CODE OF CONDUCT FOR SUPPORTING STAFF
Non-teaching employees and volunteers in college are committed to the following values: Loyalty, Integrity, Dignity, Responsibility, Respect, Justice and Care.
SUPPORTING STAFF DEMONSTRATE LOYALTY BY:
- Modeling and supporting commitment to the faith, and lifestyle values
- Being punctual and conscientious in all duties
- Dressing and behaving in a manner consistent with the standards expected by the college where we work
- Advocating a drug and alcohol free lifestyle
- Speaking supportively of the college where we work.
SUPPORTING STAFF DEMONSTRATE INTEGRITY-BY:
- Being honest in words and actions
- Acting within the law
- Creating and maintaining appropriate relationships. This includes:
- Interactions with students
- Notifying the Principal immediately if there is reasonable cause to suspect that a student is being harmed or is likely to be harmed
- Maintaining professional boundaries
- Being fair and impartial.
SUPPORTING STAFF DEMONSTRATE DIGNITY-BY:
- Respecting diversity, treating students with care and compassion, respecting that each person has a unique family environment
- Valuing each student without making comparisons with other students
- Being supportive of other staff members.
SUPPORTING STAFF DEMONSTRATE RESPONSIBILITY-BY:
- Meeting the required standards for every task
- Collaborating and cooperating with colleagues and administrators.
SUPPORTING STAFF DEMONSTRATE RESPECT BY:
- Showing mutual respect, trust and confidentiality
- Providing positive support for others.
SUPPORTING STAFF DEMONSTRATE JUSTICE BY:
- Being fair and reasonable at all times
- Being committed to the wellbeing of individuals, the wider community and the common good of all people.
SUPPORTING STAFF DEMONSTRATE CARE BY:
- Being a positive influence and exercising sound judgment
- Showing care and compassion in all relationships
- Paying careful attention to our duty of care to others