About NSS In KGRCET:
The main aim of conducting National Service Scheme program in KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology is to create Personality Development through Community Service. This program is to motivate and encourage, the social welfare thoughts in the students and to provide service to the society without any prejudice. NSS volunteers are dedicated to this work to ensure that every one in our society who is needy gets the every possible help from them so that they can also enhance their standards and lead a life of dignity in the society with all of us. In doing so the volunteers themselves learn a lot like how to struggle and how to lead a happy life in the extreme scarcity of resources and so on.
The main objectives of NSS are
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony
The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person’s point of view and also show consideration for fellow human beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrine in this motto, which underlines/on the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
The symbol for the NSS has been based on the giant Rath Wheel of the world famous Konark Sun Temple (The Black Pagoda) situated in Orissa, India. The wheel portrays the cycle of creation, preservation and release and signifies the movement in life across time and space. The symbol thus stands for continuity as well as change and implies the continuous striving of NSS for social change.
The NSS Symbol is embossed on the badge. The eight bars in the wheel represent the 24 hours of a day. The red colour indicates that the volunteer is full of young blood that is lively, active, energetic and full of high spirit. The navy blue colour indicates the cosmos of which the NSS is tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
NSS was formally launched on 24th September 1969, the birth centenary year of the Father of the Nation. Therefore, 24 September is celebrated every year as NSS Day with appropriate programmes and activities.
During Silver Jubilee Year the NSS theme song has been composed. All NSS volunteers are expected to learn the theme song and sing the song during NSS events.
Mr. M Rathna Chary – NSS PROGRAM OFFICER
- Mr. M Rathna Chary, working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil, KG REDDY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY post graduated in the specialization of Structural Engineering.
- He has taken charge of NSS program officer in the year 2019. He has conducted various NSS activities like Haritha Haram, Swachh Bharath and he has participated Five Days FDP in ARISTOTLE/KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology on” UBA-Rural Immersion & Community Engagement” Under Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education.
Ms. Poonam Ganesh Swami – OSD FOR NSS PROGRAM
- Ms. Poonam Ganesh Swami, working as Assistant Professor in the Department of ECE, KG REDDY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY post graduated in the specialization of Digital Communication.
|S No||Name of the Member||Position||Department||Phone No|
|1||Dr. R S Jahagirdar||Chairman||ME (Principal)||8978991991|
|2||Mr. M Rathna Chary||Program Officer||CIVIL||7799411141|
|3||Mr. P Ramesh||Additional Program Officer||ECE||9553868196|
|4||Ms. Poonam Swami||Coordinator & OSD||ECE||9763721665|
|5||Mr. B Lingam||Dept. Coordinator||EEE||9440787910|
|6||Mr. Sharan Kumar Patil||Dept. Coordinator||ME||9900150777|
|7||Mrs. Sophia Lawrence||Dept. Coordinator||H&S||8179278846|
|8||Mr. Mantesh Patil||Dept. Coordinator||CSE||8555812013|
|9||Pooja Shreni||Student Member||CSE||8184886606|
|11||B Mahesh||Student Member||EEE||9133534165|
Click her for Report :Kill Cancer Programme
from 04-11-2019 to 17-11-2019
from 21-09-2019 to 24-09-2019
Pledge on Tobacco Free Society on 07.12.2019
Workshop on Wash Volunteerism on 28.11.2019
Fist Full of Rice
from 04-11-2019 to 17-11-2019
NSS mega Gandhi Jayanthi youth conclave on 02.10.2019
Golden jubilee celebration at CMR from 21-09-2019 to 24-09-2019
Election commission programme at Osmania University on 20.09.2019
Eye checkup camp
State Level Camp- Telangaku Haritha Haram from 30.08.2019 to 05.09.2019
Teachers day on 05.09.2019