B. Tech in Artificial intelligence & Machine Learning is an undergraduate programme with advanced learning solutions imparting knowledge of advanced innovations like machine learning, often called deep learning and artificial intelligence.
This specialization is designed to enable students to build intelligent machines, software, or applications with a cutting-edge combination of machine learning, analytics and visualization technologies. The main goal of artificial intelligence (AI) learning is to program computers to use example data or experience to solve a given problem. Many successful applications based on machine learning exist already, including systems that analyze past sales data to predict customer behavior (financial management), recognize faces or spoken speech, optimize robot behavior so that a task can be completed using minimum resources, and extract knowledge from bioinformatics data.
This programme discusses AI methods based in different fields, including neural networks, signal processing, control, and data mining, in order to present a unified treatment of machine learning problems and solutions.
- To be recognized as a department of excellence by stimulating a learning environment in which students and faculty will thrive and grow to achieve their professional, institutional and societal goals.
To provide high quality technical education to students that will enable life-long learning and build expertise in advanced technologies in Computer Science and Engineering.
To promote research and development by providing opportunities to solve complex engineering problems in collaboration with industry and government agencies.
To encourage professional development of students that will inculcate ethical values and leadership skills while working with the community to address societal issues.
- PO I: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO II: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO III: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- PO IV: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO V: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO VI: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO VII: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO VIII: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO IX: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO X: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO XI: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO XII: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: Graduates will provide solutions to difficult and challenging issues in their profession by applying computer science and engineering theory and principles.
- PEO 2: Graduates have successful careers in computer science and engineering fields or will be able to successfully pursue advanced degrees.
- PEO 3: Graduates will communicate effectively, work collaboratively and exhibit high levels of professionalism, moral and ethical responsibility.
- PEO 4: Graduates will develop the ability to understand and analyse engineering issues in a broader perspective with ethical responsibility towards sustainable development.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Problem Solving Skills – Graduate will be able to apply computational techniques and software principles to solve complex engineering problems pertaining to software engineering.
- PSO 2: Professional Skills – Graduate will be able to think critically, communicate effectively, and collaborate in teams through participation in co and extra-curricular activities.
- PSO 3: Successful Career – Graduates will possess a solid foundation in computer science and engineering that will enable them to grow in their profession and pursue lifelong learning through post-graduation and professional development.
Today in the real world, many successful applications have been developed based on artificial intelligence and Machine learning. Applications that use AI and ML in our everyday lives are like Google Maps, Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Carpooling services like Uber , Ola, Music apps like Wynk and Spotify, Smart Personal Assistants like Alexa, Social media Apps like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Movie Recommendations & Video Games.
The CSE with AI & ML specialization covers Linear algebra, statistics, foundations of artificial intelligence, formal concepts and models, natural language processing, artificial neural networks, machine learning, soft computing tools and deep learning, Internet of things, computer vision systems, and intelligent agents.
Graduates in CSE-AI& ML find jobs as Machine Learning Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Big Data & AI Architect, Big Data Scientist, Artificial Intelligence Engineer, Research Engineer – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Architect, Research Engineer – Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineer & IoT Architect, Data and AI Consultant & Robotics Professional.
- More than 80% Placement rate for students in reputed MNCs with good pay packages.
- Nearly 70% of IV Year B.Tech students pursue Internships in reputed MNC’s.
- 09MoUs’ with reputed Industries, Organizations and Institutions for Academic and Research collaborations.
