KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology has established the Centre for Engineering Education Development (CEED) to encourage and foster innovations in teaching and learning. In alignment with the institution’s vision of New Age Engineering, CEED works with the faculty in the institution through capacity building initiatives to help implement student-centric teaching methodologies in their classrooms. CEED regularly organizes faculty development program on different topics to improve the awareness and knowledge of evidence-based pedagogical approaches among the faculty.
CEED at KGRCET is comprised to faculty from different departments who work together to design and facilitate faculty development programs. CEED organizes a faculty development program at the start of every semester for new faculty joining the institution. The program while being majorly centered around the “Design and Implementation of Student-Centered Learning” also incorporates sessions on additional topics such as Mentoring Students, Ethical Practices in Classroom, Classroom Management etc. CEED also conducts workshops for faculty in the institution throughout the semester to help develop their expertise in teaching and learning. Below are lists of workshops conducted during the semester.
- Blooms Taxonomy: Levels of Learning, Identifying the levels for the topics, designing the course outcomes using blooms taxonomy.
- Student Centered learning: Active learning methods, Learning Styles, Managing large classrooms, Collaborative learning.
- Effective Assessment: Principles of assessment, Designing formative and summative assessments, creating rubrics
- Technology-Enhanced Learning: Integrating technology in classroom, Flipped classroom, Creating course website, online courses.
- Creating Teaching Philosophy and Teaching portfolio.
- Outcome-Based Education: Designing program-specific outcomes (PSOs), program outcomes (POs) and mapping them to the course outcomes (COs).
Another objective of CEED is to help build expertise among faculty to document and publish papers focused on Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL). Faculty who are implementing innovative pedagogical practices are encouraged to measure the impact on students’ learning and share their work by publishing papers in engineering education conferences and journals. To help faculty write good quality papers, CEED conducts paper review sessions every week to discuss about papers published in premier journals. Through the paper review sessions, CEED tries to help faculty analyze how papers are written in education focused journal papers as compared to traditional engineering journals. Members of CEED and interested faculty regularly review papers from the following journals.
- International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (IJ-SoTL)
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Journal on Excellence in College Teaching
- Teaching and Learning Inquiry
- International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy
- International Journal of Service Learning in Engineering (IJSLE)
- Journal of Engineering Education Transformations
Through the initiatives of CEED, faculty members at KGRCET are able to implement active and collaborative (student-centric) teaching methodologies in their classroom. Few faculty members have transformed their courses to a blended format by developing course websites to enable students’ learning outside of the classroom. CEED aims to continue helping faculty build knowledge and skills on how to better teach engineering courses and help students achieve the intended learning outcomes.
To promote research and facilitate best practices in engineering education to improve student’s learning.
- Foster an environment in the institution to encourage innovation in teaching, learning and assessment methodologies in the classroom.
- Facilitate research in engineering pedagogy and publish the research work.
- Keep faculty members updated with the best practices in teaching, learning and assessment in engineering education through training, attending conferences and workshops.
