Department of Mechanical Engineering
- To impart quality education to the students & enhance their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- To improve quality of teaching through continuous refinement of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- To provide a collaborative environment that stimulates faculty, staff and students to achieve their highest potential through lifelong learning.
To strive to be recognised department providing quality technical education and producing new age mechanical engineers to serve the diverse needs of our changing industry and society.
- Ability to use basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering and apply them to solve problems specific to mechanical engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve complex mechanical engineering problems.
- Ability to use software methods and modern computer tools to analyze mechanical engineering problems.
- Ability to design a system to meet desired needs within environmental, economic, political, ethical, management and manufacturing knowledge and techniques to estimate time, resources to complete project.
- Have an open mind and have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities, and use technology to benefit the community.
- Ability to work as a coherent unit in multidisciplinary teams and deliver results through collaborative research.
- Communicate effectively with the engineers and society at large through the ability to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions.
- Ability to do self-learning and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning.
- Ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in Mechanical Engineering.
Program Educational Outcomes:
- PEO 1:
Graduates will utilize the foundation in Engineering and Science to improve lives and livelihoods through a successful career in Mechanical Engineering or other fields.
- PEO 2:
Graduates will become effective collaborators and innovators, leading or participating in efforts to address Social, Technical and Business challenges.
- PEO 3:
Graduates will engage in Lifelong Learning and professional development through Self-Study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies in engineering & Business.
Prof. P.Rama Mohan Reddy completed his B. Tech. (MECH) from Nagarjuna University in 1995 and M. Tech. (Machine Design) from JNTU Kakinada in 2006 and Ph.D. Thesis submitted in JNTUH, Hyderabad in the year December 2014. He is presently working as Professor and Head of the department of Mechanical Engineering, KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, Telangana State. He has 20 Years of experience in teaching and research. He has published 4 National papers and 2 International Papers, 8 National Conferences and 4 International Conferences. His research interests are Machine Design.
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Engineering Workshop
- Metallurgy and Mechanics of Solids Lab
- Production Technology Lab
- Mechanics of Fluids and Hydraulics Machines Lab
- Machine Tools and Metrology Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Lab
- Production Drawing Practice and Instrumentation Lab
Our faculty take up various research activities and have published the below papers in International conferences and journals.
- Rama Mohan Reddy, ”A study on Hydrodynamic journal bearing analysis on various loads”, Mechanical publication Ltd., India Version, PPL 54167.
- Rama Mohan Reddy, V. Rama Krishna, “Factors influencing power loss of tilting pad thrust bearing”, Journal of Lubrication Technology, Volume 110, April 2011.
- Rama Mohan Reddy, “Clearance consideration in Pivoted Pad”, Journal Bearing “ASLE” No 5, PP 418 420
- Rama Mohan Reddy, “An Investigation of Thrust Bearing Theory”, Journal of Lubrication Technology, Volume Number 5, October 2012, PP 477 to 482.
- Rama Mohan Reddy, “Operating characteristics of a Fluid Film Thrust bearing subjected to High Shaft Speeds”, Journal of Lubrication Technology, Volume No 8, PP 277 281.
- Rama Mohan Reddy, “Film analysis of a Hydrodynamic Journal bearing subjected to various Loads and Speeds, Journal of Lubrication Technology.
- Rama Mohan Reddy, “A Study of Fluid Flow and Thermal Analysis of a Circular Journal Bearing”, Journal of Lubrication Technology,Volume No. 10, PP 208 to 212.
- Rama Mohan Reddy, K. Prabhakaran Naik, TP Indulekha, “ Study of fluid flow thermal analysis of a Hydrodynamic Journal Bearing”.
- Simhana Devi, “Solar Energy Bike”, International Journal for Multidisciplinary Educational Research”, November, 2014.
- Aruna Jyothi, “The effect of different experimental parameters observation through Simulation of Tailor Welded Blank made of Friction Stir Welding”, All India Manufacturing Technology and Research Conference, December 2014.
- Bharat Pasam elected as internal affairs officer for SPEED INDIA 2014-15.
- Vishal Kumar elected as president of Rotract club of new age engineers which is prestigious and part of Rotary international district 3150.
- Bharat Pasam facilitated SPEED-INDIA national workshop on 21st Century Grand Challenges for engineering students in Rajarambapu College of Engineering and technology, Islampur, Maharashtra.
- Fawaz Ali Khan Nominated as Secretary KGRCET SPEED in 2014-15.
- Bharat Pasam facilitated SPEED-India national workshops on Engineering Creativity and Innovation in Engineering Education for the developing India at Mohandas College of engineering and technology, Nedumangad Village, Kerala and PSG college of Engineering and technology, Coimbotore, Tamilnadu.
- Fawaz Ali Khan facilitated SPEED-INDIA national workshop on 21st Century Grand Challenges for engineering students in Gurunanak College of Engineering and technology, Hyderabad.
- Bharat Pasam started his own startup named FORTE9 which is based on student academia to assist students and young professionals find the right place to communicate with industry professionals.
- Vishal Kumar is co-founder of FORTE9 which is based on student academia to assist students and young professionals find the right place to communicate with industry professionals.