The department of Humanities & Sciences (H&S) is being established in the year 2008 in KG Reddy College of Engineering & Technology (KGRCET), the best college for basic sciences and humanities. It inculcates the basic knowledge of English, Engineering Physics/Applied Physics, Engineering Chemistry, and Mathematics, these subjects considered as the foundation of engineering education. It has very experience and qualified faculty members, among them few are holding Doctorate Degree in their respective subjects. Our department of Science and Humanities College provides strong foundation and offer interdisciplinary approach in the first year, which allows students to shape their course of study to their needs and interests while assuring breadth in their learning.
English is global language and a key for success and a basic requirement along with academics, to face this challenge we have well equipped language laboratory and well-trained faculty members who guide the students to learn and use English language as their medium of communication.
Mathematics is the king of sciences and technology and it is a base for all branches, Mathematics itself is a language to solve the problems by using formulas and equations, department provides guidance and explains the logical idea with the help of excellent faculty members. Department has Mat-Lab to make it more interesting and easier to learn. To solve the mystery of nature Physics plays a prominent role, department well equipped.
Laboratory and expert faculty to make the subject easy and enjoyable for learning. The study of Chemistry is a crucial in all manufacturing process where the transformation of one form of material into another, equally important. Study of Environmental Chemistry gives knowledge about saving the globe from pollution. Departments has well organized laboratory. Where students will learn and do experiments under the supervision of excellent faculty members.
- To establish a strong foundation in basic sciences such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, which in turn help the students to excel in their core engineering discipline and also train them to acquire proficiency in English language communication.
- To provide academic excellence in basic sciences in the perspective of engineering.
- Students and faculties are provided learning environment where they can master in engineering discipline by applying knowledge from basic sciences.
- Inculcate research culture through project based assignments.
- PO I: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO II: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO III: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- PO IV: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO V: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO VI: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO VII: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO VIII: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO IX: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO X: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO XI: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO XII: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: To be equipped with skills for solving complex real-world problems related to VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal/Image processing, and Digital and Wireless Communication.
- PEO 2: To develop professional skills that will equip them to succeed in their careers and encourage lifelong learning in advanced areas of Electronics and communications and related fields.
- PEO 3:To communicate effectively, work collaboratively and exhibit high levels of professionalism, moral and ethical responsibility.
- PEO 4: To develop the ability to understand and analyze engineering issues in a broader perspective with ethical responsibility towards sustainable development.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Problem Solving Skills – Graduates will be able to apply their knowledge in emerging electronics and communication engineering techniques to design solutions and solve complex engineering problems.
- PSO 2: Professional Skills – Graduate will be able to think critically, communicate effectively, and collaborate in teams through participation in co and extra-curricular activities.
- PSO 3: Successful Career – Graduates will possess a solid foundation in Electronics and Communications engineering that will enable them to grow in their profession and pursue lifelong learning through post-graduation and professional development.
- PSO 4: Society Impact – Graduate will be able to work with the community and collaborate to develop technological solutions that would promote sustainable development in the society.
Welcome to K G Reddy College of Engineering &; Technology, Department of Humanities and Sciences (H&S). I am pleased to get connected to you and share my message this way.
The Department of Humanities & Science was established in the year 2008 with B.Tech of five branches an intake of 300 students and in this branch students learn the basic subjects of science and engineering for the academic year.
The Department has a rich curriculum and allied activities to provide a comprehensive education for B.Tech graduates. It prepares them to be technically well-off, to be critical thinkers, productive citizens, and leaders in a wide range of careers: government as well as an array of managerial options in the private sector. During their study, students complete rigorous programs of course work, participate in a variety of co-curricular programs.
The Department correlates with Five undergraduate programmes, namely Electronic and Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The Department has adequate academic and teaching staff. The mission of the Department is to produce the top quality education and to conduct leading-edge programmes. To this end, we, the college of basic sciences and humanities strive for excellence in teaching, training and career building.
My sincere thanks to all the faculty members and the students who contribute so much to the success of the department.
It remains a privilege to be head of the department with highly motivated and dedicated personnel, who are all prepared to go the extra mile.
Prof. K. Uma Shankar
Dr. Madhulita Sundaray
Dr. Jada Shankar
Dr. D. Gopal
Dr Madhu Soodhanan Nair
Dr. Pavan Chakravarthy
Dr. Durga Prasad Ravutla
B Siddhartha Kripal Dev
Dr. Ramesh Kumar Gajula
Dr. Shankar M
Mr. K Rajendra Parsad
Mr. Md Manjur Ahmed
|S.No||DESCRIPTION||YEAR – SEM||CONTENT|
|1||Academic Calendar||2020-21||Academic Calendar for 2020-21 (II-SEM)
Academic Calendar for 2020-21 (I-SEM)
|1||Time Tables||2020-21||II-Year Time Table 2020-21(II-SEM)
III-Year Time Table 2020-21(II-SEM)
IV-Year Time Table 2020-21(II-SEM)
II-Year Time Table 2020-21(I-SEM)
III-Year Time Table 2020-21(I-SEM)
IV-Year Time Table 2020-21(I-SEM)
|2||Handbooks||II-YEAR I-SEM||II- Handbook SEM I 2020-21|
|III-YEAR II-SEM||III- Handbook Sem I 2020-21|
|IV-YEAR II-SEM||IV- Handbook Sem I 2020-21|
|3||Course Files||II-YEAR I-SEM|
|Course Instructional Methods|
- Dr D Chenna Kesavaiah received best research paper award in ICOMACE held at KGRCET, 2018.
- Dr D Chenna Kesavaiah is editorial board member in Begell House (Scopus Free Journal).
- Dr D Chenna Kesavaiah is guiding to Ph D research scholars.
- Dr. Srinivasarao identified as Editorial Board Member of World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Dr. Srinivasarao identified as An active IJCRTRMS member of the International journal of creative research thoughts.
- Dr. Srinivasarao identified as Research supervisor at department of chemistry JJT University.
- Dr.Srinivasarao successfully published seven Research papers various international journals in the academic years 2018-19 and 2019 -20.
- Dr. Srinivasarao was Nominated Scientific Committee Member for Institute for Engineering Research and Publication (IFERP), Andhra Pradesh Chapter.
- Dr. Srinivasarao sent the project proposal to DST entitled “Formulations and Analytical Method Development for Poor Soluble Drugs-Applications of Nano chemistry to Pharmaceutical Industry”.
- Dr. Srinivasarao. sent the project proposal to SERB entitled” FORMULATIONS OF HERBAL PRODUCTS &its SIGNIFICANCE IN HEALTH CARE DELIVERY”
- International Diploma in TEFL/TESOL by London College of Teachers. LCT/TEFL/05/202100091407.
- International Research Paper: South African English -Free JournalSubjective Nature of History in Salman Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children—International Journal of Language and Culture-Volume-1, Issue-1, Peer-reviewed, free journal, ISSN:2788-404X, Svedberg Open, South African Free online Journal
- N Kumar, C Mahesh published research paper in International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, ICOMACE-2018, (UGC Approved Journal), ISSN NO:2331 – 9637
- P. Sumanth G. Hrushinath, presented a paper on Evaluation of Mobile Generation 1G- 5G, Vidh Youth 2.0, held at Sridevi Women’s Engineering College, Hyderabad, September-2019
List of Certificate Courses