Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2010. Within a short span, it has achieved the lead in many areas of Academics, Cultural, and Sports etc. The department has set up a great tradition of producing eminent engineers who are competent and committed to the high professional standards in the field of engineering and technology. Civil Engineering is the most Versatile and Core branch of Engineering comprising of structural Design & Analysis, surveying, geotechnical, irrigation, transportation etc. Increasing Competition and Complex Technological Breakthrough has widened the scope of Civil Engineering Branch. This is basic to any kind of construction as industrial, commercial, residential in general. Civil Engineering finds wide applications in all fields of technology.
Civil Engineering is the science of applying concepts for improving quality of life. It essentially deals with application of technology. Here ideas & creativity matters a lot to develop efficient engineers. At our department of the best civil engineering college, we take our students through both these realms. While on one hand, we ensure clarity of the basic concepts applied of science, on the other hand we encourage students to look at practical needs from different angles and find innovative and creative solutions. During these years this department of Civil Engineering College has produced quite a few outstanding Diploma engineers and technologists.
The department has expertise in almost the entire spectrum of civil engineering namely in Highway technology, Planning, Design, Construction and Management. The department with its multifaceted faculty continues to maintain and cultivate its strong links with infrastructural industry, academics and research. Many of our faculty members and students are involved in research activities in various areas of civil engineering. Along with the curricular the department encourages its students to take part in various cultural-sports-art festivals in and around the country.
The future civil engineers here are always taught with the practical applications by the field expertise. The department is also very active in conducting workshops, short term seminars etc. and at the threshold of planning of the technical festival. The labs here provide expertise in Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Geo technical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Hydraulics and Surveying. With these state of art infrastructure the students involves them in research with the guidance of expertise faculties.
- To give the world new age civil engineers who can transform the society with their creative vibe for the sustainable development by instilling scientific temper with ethical human outlook.
- To make the department a Centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- PO I: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO II: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO III: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- PO IV: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO V: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO VI: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO VII: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO VIII: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO IX: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO X: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO XI: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO XII: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: Graduates will utilize the foundation in Engineering and Science to improve lives and lively hoods through a successful career in Civil Engineering or other fields.
- PEO 2: Graduates will become effective collaborators and innovators, leading or participating in efforts to address Social, Technical and Business challenges.
- PEO 3: Graduates will engage in Life-Long Learning and professional development through Self-Study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies in engineering & Business.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Educating students with fundamental mathematical, scientific, and engineering knowledge to have a significant and positive long-term impact on the field of civil engineering.
- PSO 2: Emphasizing the importance of working in a team effectively and to communicate properly within the team to achieve the desired outcome.
- PSO 3: Motivatestudentsinlearningtolearnandtheabilitytokeeplearningforalifetime to increase their professionalism, update and deepen their knowledge through the development of the profession.
Dr Patil Usha is an Professor in the K G Reddy College of engineering and technology (KGRCET) and joined in the year 2020. She finished her Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from Walchand College of Engineering, Shivaji University, Maharashtra, India. Prior to joining K G Reddy college of and Technology (DYPIT), She was an Professor at D Y Institute of Engineering and Technology (DYPIT) and professor in D Y Patil Institute of Engineering and Technology (DYPIET), Pune. Dr P Usha worked as research Dean and P.G/ Ph. D. coordinator for DPU research centre. in DYPIT AND DYPIET. She also involved consultancy work for the concrete testing in different projects at Pune. She worked as String Committee member for syllabus setting for autonomy at DYPIT Pimpri a. She supervised 25 Master Thesis and 30 Undergraduate Projects. Dr P Usha also involved National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) process as department coordinator at the Pillai group of institutions (2011-2014) and D Y Patil Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pune (2014-2016). Dr P Usha was a member of various professional society, Fellow of IEI (Institution of Engineers, Kolkata) (F-117962-0), Life Member Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi. (LM – 22339), Life Member Indian Society for Earthquake Technology, IIT ROORKEE. (LM – 1190), Life Member of National Society of Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Power, INDIA (LM- 984) New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering (New Zealand), Ferrocement Society, India. (LM-160) And Selected For EERI Member (USA) Membership.
The department of civil engineering college is emerging as one of the fastest growing branches by imparting quality education to the students in all the major areas of civil engineering. The department is strengthening with 2 doctorate faculties and 3 faculties are pursuing their doctorate in various reputed universities. All faculties of this B.Tech. Civil Engineering College in Hyderabad are well qualified with experience both teaching and industry.
The department is forecasting the vision of the college and striving hard for making students technically excellent, culturally vibrant, socially responsible and globally competent. The students are exposed to practical real time studies there by training them to analyze and provide solution for the same. Along with curricular, students are trained in all dimensions by means of seminar, workshops, Hands on work, technical talks, industrial visit, internships, site visit and many more. This provides a well built platform to enhance their enthusiasm and practical knowledge, which makes them to be confident to tackle any civil engineering challenges and be advanced and innovative with the growing technology.
- Mr Thangamani K has achieved an award “Going throughout the way” in KG REDDY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Advisory Board
- Finance Committee
- Program Assessment Committee
- Department Development Committee
- Project Review Committee
- Classic Reflective Pavers
- KVR Infra Rail (P) Ltd.
