Computer Science and Engineering is one of the fastest-growing career fields in modern history. Dating back only a few decades, it has become the most leading industry in the world today. A career in the field of computer science and engineering has been proven to be a worth-while direction for many young enthusiasts and this trend is looking very bright in the new millennium.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2008 with an intake of 60 in B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE). Consequently, the intake is increased to 120 in the 2010.
Department is equipped with well-qualified and dedicated faculty members to train students towards their holistic development. Currently, there are 06 members of faculty with a Ph.D. qualification in the department of the best engineering college for computer science.
The department provides students with learning mechanisms to develop Computing Systems and Software. Students of this B.Tech. Computer Science College are facilitated with high-end computers, servers, libraries with the latest Titles, NPTEL Courseware, and Journals alongside High-Bandwidth internet to facilitate effective learning.
Students are imparted with training in cutting-edge technologies through Seminars, Workshops, and Guest Lectures alongside Technical Symposiums/paper contests; and co-curricular and Extra-curricular events through the technical associations of the department. Strong mentoring by the faculty members to monitor student progression and personality development.
- To be recognized as a department of excellence by stimulating a learning environment in which students and faculty will thrive and grow to achieve their professional, institutional and societal goals.
- To provide high quality technical education to students that will enable life-long learning and build expertise in advanced technologies in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To promote research and development by providing opportunities to solve complex engineering problems in collaboration with industry and government agencies.
- To encourage professional development of students that will inculcate ethical values and leadership skills through entrepreneurship while working with the community to address societal issues.
PO I: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO II: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO III: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
PO IV: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO V: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO VI: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO VII: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
PO VIII: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO IX: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO X: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO XI: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO XII: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Use and Apply mathematical methodologies, adaptive algorithms and methodologies to model real-world problems, employ modern tools and platforms for efficient design and development of computer-based intelligent systems, for solving problems from inter-disciplinary domains.
PSO2: Apply, design and deploy suitable models, tools and techniques to perform data analytics for effective decision making using standards and principles, evaluate security measures for complex networks and apply procedures and tools to solve networking issues.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO 1: Graduates will provide solutions to difficult and challenging issues in their profession by applying computer science and engineering theory and principles.
PEO 2: Graduates have successful careers in computer science and engineering fields or will be able to successfully pursue advanced degrees.
PEO 3: Graduates will communicate effectively, work collaboratively and exhibit high levels of professionalism, moral and ethical responsibility.
PEO 4: Graduates will develop the ability to understand and analyse engineering issues in a broader perspective with ethical responsibility towards sustainable development.
Associate Professor & HoD
Dr. SADDA BHARATH REDDY is Working as Associate Professor and in the department of CSE, K G Reddy College of Engineering and Technology at, Hyderabad, India. He received his PhD in Computer Science and Engineering at the SRM University in 2019. He received his Master of Technology (M-Tech) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada, India in 2012. He received his Bachelor of Technology (B-Tech) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University University, Ananthapur, India in 2010. He was an Assistant Professor at SSN Engineering College from October 2012 to July 2017. He was an Associate Professor at SSN Engineering College from July 2017to December 2021 and worked as Associate professor in the department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning(AIML) at Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad His research interests are Artificial Intelligence, Network Security, Cloud Computing, Computer Networks, Internet of Things. He has published 4 SCI journal papers and 10 Scopus journal papers.
Today in the real world, many successful applications have been developed based on artificial intelligence and Machine learning. Applications that use AI and ML in our everyday lives are like Google Maps, Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Carpooling services like Uber , Ola, Music apps like Wynk and Spotify, Smart Personal Assistants like Alexa, Social media Apps like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Movie Recommendations & Video Games.
The CSE with AI & ML specialization at the best ML and AI Engineering College covers Linear algebra, statistics, foundations of artificial intelligence, formal concepts and models, natural language processing, artificial neural networks, machine learning, soft computing tools and deep learning, Internet of things, computer vision systems, and intelligent agents.