- Students were published papers in reputed journals of their project works
NPTEL Course certified Faculty
|Faculty Name||Course & Certificate|
|Mr. N Srinivas||Theory of Computation|
|Mr. C Ramakrishna||Introduction to Internet of Things|
|Mrs. Ashwini Gulhane||Computer Networks|
|1||#OpenGovDataHack conducted in New Delhi on 01/11/2018 CSE Final Year Students Stood as Finalists|
|Student Name||Roll No||Name of The Event||Date||Conducted By||Location|
|B.Chaitanya Kumar||13QM1A0504||HCU Project||15 July, 2016||HCU||Hyderabad Central University|
|B.Chaitanya Kumar||13QM1A0504||HCU Project||15 July, 2016||HCU||Hyderabad Central University|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||HCU Project||15 July, 2016||HCU||Hyderabad Central University|
|T.Ashwini Kumar||13QM1A0540||HCU Project||15 July, 2016||HCU||Hyderabad Central University|
|B.B.T.S.Mrunalini||14QM1A0510||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|>K.Kaushik||13QM1A0512||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|D.Hima Bindu||14QM1A0521||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|K.Prathyusha||14QM1A0542||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|B.Sravya||14QM1A0509||Youth Seminar||10-11 December, 2015||Teri||JNTUH, Hyderabad|
|B.Namesh||13QM1A0505||NCC||01-29 January, 2013||G.O.I||New Delhi|
|B.Namesh||13QM1A0505||NCC||30 April, 2013||G.O.I||Secunderabad|
|B.Namesh||13QM1A0505||NCC||29 August, 2012||G.O.I||Secunderabad|
|B.Namesh||13QM1A0505||Army Attachment Camp||9–19, September 2011||G.O.I||Secunderabad|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Android Mobile App Development||2-4, September 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Paper Presentation||25-27, February 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Dev Campus||25-27, February 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Electro Pedia||6-8, March 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|M.Vaishnavi||13QM1A0515||Ethical Hacking||2 -23, August 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Android Mobile App Developement||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Ethical Hacking||22-23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Dev Campus||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|P.Ramu||13QM1A0523||Electro Pedia||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Dev Campus||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Chess Event||23-24 January, 2015||VJIT||Hyderabad|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Paper Presentation||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Android Mobile App Developement||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Ethical Hacking||22 -23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|T.Ashwin Kumar||13QM1A0540||Chess Event||2011||G.Narayanamma High School||Hyderabad|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||Ethical Hacking||22 -23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||NSS||10 September, 2015||KGRCET||Hyderabad|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||Android Mobile App Developement||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||Dev Campus||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|P.Aditya Sai Kanth||13QM1A0524||Blood Donate||21 October, 2013||Janani Voluntary Blood Bank||Hyderabad|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Ethical Hacking||22 -23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Dev Campus||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Paper Presentation||25-27 February, 2015||Talentine 2015||KGRCET|
|P.Mounika||13QM1A0522||Android Mobile App Developement||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Techno Bud||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Throw Ball||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Paper Presentation||2014||Vasavi College||HYD|
|V.S.Niharika||13QM1A0544||Ethical Hacking||22-23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|U.Sarika||13QR1A0507||Idea Presentation||2014||Kite College||HYD|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||Techno Bud||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||Android Mobile App Development||2-4 September, 2015||Coign||KGRCET|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||Electro Pedia||6-8 March, 2014||Talentine 2014||KGRCET|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||Ethical Hacking||22 -23 August, 2014||Web Shiksha||KGRCET|
|T.Haenok||13QM1A0539||PAPER PRESENTATION||25-27 February, 2015||TALENTINE 2015||KGRCET|
|T. Haenok||13QM1A0539||ELECTRO PEDIA||25-27 February, 2015||TALENTINE 2015||KGRCET|
MoUs are signed by the department/Institution with Academia or Industry for Academic, Research and student training. Currently department has MoUs with 9 different agencies/organizations and details are as follows:
- Andura Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Pactolus Edutech Pvt. Ltd.
- Kalinga Software Pvt. Ltd.
- Bias IT Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
- Advit Software & Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Sesillis Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- ScrapQ IT Hub Pvt. Ltd.
- Syscon Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Bomotix Pvt. Ltd.
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Object Oriented Programming(C++) Lab
- Data Structures LAB
- Data Base Management Systems lab
- Operating Systems Lab
- JAVA PROGRAMMING LAB
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Computer Networks Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Cryptography and Network Security Lab
- Web Technologies lab
- Data Mining Lab
- Python Programming Lab
- Internet of Things Lab
Courses in Computer Science and Engineering vary greatly in nature. Some are studied online, and some are presented in a classroom. Many courses lead to a certificate at their completion, which can be helpful when looking for a job. Whether students are new to the world of information technology, or are seeking to advance in your existing career, completing a course can only enhance student’s options. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) professionals may select from a wide variety of non-degree computer science certifications to demonstrate their competence in a specialty, learn valuable skills, and advance their careers. A computer science and engineering certification validates a professional’s technical knowledge and experience with specific products, methods, or practices. Roles within the computer science industry that may require certification include systems engineer, security manager, network administrator, software developer, and project manager. Because these high-paying roles involve using technical expertise to manage and protect essential operations and sensitive data, employers value — and often require — proven credentials.
