Department of Management Studies is one of the vital departments in KGRCET that offers a two-year full time post-graduate (MBA) programme designed for graduates who wish to pursue their careers in Management.
The objective of this programme is to develop young aspirants into competent professional managers and bridge the gap in the industry by providing quality management professionals with strong technical skills and an acumen for managing a business, thus meeting the expectations of modern technology based industries. The Department of Management Studies enables students to acquire conceptual and interpersonal skills and tries to instill a sense of social purpose for managerial decision-making. It develops leadership capabilities in students by practicing a collaborative approach that involves inputs from various departments which gives the benefit of wider view and deeper understanding among them. This deep learning develops students and encourages them to act as change agents in organizations where they work. The Department of Management Studies of K G Reddy College of Engineering and Technology (KGRCET) offers a two year full time Master of Business Administration (MBA) Programme with around 60 students, with the approval of AICTE and affiliated to the JNTU, Hyderabad. The programme of this MBA College in Hyderabad comprises 4 Semesters. This programme aims to build managerial competence with a blend of theoretical foundation in Management and practical cases that enhance students to perform as effective managers and enable them to shoulder greater responsibilities as they move up the hierarchy.
We at KGRCET – the best MBA College in Hyderabad, nurture the desire to excel in performance without compromising on integrity, honesty and integrity are a part of pedagogical methods. These tools help students to develop themselves into top-quality decision makers through conceptual foundations, interpersonal skills and social skills. The students learn to think through managerial issues and are enabled to make decisions in complex, less-structured situations in holistic and multi-disciplinary perspectives to generate and evaluate alternatives and arrive at innovative solutions. Pedagogical methods such as In-class discussions, group discussions, presentations, field research and project work prepare the students to meet the challenges of the managerial profession. Different co-curricular and extracurricular activities are frequently organized by the students to enrich their organizing abilities, nurture their leadership qualities and re-orient their skills.
The Department of Management Studies (DMS) has been organizing State Level Seminars/Management fests to help students in developing an integrated view towards Management. The students of this MBA College are evaluated continuously on various dimensions. Learning is facilitated through a mix of classroom teaching, seminars, case studies, industry internship, interaction with industry and society, simulations, games, quizzes, group discussions, etc. the department has committed, excellent faculty which is one of the core competencies of the Institution.
The Department of Management Studies includes eminent academicians and intellectuals with academic and industry experience. Many faculty members are pursuing their careers in research .
The Department has 400 Titles and around 2000 books in the Central Library for MBA courses during the short time. The Department has subscribed with 10 National and International Magazines and also 20 National and International Journals. The Department of Management Studies also maintains around 300 Books exclusively in the Departmental Library for Student’s reference.
Students hail from diverse Educational Backgrounds, to enable a smooth transition for them the Department of Management Studies offers a two week preparatory course to help them get acquainted with the new environment, community and teaching style at KGRCET. The preparatory classes are Rigorous with modules covering Introduction to Management, Quantitative Methods, Accounting, Information technology and Soft skills. The experience from the preparatory course helps the students cope up with regular course work.
Guest lectures by industry professionals are a regular feature of the program that are designed to provide good exposure and feel of the corporate environment to the students.
Industrial visits are organized by this MBA College in Hyderabad frequently that foster practical exposure of students to the industry and provide opportunity to interact with employees of different managerial levels.
Is an attempt to bridge the gap between the academic institutions and the corporate world. It provides an opportunity for the students to experience the corporate environment and practically apply classroom learning with real life situations in the organizations. This project work is keenly monitored by the Project Review Committee (PRC). The project will have to be undertaken during Semester II (Internship) and the Semester IV ( Major Project Work).
This MBA College in Hyderabad has a well Established Placement cell to cater to the needs of successful students for Projects, Internships and Placements.
The Department of Management Studies has adjunct faculty from premier institutes across the country and former employees from senior level managerial positions of reputed companies for teaching post graduate students in their respective fields of expertise. Students benefit from the expertise as they get a practical insight into industry and its related needs.
- To achieve academic excellence by grooming students as future leaders having concern for business ethics and values.
- To train the students into top class professionals and make them ready for a career in diverse fields.
- Foster a continuous learning environment both for students and faculty.
- Explore, develop and adapt new learning methodologies.
- Encourage faculty to strengthen their research base by undertaking various research and consultancy assignments.
- PO 1 : Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- PO 2 : Foster analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making.