- Connect with international experts in the field of engineering education
- Conduct outreach activities such as trainings, workshops and conferences
- Support educators in their pursuit of excellence through effective use of technology
|1||Mrs Tuti Sandhya||Head||ECE|
|2||Dr M Madulitha||Member||H & S|
|3||Mrs M Jyothi||Member||CSE|
|4||Ms K Himabindu||Member||CE|
|6||Mr K Santhosh||Member||MBA|
|1||Reviewer for ICTIEE Conference||Mr khamruddin Syed||2017, 2018, 2020 & 2021|
|Mrs A Deepika|
|Mrs R Himasagarika|
|Mrs Tuti Sandhya|
|2||Reviewer for Journal for Engineering Education Transformations||Mr khamruddin Syed||2017 to Till Now|
|Mrs Tuti Sandhya|
|3||Reviewer for ICL/WEEF||Mrs Tuti Sandhya||2014 to Till Now|
|4||Faculty Excellence Award on 05th September 2021 from Ed & Immigo Consultancy||Mrs Tuti Sandhya||2021|
|5||International Engineering Educator Certification Program of 6 Months-IGIP/IUCEE||Mr khamruddin Syed||2015 and 2022|
|Mrs Tuti Sandhya|
|Mrs K Udayasri|
|Mrs R Hima Sagarika|
|Dr Madhulita Sundaryan|
|6||Selected as IUCEE Facilitator||Mrs Tuti Sandhya||2019|
|7||Outstanding Engineering Educator||Mr khamruddin Syed||2017|
|8||Received Title “Ing.Paed.IGIP”||Mrs Tuti Sandhya||2017|
|9||Selected as faculty for IIEECP Certification Program||Mr khamruddin Syed||2016|
|10||Top Social Learner Award||Mrs Tuti Sandhya||2015|
|11||“Project GENTLE” Award by Inpods||Mrs Tuti Sandhya||2015|
|Mrs L Vishaka|
|12||Microsoft Engineering Educator||Mr khamruddin Syed||2015|
|13||Best Faculty Award||Mrs Tuti Sandhya||2014|
Faculty Development Programs:
- Teaching engineering courses through student-centered learning
- Design and implementation of engineering courses using project and problem-based learning
- Enhancing learning through technology
- Curriculum development and assessment of through Outcome-based education
- Investigating classroom teaching through action research
- Faculty development programs
- Bi-monthly faculty reflection meets to discuss best practices
- Annual KGR teaching and learning symposium to share best practices
KGR Approach to Disseminate Innovative T&P Practices
- Syed, K.; Kandakatla, R.; Madhulita, Yadav, R.; Himasagarika, R..Responding to COVID-19 and transitioning to online learning: Evaluation of an institution wide capacity building efforts on technology-enhanced learning-Journal of Engineering Education Transformations ; 34(Special Issue):620-627, 2021.
- A. Deepika, Rohit Kandakatla , A. Saida , Vijaya Bhasker Reddy-Implementation of ICAP Principles through Technology Tools: Exploring the Alignment between Pedagogy and Technology-Journal of Engineering Education Transformations ; 34(Special Issue):542-549, 2021.
- Rayapudi Hima Sagarika , Rohit Kandakatla , Ashwini Gulhane Role of Learning Analytics to Evaluate Formative Assessments: Using a Data Driven Approach to Inform Changes in Teaching Practices-Journal of Engineering Education Transformations ; 34(Special Issue):550-556, 2021.
- Radhika Amashi , Gopalkrishna Joshi , Rohit Kandakatla The Influence of Sustainable Development Module on the Values and Beliefs of First-Year Students in Undergraduate Engineering Education, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations ; 34(Special Issue):98-103, 2021.
- Madhu Asundi , Rohit Kandakatla , Gopalkrishna Joshi Impact of Modelling and Simulation in Solving Complex Problems in First Year Engineering Course Journal of Engineering Education Transformations ; 34(Special Issue):180-185, 2021.
- Ujwala Patil *, Preeti S. Pillai , Shraddha B. Hiremath , Raghavendra M. Shet , Rohit K. , Nalini C. Iyer Experiential Learning Framework for Signals and Systems: An Attempt Towards Reaching Higher Levels of Cognition Journal of Engineering Education Transformations ; 34(Special Issue):659-665, 2021.