Computer science certifications ask candidates to pass one or more tests. In preparing to pass these credentialing exams, professionals gain and practice certain skills. Many professionals value the process of preparing for these tests since they gain knowledge they can apply in their jobs and use to advance their careers. This course is a forum to bring together students to discuss innovative ideas and diverse topics of this course on next generation of information technologies. Department has taken a new step for students to improve the quality of study through this course and become most wide scale , extensive, spectacular event in computer science engineering.
Objective of Certificate Course
In the field of Computer Science and Engineering, a student’s set of skills must constantly be updated and expanded. Programming languages fluctuate in popularity from year to year, and new advances are made in networking and security technology. The completion of a short course or certificate program demonstrates knowledge of the latest tools and concepts, and can lend a distinct advantage in a competitive job market. Computer Science and Engineering courses are offered at KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology. It is easy to find appropriate courses in area of interest. Students can choose from specialized topics including programming languages, networking, computer security, and multimedia development, Artificial Intelligent, cloud computing, Machine Learning etc. These courses of study can often be taken individually; other times, they are offered in conjunction with a degree program.
Scope of the Course
Depending upon the interest the career in IT can be chosen. Those who love programming and coding can do software engineering and those who prefer networking and system administration, can do hardware engineering. IT sector is quite broad in terms of employment and job options. Roles are varieties for Computer engineers in IT sector, but their primary role is to apply the knowledge of mathematics and science to design and develop software to be used by clients or users. There are network engineers, system management professionals besides the computer engineers. Computer software engineers have bright career prospects as the application of software and dependency on it in various walks of life are increasing. After completion of certificate course, they can gain much more knowledge based on latest technology which are available in IT sector. Thus it helps to them to make their bright carrier in different directions such as (a) an software engineer, (b) Researcher, (c) great academician, (d) make own software industry, (e) system administration etc.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||No. of Students Appeared Examination||No. of Students Passed||Academic Year|
|1||Advanced C Programming||20-07-19 to
|2||Internet of Things (IOT)||11-02-2019 to
|2||Microsoft Technical Associate Database Fundamentals (MTA DBF)||27-08-18 to
|4||Web Design||15-02-18 to
|5||Cloud Computing & Security||08-01-18 to
|6||Database Programming with SQL||30-10-17 to
Value Added Course
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is organizing the value-added courses to all the students at every semester during their regular course. These courses are offered by the department to provide additional skills and to incorporate industry-oriented training for students. These courses will be delivered as hands on training and will not be conducted in regular class room mode. This would help the students to acquire practical knowledge on latest technology and tools. These courses shall be offered for minimum of 30 theories and practical hours’ duration in every semester. This course will be offered fully or partly at our institution, industry and R&D labs by faculty members of KGRCET, experts from industries and R&D establishments. Every Student should opt for minimum of four ‘one credit’ courses in addition to the prescribed curriculum.
Objective of Value-Added Course
The objective of this course is to equip the students in current technologies and also to reduce the gap between academic and industry. The main objectives of the course are:
- To provide students an understanding of the expectations of industry.
- To improve employability skills of students
- To bridge the skill gaps and make students industry ready.
- To provide an opportunity to students to develop inter-disciplinary skills.
Scope of the Course
After getting this course, computer engineers can get jobs in non-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial organizations and the manufacturing sector, etc. Besides the Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as programmer, web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies, etc. can be a lucrative career option as well. Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||Academic Year|
|1||Fundamentals of Python Programming||19-08-19
|2||Deep Neural Network||11-03-19 to
|3||Machine Learning and Artificial Neural Network||22-02-19 to
|4||Web Development using Python on DJango||28-01-19 to
|5||Python on Conda Environment||12-03-18 to
|6||Big Data using Hadoop||27-02-18 to
- Creating Course Website in CANVAS
- Recorded Lecture
- Project Expos