CANTEEN STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE
- To provide delicious and healthy food at affordable price for both staff and students.
- To ensure cleanliness in the premises by cleaning the tables, counters and sinks at regular intervals.
- To trash the left-over’s of the food and not to serve stale food by reheating.
Canteen In charge:
The canteen is outsourced to the third party where it is under the continuous supervision of the canteen committee. The committee takes regular suggestions from students and staff to improve the service.
Canteen Committee :
The canteen committee is headed by the Principal where the HODs of all the departments and members of the student council are a part of it. The committee members are involved in reviewing the process regularly which helps in proper maintenance and see to that things are implemented in a proper manner.
Duration the Canteen Committee :
The committee will be functional for a period of one year and it will be at the disbursement of the principal to elect a new committee.
Responsibilities of the committee members :
- To maintain a menu of the list of items to be sold along with their prices.
- To see to that no student will be allowed into the canteen during the class hours.
- To ensure safe working conditions for the staff of the canteen.
- To check the quality of raw materials that are used in the cooking process.
- To make decisions on the items that are to be sold in the canteen and approve the sale prices of new items.
- To establish the required profit margin and curb the high prices.
- To maintain legislative standards of hygiene safety and health care in relation to the preparation, supply and service of food in the canteen.
The menu includes basically South Indian food (Idli, Vada, Dosa, Puri in the breakfast, south Indian thali for lunch), Chinese food (fried rice, Noodles, Manchuria), beverages (Tea, Coffee, Cold drinks, and packaged Fruit drink), seasonal fresh fruit juices and snacks (Samosas, Puffs, Biscuits and Chocolates) as regular salable food items.