- Recon Industries
A wide variety of certificates course in this B.Tech civil engineering college in Hyderabad are available. A civil engineer might work in wastewater systems or in the design and construction of buildings, for instance. Specialized certificates are designed to impart knowledge of a singular aspect of the civil engineering field.This course is a forum to bring together students to discuss innovative ideas and diverse topics of this course on next generation of civil technologies. Department has taken a new step for students to improve the quality of study through this course and become most wide scale , extensive, spectacular event in civil engineering.
Creating buildings, systems and other structures that are going to be used by large numbers of people requires the handiwork of people who have gone through the necessary training. Having a certificate course in civil engineering is the basis of what allows one to practice the craft. As is suggested in the different course name, those individuals with a certificate course in the field of civil engineering tend to work on large scale projects that affect the livelihoods of many people in their communities. The skills acquired in these programs allow one to work in a technical support capacity for assignments such as manufacturing operations, design and maintenance.
Civil engineers can be licensed as professional engineers. The certificate course of civil engineering can meet the education as well as industry requirements. In addition, this kind of certificate course at the Civil Engineering College can demonstrate a specialized level of engineering competency that can improve and an engineer’s employment prospects or help a company earn a government contract.
List of Certificate Courses
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||No. of Students Appeared Examination||No. of Students Passed||Academic Year|
|1||Analysis and Design of a Multi Storey Building by using Stadd Pro||21-10-19 to
|2||Analysis and Design of a building using STAAD PRO||23-07-18 to
|3||Applications of Total Station||05-03-18 to
|4||Application of Auto CAD||08-01-2018 to
|5||Design building using MIDAS design +||24-07-17 to
Value Added Course
This course is always encouraged to students to avoid the gap between traditional civil design to advanced design. The civil engineering college has offered to all student where the different MoU with many leading companies to organize value added courses to students, to take up specialized courses, which are currently being used in the industry. These courses are not taught under the regular curricula to the level expected by the industry. These courses are imparted at a free of cost rate and the trainers used to make use of the systems and equipment’s of the best Civil Engineering College in Hyderabad.
Objective of Value-Added Course
The objectives of this course possess excellent planning skills, choosing a career in planning or project management which is a good option. Planning engineers find huge demand in construction companies. Knowledge of software such as MS Project and Primavera can be helpful in this field.
Scope of Value-Added Course
Job as a project or construction engineer offers career opportunities in construction field, including road and industrial construction. It is considered a challenging job and includes execution of mega projects at different levels. A career after civil engineering is highly rewarding. There are jobs that involve supervision, construction, design and analyzes of private as well as public projects, such as dams, highways, canals, water sewage and bridges. The profession demands excellent skills for both administration and supervision of projects. Excellence and responsibility are important factors associated with the job. In other words, whenever you see or read about any popular landmark in the world (iconic works like Golden Gate Bridge, The Gateway of India, Burj Khalifa, etc.), there is a civil engineer involved in its construction.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||Academic Year|
|1||Road Safety Aspects||07/2019 to
|2||Pre- Stressed Concrete||07/2018 to
|3||STAAD Pro||12/2018 to
|4||Pre-stressed Concrete||07/2017 to
|5||GIS software||12-2017 to
The following initiatives/practices are being followed in Civil Engineering Department:
- Introduction of the online attendance of students for its visibility to students and their parents through cms and messaging system for parents
- Inclusion of students in their final assessment.
- Introduction of mentoring and Remedial Classes as a permanent feature in the time table.
- Use of ICT facilities in the class room and useful links available on the department website for the students in their self-learning.
- Lecture by Field Experts, Field visits and Movies on typical Civil Engineering Construction as a regular feature of the department for students.
- Celebration of important days such as Engineers Day and Teachers Day etc and Farewell to final year students of the department.
A field visit is one of the best tools that a facilitator can use to provide every student with real-world experiences. In every semester field visits to industry are organized by the civil engineering college to give a practical exposure to the students. We have conducted few field visits to project the working of various civil engineering structures, so that students will gain the following benefits:
- Students are energized by the excitement and anticipation of leaving the school/college environment.
- The transportation to and from the site is often a pleasant open-social time.
- Students have the opportunity to see new things and learn about them in a more unstructured way.
- Students have the opportunity to determine what they learn and how they learn it. Said differently, student learning can be interest-driven, not teacher and curriculum driven.
- Students will experience a more holistic, integrated picture of the information that, in the classroom, may have only been presented in a textual and abstract way.
R & D
- Augmentation of laboratory facility on need based research by faculty members.
- Yearly Technical Seminar/ Conference/ Workshop/ STTP in association with National/ International institution/Bodies.
- Regular presentation of B. Tech thesis work in the department for peer review purpose before the final submission.
- Display of faculty publications (journal) in the Departmental Library (First page).
- Knowledge sharing by faculty members on their subject domains.
- Booklets on green Concrete Practices available in the departmental library as ready reference.
- Awareness of Good Engineering Practices among the masses in association with industry and available through You-Tube and other social media and linked given to the department website.
- Interaction with professional bodies through memberships and visits in the department
- Training to field engineers for industry-institute interaction
- Member from Industry and Alumina as members in the BOS of Civil Engineering.
OUTCOME BASED EDUCATION
- Introduction of the outcome based education.
- Mapping of Feedback analysis with the Programme outcome.
- Process defined for attainment measurement of the Programme outcome using direct and indirect tools.
- Signage of Vision, Mission, POs and PEOs displayed in Laboratories/ Class rooms/ Faculty rooms.
- Booklet giving brief PEOs, POs, Programme Specific Criteria (PSC) and COs of different subject available in the department for distribution to visitors.