- PO 3 : Ability to develop Value based Leadership ability.
- PO 4 : Ability to understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business.
- PO 5 : Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively to a team environment.
- PO 6 : Analyze the alternative solutions using quantitative methods and logical arguments.
- PO 7 : Identify and analyze the business opportunities in diverse business contexts.
- PO 8 : Develop a habit of knowing and understanding the latest developments taking place in the field of business management.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: After the completion of the course the students can have knowledge of different functions of business like Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Systems.
- PEO 2: Students will understand the techniques and tools useful for Financial Analysis and Control develop leadership skills, team work, social, legal and ethical aspects in business and society.
- PEO 3: Students will be ready to analyze markets and design customer driven strategies and communicate business decisions by delivering superior customer value.
- PEO 4: Students achieve better communication skills and higher levels of proficiency for successful career in various fields and will be ready for having highest regard for personal& institutional integrity, social responsibility, teamwork and continuous learning of new environments.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: The students will be ready to formulate an integrative business plan through the plan through the application of multidisciplinary knowledge comprising of marketing, finance, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship & systems.
- PSO 2: The students will be able to analyze the possible alternative solutions for a problem by applying various quantitative techniques for decision making.
Dr.Sukanya Metta has 16 years of teaching experience and has worked in various university affiliated colleges under Osmania University and JNTUH. She holds an MBA degree with specialization in Marketing and is awarded a doctoral degree in Marketing from Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. She has attended various National and International conferences and has published several research papers in various journals. She is a very good motivator and an orator. She continuously strives for the achievement of academic excellence by fostering a learning environment for students. Her areas of interest include Global Marketing, Green Marketing, Neuro Marketing and Retail Marketing. She is adaptive, assertive, amicable and a very good team player. She is very much committed to work towards the achievement of organizational goals and ready to learn from the structured framework of organization. She is also a very good organiser and has served in various capacities like treasurer and President for the Rotract club of Siddhartha Mahila Kalasala.
Dr.Sukanya Metta is associated with Sucasa Infra since its inception as a managing partner. She is responsible for the branding and advertising decisions of the company and is very much instrumental in making the key decisions for the company.
In the competitive business world change is occurring at an accelerating rate. Today is not like yesterday and tomorrow will be different from today. Liberalization, Privatisation, globalization and technological advances have given rise to endless opportunities in business. World has become a small global village with increased connectivity and ever improving communication technologies. Leaders who must plot the future of their companies are challenged to find a path that makes sense. To cope up with the dynamic, everchanging business environment a formal management degree has become a prerequisite for one who is aspiring to pursue a career in business and to be successful in it.
The MBA programme has been one of the best for the students who want to pursue their dreams in the field of business management. This MBA College in Hyderabad has well established entrepreneur development cell and also a business incubator funded by MSME.
The department has three doctorates and the remaining are registered Ph.D.
- Ms. Nidhi got first prize in a paper presentation on HR Analytics in VJIT-M fest held by VJIT, 2018.
- Mr. John Samuel has got first prize in Rural Ad-Making in VJIT-M fest held by VJIT, 2018
- Ms. Prabhandha has got first prize in Ad-Selfie in VJIT-M fest held by VJIT, 2018
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Number of Publications||Scopus/UGC|
|1||Dr. L. Srinivas Reddy||23||UGC|
|2||Dr. Sukanya Metta||5||UGC|
|3||Dr. V. Sundaresan||4||UGC|
|4||Mrs. Sameera Afroze||2||UGC|
|5||Mr. T. Venkata Ramana||3||UGC|
|6||Mr. D. Vijaybhasker Reddy||1||UGC|
|S. No.||Name of The Student||Achievement Details|
|1||Ms. K. Nidhi||Presented a paper on Customer Perception on Metro Rail Services in Hyderabad, NBA-TS National Seminar, 2019|
|2||Ms. B. Bhavana||Presented a paper on Stress Management among IT employees in hyderabad, NBA-TS National Seminar, 2019|
|3||Ms. Nidhi||First prize in HR Analytics, VJIT-Management Fest, 2018|
|4||Mr. John Samuel||First prize in Ad-Making, VJIT-Management Fest, 2018|
|5||Ms. Prabhandha||First prize in Ad-Selfie, VJIT-Management Fest, 2018|
The department constituted the various academic committees for strengthening the potentialities of the students and making them experts in their specialized areas. It is monitored by one expert faculty along with PRC members.
