B.Tech in Data science continues to evolve as one of the most promising and in-demand career paths for skilled professionals. Today, successful data professionals understand that they must advance past the traditional skills of analyzing large amounts of data, data mining, and programming skills. In order to uncover useful intelligence for their organizations, data scientists must master the full spectrum of the data science life cycle and possess a level of flexibility and understanding to maximize returns at each phase of the process.
In the past decade, data scientists have become necessary assets and are present in almost all organizations. These professionals are well-rounded, data-driven individuals with high-level technical skills who are capable of building complex quantitative algorithms to organize and synthesize large amounts of information used to answer questions and drive strategy in their organization. This is coupled with the experience in communication and leadership needed to deliver tangible results to various stakeholders across an organization or business.
Data scientists need to be curious and result-oriented, with exceptional industry-specific knowledge and communication skills that allow them to explain highly technical results to their non-technical counterparts. They possess a strong quantitative background in statistics and linear algebra as well as programming knowledge with focuses in data warehousing, mining, and modeling to build and analyze algorithms.
They must also be able to utilize key technical tools and skills, including:
R, Python, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, Apache, Spark, NoSQL databases, Cloud computing, D3,, Apache Pig, Tableau, iPython notebooks, GitHub.
To be recognized as a department of excellence by stimulating a learning environment in which students and faculty will thrive and grow to achieve their professional, institutional and societal goals.
- To provide high quality technical education to students that will enable life-long learning and build expertise in advanced technologies in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To promote research and development by providing opportunities to solve complex engineering problems in collaboration with industry and government agencies.
- To encourage professional development of students that will inculcate ethical values and leadership skills while working with the community to address societal issues.
- PO I: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO II: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO III: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- PO IV: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO V: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO VI: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO VII: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO VIII: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO IX: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO X: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO XI: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO XII: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: Graduates will provide solutions to difficult and challenging issues in their profession by applying computer science and engineering theory and principles.
- PEO 2: Graduates have successful careers in computer science and engineering fields or will be able to successfully pursue advanced degrees.
- PEO 3: Graduates will communicate effectively, work collaboratively and exhibit high levels of professionalism, moral and ethical responsibility.
- PEO 4: Graduates will develop the ability to understand and analyse engineering issues in a broader perspective with ethical responsibility towards sustainable development.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Problem Solving Skills – Graduate will be able to apply computational techniques and software principles to solve complex engineering problems pertaining to software engineering.
- PSO 2: Professional Skills – Graduate will be able to think critically, communicate effectively, and collaborate in teams through participation in co and extra-curricular activities.
- PSO 3: Successful Career – Graduates will possess a solid foundation in computer science and engineering that will enable them to grow in their profession and pursue lifelong learning through post-graduation and professional development.
Dr. Srinivas Jhade has 18 years of teaching experience in the reputed engineering institutes and data science colleges at various levels. He obtained B. E. (Computer Science & Engineering), from C.B.I.T.(Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology),Osmania University. M. Tech (Computer Science ) from JNTUACEA(Autonomus) through GATE. He has completed Ph. D. in Computer Science Engineering from SR University. His areas of interests are Mobile Adhoc networks,Computer Networks, Data Science, etc. He has published research papers in International Journals and conferences which are of Scopus Index Publications. He promoting research activities, projects, Internship, etc. in the various areas of Computer Science & Engineering. He is having skill sets of administration, leadership roles, academic and non-academic roles and responsibilities, dynamic, dedicated and result oriented towards the achievements of the Institution.
Data Science (Computer Science & Engineering) is the field which deals with analyzing, designing the data ,hardware, software and operating systems for a computer system. Our students are going to train in Data analyses, Programming skills, software design, Integration of Hardware and Software. The Department at this B.Tech. in Data Science College has well equipped laboratories with 400+ latest Computers, Servers and latest software’s like Oracle, Rational Rose, MATLAB, .NET etc. The Central Computing facility and internet center with a speed of 60 Mbps which are managed by the Department.
- Dr. HARIKRISHNA BOMMALA serving as a reviewer member in IEMTRONICS 2021 (International IOT, Electronics and Mechatronics Conference) which will be held during 21st- 24th April, 2021 at Toronto, Canada.
- Dr. HARIKRISHNA BOMMALA, Ms. V.V SAI TEJASWI, Ms. V. PAVANI, and Y. VENKATARARAO has presented a Paper titled “AN INNOVATIVE MODEL-BASED APPROACH FOR CREDIT CARD FRAUD DETECTION USING LOGICAL REGRESSION” International E-Conference on Recent Advances In Computation, Communication, Internet Of Things and Artificial Intelligence Organized by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering during 31st March 2021 and 01st April 2021.