Graduates in CSE-AI& ML find jobs as Machine Learning Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Big Data & AI Architect, Big Data Scientist, Artificial Intelligence Engineer, Research Engineer – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Architect, Research Engineer – Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineer & IoT Architect, Data and AI Consultant & Robotics Professional.
We are having Institutional Professional body membership like Computer Society of India (CSI) and IEEE Student Chapter.
Dr. S. SAI SATYANARAYANA REDDY
Principal & Professor
Dr. S Bharath Reddy
HoD & Associate Professor
Dr. B. Hari krishna
Dr. Srinivas Jhade
Dr. Raghu Kumar L
Dr. Shiva Shankar Subramanian
Mr. Y. Venkat Rao
Mr. M. Lakshmi kanth
Ms. T. Sruthi
Mr. Surendra Tripathi
Mrs. P Vaishnavi
Mr. Ahmed Mohiuddin
Mrs. K Swapna Rani
Ms. Nasra Fatima
|S.No||DESCRIPTION||YEAR – SEM||CONTENT|
|1||Academic Calendar||2023-24||Academic Calendar for 2023-24 (II-I SEM)
Academic Calendar for 2023-24 (III-I SEM)
Academic Calendar for 2023-24 (IV-I SEM)
|2||Time Tables||2023-24||II-A Year CSE Time Table 2023-24(I-SEM)
II-B Year CSE Time Table 2023-24(I-SEM)
III-A Year CSE Time Table 2023-24(I-SEM)
III-B Year CSE Time Table 2023-24(I-SEM)
IV-A Year CSE Time Table 2023-24(I-SEM)
IV-B Year CSE Time Table 2023-24(I-SEM)
- Mrs.Manchala Manasa published a paper in E3S Web of Conference ICMPC 2023.
- IoT-Based System for Automated Accident Detection and Rescue
- Automatic Number Plate Detection for Motorcyclists Riding Without Helmet
- Performance optimization for Intrusion Detection by Long Short Term Memory (LSTM)
- M.Laxmikanth published a paper in E3S Web of Conference ICMPC 2023.
- Determination of the estimated cost based on aggregated unit prices using information modeling (BIM) and text mining technologies
- Automated Cyber Bullying Activity Detection using Machine Learning Algorithm.
- Dr.L.Raghukumar got guide ship from the university of Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, GUNUPUR, (ODISHA).
- Mr.Harikrishna Bommala selected as Program Committee Member of 12th International Conference on Soft Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Application (SCAI 2023).
- Mrs.Manchala Manasa got certificate of National Institute of Technical teachers Training and Research from Chandigarh
- Dr.L. Raghu Kumar has successfully published his paper, name as “Security Enhancement in Surveillance Cloud Using Machine Learning Techniques”, in International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication.
- Mr.Y.Venkat rao has successfully published his paper in International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication.
- Mrs.Manchala Manasa has got award of KGR Change maker award from KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology, Hyd.
- One of our faculty Manasa Goparaju has achieved Digital Transformation Certificate which is conducted by University of Virginia.
- Mr.Surendra Tripathi has completed his NPTEL(Information Security-5-Security Systems Egineering) Online Certification Course successfully.
- Mr.Dr.Madhu has achieved Dr.Ambedkar’s Youth for Nation Award-2023.
- One faculty from our department Mr. Raghu Kumar has been awarded with Phd. Degree in the field of Computer science.
- One day Hackathon on Python Full Stack development has been conducted by our department in association with Brain O Vision , IIC for 2nd year students.
- Dr.jhade Srinivas has published a book entitled as Wireless communication mobile computing published by RK Publications.
- Dr Harikrishna Bommala got appointed as a subject expert for Advanced algorithms(R-18)
- Dr Harikrishna Bommala has invited as a jury member for the event of technical & culture fest in the name Techno sangram 2023,scheduled on 10th & 11th march,2023 organized by B R Engineering college,chilkoor,Hyd.
- Dr.Siva Shankar S, Associate professor, working in K G Reddy Engineering College and Technology, Chilkur, Moinabad.He has published of a book named “OBJECT ORIENTED SOFTWARE ENGINEERING” from GCS Publishers India. For the month of February 2023.
