STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP) FOR SPORTS CENTER
To promote and improve physical fitness in students and to motivate them to participate at district, state and national level in various sports competitions. To build students interpersonal skills through indoor and outdoor sports activities/competitions.
KG Reddy College of Engineering & Technology (KGRCET) provides sports material, Sports Centre for use by students and staff of the College.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (S.O.P.) CONDITIONS TO USE SPORTS CENTER
Each user group must advise the KGRCET Physical director who is in charge and responsible for the sports centre.
Only approved equipment may be used in the building and the Sports Committee reserves the right to refuse equipment considered unsuitable.
The Sports Committee reserves the right to refuse admission to any person refusing to comply with the regulations or misbehaving in a way that may cause danger or annoyance to other customers.
Individuals will be held responsible for any damage caused to the building property during their hire.
KGRCET shall not be held responsible for any personal injury or loss of personal property during their time in the building.
A “No Smoking” policy operates throughout the College site.
No food or drink shall be consumed in the sports room or in the changing rooms.
The students shall not use the facilities for any purposes other than that specified on the application form; neither shall the student sublet the benefit of any permission to use the facilities.
The student shall ensure that the facilities and equipment used are left in a clean, tidy and orderly condition at the end of the period of use.
The students and Physical Director shall ensure that all areas are cleared before locking the college gates.
The students shall ensure that the follow the rules and the regulation for the safety of members of the College and all the other users of the sports centre.
A sports centre physical director will usually be available from 9:00AM – 07:00PM to assist the smooth running of the centre.
The person in charge should be present at all times whilst the group are using the facilities.
Before leaving, each group shall ensure that sports kits are returned to appropriate storage points.
- Ensure the safe opening and closure of the centre.
- Respond to any emergencies in accordance to our procedures.
- Address any behaviour or sports related issues immediately.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the sports centre.
- Physical Director is responsible and is the only one authorised to open and close the sports centre.
- Any damage or deficiency is to beplease report to the Sports Centre Physical Director
Setting Up and Setting Down of equipment
All equipment must only be set up / set down by Physical Director. Appropriate care must be taken when setting up or setting down of equipment, to reduce the risk of injuries. Appropriate footwear must be worn.
Please follow set up and set down procedure:
- Be aware of
surroundings (low ceilings, light fittings, etc)
- Move equipment carefully from storage area
- Place equipment in correct position
- Ensure that the safety procedures are followed when setting up equipment, taking care not to trap fingers, hands or feet
- Set-up using assistance if required (i.e. Soccer goals)
- Ensure that equipment is set up correctly and all safety measures are followed (i.e. Goals are fixed to the wall)
- Students must enter the receiving list of equipment in the authorized register.
- Be aware of surroundings when putting equipment away (low ceilings, light fittings ,etc)
- Ensure that the safety procedures are followed when taking down equipment, taking care not to trap fingers, hands or feet
- Set down equipment using assistance if required (i.e. Soccer goals)
- Move equipment carefully back to storage area
- Ensure that it has been left in the correct position and in good working order
- Report any defective parts to the Director of Sports.
- Students must return utilized sports material to physical director and enclose in register.
Any lost property left in the sports centre must be recorded and logged. All details are to be recorded on the lost property sheet.
Safety and First Aid
Emergency equipment comprises First Aid Kit box located with Physical Director.
In the interest of hygiene and safety, all users of the sports centre shall comply with the regulations
Regulations for the Safety of Members of the College and all the other users of the Sports Center
The Sports Centre is used by various students at any one time and these rules are provided for the safety of all users.
1. No child under the age of 16 years shall be admitted or allowed to remain on the premises unless accompanied by an adult member.
2. No outdoor footwear shall be worn in the sports halls.
3. Anyone abusing the facilities or causing malicious or unnecessary disturbance shall be asked to leave and will be excluded from the centre.