- Navya Instute of Computer Technologies
- Regent Corporate and Financial Services
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Computer lab with 60 systems having MS Office.
- Communication lab.
The certificate course of Master of Business Administration is designed to provide students with a range of analytic, strategic and leadership skills which will prepare them for increasingly competitive careers in business management in the corporate and public sectors. These courses offer grounding in fundamental business areas such as accounting, finance, organizational behavior, economics, marketing and management. The department to cope with rapid organizational and technological change is developed through and understanding of organizational behavior, information systems and organizational change and development. The Certificate course was conducted by our College for the Knowledge Management related advantages. The certificate course would envisage the knowledge of soft skills which is considered as prime advantage along with the personality development related activities. The certificate course would enhance the self- development and the overall skills spectrum. The students who possess the certificate from this MBA College in Hyderabad would largely identified as a successful candidate and secure a job after the completion of the MBA studies. The course is forming a part and parcel of one’s life altogether.
Objective of Certificate Course
The Certificate Course is to help the students to give them utter confidence to face any eventualities to be faced by them both in the corporate life and in their personal life. Soft-skills and Personality Development are two eyes of an Individual to secure an immediate job. Corporate prefer only soft skill savvy.
Scope of the Course
The scope is that the students get a dream organization and a job of their choice as per their domain. But the Certificate Course on Soft skills conducted by our MBA College in Hyderabad would give them the utmost opportunity to strengthen their mental ability and to know the expectations of the corporate.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||No. of Students Appeared Examination||No. of Students Passed||Academic Year|
|2||Creative advertising and designing||20-03-18 to
|3||Skill development for effective organization performance||03-10-17 to
Value Added Course
This course is a field which combines data, information technology, statistical analysis, quantitative methods and computer-based models into one. It has a wide range of application from customer relationship management, financial management, marketing, supply-chain management, human-resource management, pricing, etc. There is a huge demand in the market for project managers with big data expertise. Therefore, the department offers a value-added course on the same for the all year students to be well equipped with the skill and become employable. Department of Management offers Value Added Course in Data Analysis using Spreadsheet. The value-added course program is for duration of 30 hours. Increase the employability of the students and empower the students to take business decisions using spreadsheet. The course also aims to increase the technical and managerial skill of the students.
Objective of Value-Added Courses
It is essential for students to be not just equipped with subject knowledge but also have good aptitude skills (Numerical, Verbal and Logical reasoning ability). These skills are mandatory to clear competitive exams like IBPS, CAT, MAT, etc. Any company that approaches the college for campus recruitment first tests the aptitude level of the students and then proceeds with interview. Hence the department offers a value-added course on the same for the all year students.
Scope of Value-Added Courses
After completion of value-added course, students can able to create their bright future as following fields
- International Trade Policy Advisor: The job responsibilities of an international trade policy advisor include communicating a foreign country’s business practices, rules and regulations to clients, tailoring the information according to the services offered by the client.
- Global Management Consultant:Global management consultants work towards helping firms identify and establish successful operations in foreign markets. Their job responsibility also includes analysing the firm’s current operations status and suggesting improvements.
- International Sales Manager: The job role of a sales manager requires them to maintain coordination within the sales team, ensuring that the sales targets are met effectively and within the stipulated amount of time, as well as promote products and services offered by the organisation by implementing efficient sales techniques. Sales managers are also responsible for the training and development of the sales team.
- Business Development Manager: As a business development manager, you will be required to define the strategic goals of the organisation and negotiate business deals. You will also be expected to develop strategic goals with the organisation’s marketing and sales techniques, which will be instrumental in increasing the firm’s profits and revenues.
- Global Marketing Manager:The job responsibilities of a global marketing manager include curating promotion campaigns for the company and the products or services it offers, developing global marketing strategies and conducting market research.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||Academic Year|
|1||Self Skills and Interview Skills||15-10-19 to
|2||Research in Management Studies||01-19
|4||Personality Development||27-02-18 to
The Department of Management Studies has many practices which enhance its strength and get unique recognition. Which are:
- Adoption of Innovative Teaching Pedagogies
- Research and Developmental activities
- Extra curricular and Intra Curricular activities
- Management Fest
- Industrial Interactions
- Internships and Field Works
- Mentor-Mentee Relations
- Slow-Learners and Advanced Learners