- Dr. HARIKRISHNA BOMMALA participating in the Faculty Development Programme on “Advancement of Intelligent System and Computation” organized by Department of CSE, JIS College of Engineering West Bengal from 20th April, 2021 to 24th April, 2021.
Courses in Computer Science and Engineering vary greatly in nature. Some are studied online, and some are presented in a classroom. Many courses lead to a certificate at their completion, which can be helpful when looking for a job. Whether students are new to the world of information technology, or are seeking to advance in your existing career, completing a course can only enhance student’s options. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) professionals may select from a wide variety of non-degree computer science certifications to demonstrate their competence in a specialty, learn valuable skills, and advance their careers. A computer science and engineering certification validates a professional’s technical knowledge and experience with specific products, methods, or practices. Roles within the computer science industry that may require certification include systems engineer, security manager, network administrator, software developer, and project manager. Because these high-paying roles involve using technical expertise to manage and protect essential operations and sensitive data, employers value — and often require — proven credentials.
Computer science certifications ask candidates to pass one or more tests. In preparing to pass these credentialing exams, professionals gain and practice certain skills. Many professionals value the process of preparing for these tests since they gain knowledge they can apply in their jobs and use to advance their careers. This course at the Best Data Science College is a forum to bring together students to discuss innovative ideas and diverse topics of this course on next generation of information technologies. Department has taken a new step for students to improve the quality of study through this course and become most wide scale , extensive, spectacular event in computer science engineering.
Objective of Certificate Course
In the field of Computer Science and Engineering, a student’s set of skills must constantly be updated and expanded. Programming languages fluctuate in popularity from year to year, and new advances are made in networking and security technology. The completion of a short course or certificate program demonstrates knowledge of the latest tools and concepts, and can lend a distinct advantage in a competitive job market. Computer Science and Engineering courses are offered at KG Reddy College of Engineering and Technology – renowned as one of the Best Colleges for Data Science. It is easy to find appropriate courses in area of interest. Students can choose from specialized topics including programming languages, networking, computer security, and multimedia development, Artificial Intelligent, cloud computing, Machine Learning etc. These courses of study can often be taken individually; other times, they are offered in conjunction with a degree program.
Scope of the Course
Depending upon the interest the career in IT can be chosen. Those who love programming and coding can do software engineering and those who prefer networking and system administration, can do hardware engineering. IT sector is quite broad in terms of employment and job options. Roles are varieties for Computer engineers in IT sector, but their primary role is to apply the knowledge of mathematics and science to design and develop software to be used by clients or users. There are network engineers, system management professionals besides the computer engineers. Computer software engineers have bright career prospects as the application of software and dependency on it in various walks of life are increasing. After completion of certificate course at B.Tech. in Data Science college, they can gain much more knowledge based on latest technology which are available in IT sector. Thus it helps to them to make their bright carrier in different directions such as (a) an software engineer, (b) Researcher, (c) great academician, (d) make own software industry, (e) system administration etc.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||No. of Students Appeared Examination||No. of Students Passed||Academic Year|
|1||Advanced C Programming||20-07-19 to
|2||Internet of Things (IOT)||11-02-2019 to
|2||Microsoft Technical Associate Database Fundamentals (MTA DBF)||27-08-18 to
|4||Web Design||15-02-18 to
|5||Cloud Computing & Security||08-01-18 to
|6||Database Programming with SQL||30-10-17 to
Value Added Course
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is organizing the value-added courses to all the students at every semester during their regular course. These courses are offered by the department to provide additional skills and to incorporate industry-oriented training for students. These courses at Data Science Engineering College will be delivered as hands on training and will not be conducted in regular class room mode. This would help the students to acquire practical knowledge on latest technology and tools. These courses shall be offered for minimum of 30 theories and practical hours’ duration in every semester. This course will be offered fully or partly at our Data Science engineering college institution, industry and R&D labs by faculty members of KGRCET, experts from industries and R&D establishments. Every Student should opt for minimum of four ‘one credit’ courses in addition to the prescribed curriculum.
Objective of Value-Added Course
The objective of this course is to equip the students in current technologies and also to reduce the gap between academic and industry. The main objectives of the course are:
- To provide students an understanding of the expectations of industry.
- To improve employability skills of students
- To bridge the skill gaps and make students industry ready.
- To provide an opportunity to students to develop inter-disciplinary skills.
Scope of the Course
After getting this course, computer engineers can get jobs in non-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial organizations and the manufacturing sector, etc. Besides the Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as programmer, web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies, etc. can be a lucrative career option as well. Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||Academic Year|
|1||Fundamentals of Python Programming||19-08-19
|2||Deep Neural Network||11-03-19 to
|3||Machine Learning and Artificial Neural Network||22-02-19 to
|4||Web Development using Python on DJango||28-01-19 to
|5||Python on Conda Environment||12-03-18 to
|6||Big Data using Hadoop||27-02-18 to