- Rohit Kandakatla Edward J. Berger , Jeffrey F. Rhoads, Jennifer DeBoer Purdue University, West Lafayette, Student Perspectives on the Learning Resources in an Active, Blended and Collaborative (ABC) Pedagogical Environment -iJEP ‒ Vol. 10, No. 2, 2020
- Syedkhamruddin , Rohit Kandakatla- Improving Teaching Process Through TechnologyEnhanced Instruction for Electrical Machines Course Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Volume 33, January 2020, Special issue, eISSN 2394-1707
- R. Hima Sagarika, Syedkhamruddin Experiencing the Essence of Learning Database Management System Course using C-map Tool ,Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Volume 33, January 2020, Special issue, eISSN 2394-1707
- Video coding of classroom observations for research and instructional support in an innovative learning environmentDavid Evenhouse ,Austin Zadoks,Claudio Cesar Silva de Freitas,Nimit Patel,Rohit Kandakatla,Nick Stites,Taylor Prebel,Edward Berger ,Charles Krousgrill,Jeffrey F. Rhoads &Jennifer DeBoer Pages 95-105, Australasian Journal of Engineering Education Volume 23,2018-Issue 2
- Yuqin Duan, Edward Berger ,Rohit Kandakatla ,Jennifer DeBoer,Nick Stites ,Jeffrey F. Rhoads :The Relationship Between Demographic Characteristics and Engagement in an Undergraduate Engineering Online Forum,Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, San Jose CA, October 2018
- M. Rambabu , N. Ramana , M. Sadanandam An Active and Collaborative Learning Practice through Mind Mapping Using Jigsaw Activity of Class Room Based Interaction in Engineering Education Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, 2018, Volume: 31, Issue: Special Issue, Pages:
- Rohit Kandakatla; Ruth A. Streveler; Juan D. Ortega-Alvarez; Karl Smith Faculty Apprentice as a Mentorship Model for Engineering Graduate Students interested in Teaching 2018 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE)
- Rohit Kandakatla, Angela Goldenstein, D. Evenhouse, E. Berger, J. Rhoads, Jennifer DeBoer MEERCat: A Case Study of How Faculty-led Research Initiatives Gave Rise to a Cross-departmental Research Center with Potential to Inform Local Policy c American Society for Engineering Education, 2018
- Tuti Sandhya, Active Learning Skills to Improve Teaching Learning Process” at International Journal of Advance Technology in Engineering & Science (IJATES, ISSN- 2348-7550), Vol.No.5, Issue No.3, and March-2017
- K. Sudheer Kumar , Khamruddin Syed Conceptualization of Data Structures Course using Visualization Techniques-A Case Study Journal of Engineering Education Transformations,Volume: 30, Issue: 4, Pages: 34-39,2017
- Khamruddin Syed , Anusha Kurapati Enhancing Teaching Learning and OBE Process through CEED in Collaboration with iGurukuls Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Volume: 30, Issue: 3, Pages: 235-240, 2017
- Anusha Kurapati , Khamruddin Syed Importance and Scope of Implementing Project Based Learning in Tier-II Engineering Colleges,Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, 2017, Volume: 30, Issue: 3, Pages: 265-271
- Tuti Sandhya, P Anusha “Improving Teaching Learning Process through collaborative Activities in classroom at KGRCET” 2017, which is published online in JEET.
- Tuti Sandhya, P Anusha “An initiative to the Project based learning at KGRCET: as a part of active learning methodologies” 2017, which is Published in Journal of Engineering Education
- S. Anusha , N. Swetha Reddy Incorporating Student Voice in the Transformation Process, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations Volume: 30, Issue: Special Issue, 2016
- Tuti Sandhya“Engineering Education Transformations”, Special Issue, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations eISSN 2394-1707.
- Tuti Sandhya , Rohit Kandakatla, Syed Khamruddin “Improving Teaching Learning Process through Establishment of CEED” Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Volume, No, Month 2015, ISSN 2349-2473, eISSN 2394-1707.
- David Evenhouse,Rohit Kandakatla,Nick Stites,Nimit Patel What does an In-Class Meeting Entail? A Characterization and Assessment of Instructor Actions in an Active, Blended, and Collaborative Classroom June 2017 Conference: 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition
- Rohit Kandakatla, Soujanya Reddy Increasing the Understanding of Engineering Education for Freshmen Journal of Engineering Education Transformations Year: 2015, Volume: 28, Issue: 2-3, Pages: 51-55
- S. Anusha *, N. Swetha Reddy Social Learning in Engineering Education Journal of Engineering Education Transformations Year: 2015, Volume: 28, Issue: Special Issue, Pages: 292-294
- Tuti Sandhya, G Praveen Kumar “Gesture to Voice Conversion for Speech and Hearing-Impaired Disabilities” at International Journal of Science Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJSEAT, ISSN-2321-6905), Vol.No.3, Issue No.7, Page No.290-292 and July-2015.
- Tuti Sandhya, P Anusha “The Essence of Effective Presentation Skills in Engineering Education “at World Engineering Education Forum-2014, Dubai on December 4, 2014, published in the proceedings of the 17th international conference on interactive collaborative learning, and indexed in IEEE Explore.
Mrs. Tuti Sandhya