- Surendhr Soundarajan, Assistant professor of cse departmet, is got the aws training and certificate from aws, in the month of February 2nd 2023.
- Dr.Harikrishna Bommala from CSE has participated in “5 Days FDP on Innovative Teaching Learning Practices for Preparation of NEP-2020, which is organized by Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science in association with Internal Quality Assurance cell from 6th of February to 10th February, 2023.
- Dr.Siva Shankar S, department of cse, has done registration from Certificate of Registration for a UK Design grant in the month of February-2023.In respect of the SOLAR POWERED AGRICULTURED ROBOT.
- Dr.L.Raghu Kumar, assistant professor, has been collected the (student certification course) which are approx 60 from 3rd year CSE -A students.
- Dr.Siva Shankar S, Evaluate Summary of Thesis for award of Ph.D Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
- More than 80% Placement rate for students in reputed MNCs with good pay packages.
- Nearly 70% of IV Year B.Tech students pursue Internships in reputed MNC’s.
- 09MoUs’ with reputed Industries, Organizations and Institutions for Academic and Research collaborations.
- Students were published papers in reputed journals of their project works
NPTEL Course certified Faculty
|Faculty Name||Course & Certificate|
|Mr. N Srinivas||Theory of Computation|
|Mr. C Ramakrishna||Introduction to Internet of Things|
|Mrs. Ashwini Gulhane||Computer Networks|
List of Achievements of Faculty Members
|S. No||Name of The Faculty Member||Name of the Achievement||Date|
|1||Dr. Harikrishna||Chairing and coordinating the session at vasavi college||27-28 dec 2022|
|2||Dr. Harikrishna||External Examiner for conducting ML lab at MLR||14-12-2022|
|3||Dr. Uma maheshwari||Uttama Adyapika Award|
|4||Dr. Harikrishna||Thesis for evaluation at opj university(adoption of cloud computing technology in Indian government organization its impact: a critical analysis)||04-10-2022|
|5||Dr. Harikrishna||Thesis for evaluation at opj university(Qualitative Lubricate on packet size enhancement in wireless body)||08-10-2022|
|6||Dr. Harikrishna||Thesis for evaluation at opj university(A study on the implementation of computer security organization)||13-11-2022|
|7||Dr. Harikrishna||Thesis for evaluation at opj university(Implementation and use of ERP systems and its impact on sectors in india )||12-12-2022|
|8||Dr. Harikrishna||Thesis for evaluation at opj university(The design and implementation of secure identification on secure network protocol)||07-10-2022|
|9||Dr. Jhade Srinivas||Published a text book “WIRELESS COMMUNICATION MOBILE COMPUTING” in collaboration with RK publications(ISBN:978-93-95331-86-9)||Dec-2022|
|1||#OpenGovDataHack conducted in New Delhi on 01/11/2018 CSE Final Year Students Stood as Finalists|
Program Assessment Committee (PAC)
|S. No||Name of faculty||Designation||Position||Parent organization|
|1.||Dr S.Bharath Reddy||HoD, Associate Professor||Program Coordinator||KGRCET|
|2.||Mrs M.Manasa||Assistant professor||PAC Coordinator||KGRCET|
|3.||Mr K.Sai Krishna||Assistant Professor||Module Coordinator-IV Year||KGRCET|
|4.||Mr. Ahmed Mohiuddin||Assistant professor||Module Coordinator-III Year||KGRCET|
|5.||Mr. M.Laxmikanth||Assistant professor||Module Coordinator-II Year||KGRCET|
|6.||Dr. L.Raghu Kumar||Associate Professor||Member||KGRCET|
|Mr. Surendra Tripathi||Assistant professor||Member||KGRCET|
|8.||Dr. J.Srinivas||Associate Professor||Member||KGRCET|
Department Development Committee (DDC)
|S. No||Name of faculty||Designation||Position||Parent organization|
|1||Dr. S.Bharath Reddy||HoD, Associate Professor||Chairperson||KGRCET|
|2||Dr. L. Raghu kumar||Associate Professor||Coordinator,IQAC,EB||KGRCET|
|3||Mr. Surendra Tripathi||Assistant professor||Member (PRC)||KGRCET|
|4||Dr. J.Srinivas||Associate Professor||Member (DSA)||KGRCET|
|5||Ms. M. Manasa||Assistant professor||Member (PAC)||KGRCET|
|6||Mr. Y. Venkat Rao||Assistant professor||Member (FC)||KGRCET|
|7||Mr. Ahmed Mohiuddin||Assistant professor||Member (CEDD)||KGRCET|
