.09.2019
Industrial visit to Grand Castings on 29.08.2019
Industry Interaction to CIM Technologies on 26.08.19
Orientation Programm @ ME Dept.- KGRCET
NPTEL Course certified Faculty
|Faculty Name||Course & Certificate|
|Mrs. Kalpana||Design Practice|
|Mrs. Sravani||Fundamentals of Manufacturing Process|
|S.No||DESCRIPTION||YEAR – SEM||CONTENT|
|1||Academic Calendar||Academic Calendar for 2019-20 (II-SEM)
Academic Calendar for 2019-20 (I-SEM)
|2||Handbooks||2019-20||Handbook II BTECH I-SEM
Handbook III BTECH I-SEM
Handbook IV BTECH I-SEM
|3||Course Files||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|4||Lab Manuals||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|S.No||YEAR – SEM||DESCRIPTION|
|1||II – Year||II-Year MECH Time Table 2019-20(II-SEM)|
|2||III – Year||III-Year MECH Time Table 2019-20(II-SEM)|
|3||IV – Year||IV-Year MECH Time Table 2019-20(II-SEM)|
|1||II – Year||II-Year MECH Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
|2||III – Year||III-Year MECH Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
|3||IV – Year||IV-Year MECH Time Table 2019-20(I-SEM)|
No Work Shops found.