CODE OF CONDUCT OF STUDENTS
It shall be the responsibility of the students of KGRCET to
- Be familiar with and adhere to this Code and any amendment brought to this Code.
- Behave in a dignified and courteous manner and show due respect to the authorities, employees, elders and fellow students.
- Access all educational opportunities and facilities available in the college and make good use of them to benefit academically and develop scientific temper.
- Respect the laws of the country and human rights and conduct in a responsible and dignified manner at all times .
BEHAVIOUR & CONDUCT OF THE STUDENT IN THE CAMPUS
- Students are expected to be in the classroom by 8.55 am. Only 5 minutes of grace time can be given. No student will be allowed to enter into the campus after 10 am. Students are not permitted to enter the class after the commencement of the class and leave before it ends.
- Students should not leave the campus during working hours (between 9:00 am and 4:15 pm). Students may be permitted to leave the campus only in exceptional circumstances with the prior permission of the Head of the Department concerned and the Principal only. Gate pass will be issued only after the authorization of the Principal.
- Students must wear neat and clean formal dress. Wearing of jeans, T-shirts and sandals is not permitted. Identity Card is to be worn around at all times.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the classrooms, labs, workshops, library, computer labs, offices and seminar halls.
- All the interpersonal communication within the campus must be in English only.
- If any teacher does not report to the class for any reason, the CR is to contact the HOD/Dean Academics for necessary alternative arrangements.
- Students are not to be seen on the corridors or anywhere also, outside classrooms/labs without a letter of permission. Free time may be utilized in Library, Digital Library, Language Lab, Sports Lounge, etc.
- Students are encouraged to actively participate in all academic and extracurricular activities like seminars, workshops, clubs, technical fests, sports, College Day and National festivals and use them to develop their technical and soft skills.
- Students are expected to develop manners, self-discipline and integrity and groom themselves to be responsible engineers of the country.
- Students should not indulge in ragging of any form on the campus or off the campus.
RULES FOR STUDENTS
Students are advised and expected to
- Be punctual for all the activities.
- Be regular for the classes, labs, workshops and examinations.
- Greet their faculty and seniors.
- Express themselves appropriately without the use of profane language or offensive gestures.
- Respect the safety of others by not bringing real or imitation weapons to college or to the hostel.
- Avoid indulging in loose talk or spreading rumors on campus.
- Refrain from sitting in places such as parapets, stairs, footpaths, etc.
- Wear Identity cards while on the campus.
- Keep away from possession or consumption of chewing gum, narcotic drugs, tobacco, alcohol and other intoxicating substances which are strictly prohibited by law.
- Do not indulge in anti-institutional, anti-social, anti-national, communal, indecent, immoral or political activities within the campus and hostels.
- Do not organize, attend or participate in any activity or agitation sponsored by political or religious organizations.
- Do not respond to any form of strike, procession or agitation including slogan shouting or boycott of activities.
- Take prior approval and permission of the Principal before undertaking any educational/recreational tours or industrial visits.
- Avoid coming to the college in their personal vehicles. Vehicles should be parked in the designated parking space only. Rash or negligent driving of vehicles, blowing of horns and riding with more than one pillion rider is prohibited.
- Report promptly any unauthorized entry of outsiders into the campus as well as in the hostels.