|8||Ms. K.Swapna Rani||Assistant professor||Member (T & P)||KGRCET|
|9||Ms. Nasra Fatima||Assistant professor||Member (Mentoring)||KGRCET|
Finance Committee (FC)
|S. No||Name of faculty||Designation||Position||Parent organization|
|1.||Dr. S.Bharath Reddy||HoD, Associate Professor||Chairperson||KGRCET|
|2.||Mr.Y.Venkat Rao||Assistant professor||Coordinator||KGRCET|
|3.||Dr. L Raghu Kumar||Associate professor||Member||KGRCET|
|4.||Dr Hari Krishna Bommala||Associate Professor||Member||KGRCET|
|5.||Mrs. P.Vishnavy||Assistant professor||Member||KGRCET|
Project Review Committee (PRC)
|Sl. NO||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Position||Parent organization|
|1||Dr S.Bharath Reddy||HoD, Associate Professor||Chairperson||KGRCET|
|3||Mr. Surendra Tripathi||Assistant professor||PRC Coordinator||KGRCET|
|4||Dr.Srinivas Jhade||Associate professor||Member||KGRCET|
|5||Dr. L. Raghu kumar||Associate professor||Member||KGRCET|
|6||Dr Hari Krishna Bommala||Associate Professor||Member||KGRCET|
|7||Dr.Siva Shankar Subramanian||Assistant professor||Member||KGRCET|
|8||Ms. K.Swapna Rani||Assistant professor||Member||KGRCET|
|9||Mr. Y. Venkat Rao||Assistant professor||Member||KGRCET|
|10||Mr. M.Laxmikanth||Assistant professor||Member||KGRCET|
Syscon Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Sesillis Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
ScrapQ IT Hub Pvt. Ltd.
- OS Lab
- Computer Network and Web Technology
- Machine Learning
- Compiler Design Lab
- CNS Lab
- DBMS Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- IT Workshop
- JAVA Program Lab
- Mobile Application Development Lab
- Machine Learning Lab
- Operating System Lab
- Python Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Software Testing Methodologies Lab
- Programming for Problem Solving Lab
Artificial Neural Networks
Business Economics and Financial Analysis
Cryptography & Network Security
Data Communications & Computer Networks
Data Warehousing & Data Mining
Database Management System
Design & Analysis of Algorithms
Formal Languages and Automata Theory
Intellectual Property Rights
OOP through Java
Programming and Problem Solving
Software Project Management
Courses in Computer Science and Engineering vary greatly in nature. Some are studied online, and some are presented in a classroom. Many courses lead to a certificate at their completion, which can be helpful when looking for a job. Whether students are new to the world of information technology, or are seeking to advance in your existing career, completing a course can only enhance student’s options. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) professionals may select from a wide variety of non-degree computer science certifications to demonstrate their competence in a specialty, learn valuable skills, and advance their careers. A computer science and engineering certification validates a professional’s technical knowledge and experience with specific products, methods, or practices. Roles within the computer science industry that may require certification include systems engineer, security manager, network administrator, software developer, and project manager. Because these high-paying roles involve using technical expertise to manage and protect essential operations and sensitive data, employers value — and often require — proven credentials.
Computer science certifications ask candidates to pass one or more tests. In preparing to pass these credentialing exams, professionals gain and practice certain skills. Many professionals value the process of preparing for these tests since they gain knowledge they can apply in their jobs and use to advance their careers. This course at the Best B.Tech. CSE College is a forum to bring together students to discuss innovative ideas and diverse topics of this course on next generation of information technologies. Department has taken a new step for students to improve the quality of study through this course and become most wide scale , extensive, spectacular event in computer science engineering.
Objective of Certificate Course
In the field of Computer Science and Engineering, a student’s set of skills must constantly be updated and expanded. Programming languages fluctuate in popularity from year to year, and new advances are made in networking and security technology. The completion of a short course or certificate program demonstrates knowledge of the latest tools and concepts, and can lend a distinct advantage in a competitive job market. Computer Science and Engineering courses are offered at KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology – renowned as the Best B.Tech. Computer Science College. It is easy to find appropriate courses in area of interest. Students can choose from specialized topics including programming languages, networking, computer security, and multimedia development, Artificial Intelligent, cloud computing, Machine Learning etc. These courses of study can often be taken individually; other times, they are offered in conjunction with a degree program.
Scope of the Course
Depending upon the interest the career in IT can be chosen. Those who love programming and coding can do software engineering and those who prefer networking and system administration, can do hardware engineering. IT sector is quite broad in terms of employment and job options. Roles are varieties for Computer engineers in IT sector, but their primary role is to apply the knowledge of mathematics and science to design and develop software to be used by clients or users. There are network engineers, system management professionals besides the computer engineers. Computer software engineers have bright career prospects as the application of software and dependency on it in various walks of life are increasing. After completion of certificate course at the best computer science engineering colleges, they can gain much more knowledge based on latest technology which are available in IT sector. Thus it helps to them to make their bright carrier in different directions such as (a) an software engineer, (b) Researcher, (c) great academician, (d) make own software industry, (e) system administration etc.
|Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||No. of Students Appeared Examination||No. of Students Passed||Academic Year|
|A Four Week Foundation Course on Data Analytics||26.06.2021||20||20||20||2020-21|
|Foundational Course in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||26.02.2021 to 19.03.2021||22||22||22||2020-21|
|A Four Week Advance Course on Data Analytics||09.06.2021 to 01.07.2021||30||30||30||2020-21|
|Advanced Course in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||20-07-19 to
|OOPs Through JAVA||20-07-19 to
|Advanced C Programming||20-07-19 to
|Internet of Things (IOT)||11-02-2019 to
|4||Microsoft Technical Associate Database Fundamentals (MTA DBF)||27-08-18 to
|Web Design||15-02-18 to
|Cloud Computing & Security||08-01-18 to
|Database Programming with SQL||30-10-17 to
Value Added Course
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is organizing the value-added courses to all the students at every semester during their regular course. These courses are offered by the department to provide additional skills and to incorporate industry-oriented training for students. These courses at this B.Tech. CSE College will be delivered as hands on training and will not be conducted in regular class room mode. This would help the students to acquire practical knowledge on latest technology and tools. These courses shall be offered for minimum of 30 theories and practical hours’ duration in every semester. This course will be offered fully or partly at our computer science engineering college institution, industry and R&D labs by faculty members of KGRCET, experts from industries and R&D establishments. Every Student should opt for minimum of four ‘one credit’ courses in addition to the prescribed curriculum.
Objective of Value-Added Course
The objective of this course is to equip the students in current technologies and also to reduce the gap between academic and industry. The main objectives of the course are:
- To provide students an understanding of the expectations of industry.
- To improve employability skills of students
- To bridge the skill gaps and make students industry ready.
- To provide an opportunity to students to develop inter-disciplinary skills.
Scope of the Course
After getting this course, computer engineers can get jobs in non-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial organizations and the manufacturing sector, etc. Besides the Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as programmer, web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies, etc. can be a lucrative career option as well. Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||Academic Year|
|1||Fundamentals of Python Programming||19-08-19
|2||Deep Neural Network||11-03-19 to
|3||Machine Learning and Artificial Neural Network||22-02-19 to
|4||Web Development using Python on DJango||28-01-19 to
|5||Python on Conda Environment||12-03-18 to
|6||Big Data using Hadoop||27-02-18 to
- Creating Course Website in CANVAS
- Recorded Lecture
- Project Expos
Associate Professor & HoD