Provide advice, support, and liaison for the faculty, the individual departments, and the Librarian on matters of the role of the Library in academic learning, budgeting, collection development, bibliographic instruction and automation, circulation, and reference services. Academic departments have responsibility for the quality of their collections.
The major functions of the Library Committee:
- To propose library vision, strategy document
- To formulate various policies related to library like, purchase, space etc.
- To propose library budget for the Institutes and department
- To propose library activities, programmers and services
- To propose library and information literacy in the institute
- Online journal software awareness and for faculty publications and institutional publications.
- Implementing Library policies – Library Material Purchase Policy, Book Bank Policy, Electronic Resource Access Policy.
- To provide for proper documentation services and updating the Library collection.
- To work towards modernization and improvement of Library and documentation Services
- To formulate policies and procedures for efficient use of Library resources.
- To review Library readership dept-wise.
- To adopt measures to enhance readership
- To seek feedback on Library functions from readers.
- To submit the annual report on the functioning of the library
|Sl. No.||Name of the Member||Position||Department|
|3.||Dr. Vandana||CO- Convener||CSE|
|4.||Mr. Syed Hussain||Member||EEE|
|5||Mr. MAHESH REDDY||Member||MECH|
|6.||Mrs. ZAREENA ZAMEER||Member||H&S|
|7.||Ms. Vaishnavi||Member of Student Council||ECE|
|8.||Mr. P. Sumanth||Member of Student Council||CSE|
At a Glance
- Huge Library complex with an area of 7480.7 sft. (Ground , I floors)
- The ground floor accommodates Stack Area ,Book Circulation Section, Newspapers, Magazines and Reprography / Photocopy
- The first floor hosts Back volumes, Project reports, P.G. books, Digital Library and books for competitive examinations etc.
- Equipped with modern infrastructure, with a reading capacity for 120 users.
- Collection above 22,749 volumes.
- More than 4576+ Online E-Journals & 3500 E-books
- More than 120 + Print Journals & Magazines
- Automated Library powered by New Genlib Software.
- A Team of 03 professionally qualified and trained staff, aided by 1 support staff.
|Abstract of Library Books & Journals|
|Course||Number of titles available||Number of volumes available||Number of Journals available||E- Journals|
There is a build in digital library in the central library with state- of -the -art systems connected to high end server with 10mbps high-speed internet concavity to the 30 nodes subscribed IEEE Digital library, J GATE PLUSE for Engineering &Technology, Video Lesions Available from IITS (NPTEL), AVIEW JNTUH
- Digital Resources: ProvidesIP based access to the subscribed online e-Journal packages of various publishers.
- Note : The Following Resources can be accessed from any Computer (with INTERNET) connected to the LAN from anywhere.
- DELNET– http://www.delnet.nic.in/
- Springer – http://link.springer.com
- J-GATE – https://jgateplus.com
WEBSITES FOR ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
- http://ocw.tufts.edu -Tuft University
- http://ocw.upm.es -Univesidad Politechnica, Madrid
- http://ocw.usu.edu/ -Utah State University
- http://open.umich.edu/ -University of Michigan
- http://ocw.nd.edu/ -Nore Dame University
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
- About.com (www.about.com)
- AllTheWeb (www.alltheweb.com)
- AltaVista (www.altavista.com)
- Ask Jeeves! (www.askjeeves.com)
- Excite (www.excite.com)
- HotBot (www.hotbot.com)
- LookSmart (www.looksmart.com)
- Lycos (www.lycos.com)
- Open Directory (www.dmoz.org)
- Google (www.google.com)
- Mamma (www.mamma.com)
- Webcrawler (www.webcrawler.com)
- Aol (www.aol.com)
- Dogpile (www.dogpile.com)
- 10pht (www.10pht.com)
SEARCHING FOR PEOPLE
- AnyWho (www.anywho.com)
- InfoSpace (www.infospace.com)
- Switchboard (www.switchboard.com)
- WhitePages.com (www.whitepages.com)
- WhoWhere (www.whowhere.lycos.com)
SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST NEWS
- ABC News (www.abcnews.com)
- CBS News (www.cbsnews.com)
- CNN (www.cnn.com)
- Fox News (www.foxnews.com)
- MSNBC (www.msnbc.com)
- New York Times (www.nytimes.com)
- USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
SEARCHING FOR SPORTS HEADLINES AND SCORES
- CBS SportsLine (www.sportsline.com)
- CNN/Sports Illustrated (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- ESPN.com (espn.go.com)
- FOXSports (foxsports.lycos.com)
- NBC Sports (www.nbcsports.com)
- The Sporting News (www.sportingnews.com)
SEARCHING FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION
- healthAtoZ.com (www.healthatoz.com)
- kidsDoctor (www.kidsdoctor.com)
- MedExplorer (www.medexplorer.com)
- MedicineNet (www.medicinenet.com)
- National Library of Medicine (www.nlm.nih.gov)
- Planet Wellness (www.planetwellness.com)
- WebMD Health (my.webmd.com)
- http://www.indexcopernicus.com Multidisciplinary
- http://www.ajol.info/ – African Journal Online
- www.africanjournalseries.com –
- www.doaj.org – directory of open access journal
- www.sabinet.co.za – South African Journals.
- www.oajse.com – Open Access Journal Search Engine
- http://www.lub.lu.se/en.html – Lund University
- http://www.dovepress.com/ – Free Scientific & Medical Materials
- http://www.copernicus.org/ – Access & Publication
ACADEMIC SEARCH/WEB RESEARCH TOOLS/REFERENCE MANAGERS
- http://academic.research.microsoft.com – Multidisciplinary
- http://dbis.uni-trier.de/DBL-Browser/ – Digital Bibliography Library Browser
- http://academic.live.com – Live Search Academic
- http://www.science.gov/ – USA government for Science
- http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/index – Computing & Information Sciences
- http://www.mendeley.com/ – academic social network/collaboration
- http://www.worldcat.org/ – Multidisciplinary
- http://libserver.cedefop.europa.eu – Voc & Tech Education
- http://inspirehep.net/ – Stanford physics information retrieval system
- hsystemv www.ssrn.com/ – Social Science Research Network.
|1||Library Timings||08 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM|
|2||Circulation Section||09 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM|
|3||Book Returns||09 : 00 AM to 04 : 00 PM|
|4||Book Issues||10 : 00 AM to 05 : 00 PM|
|5||Reference Section||08 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM|
- All Bonafide Students and Staff members of KGRCET are eligible for membership to avail the services of Central Library.
- Application for membership should be made on the prescribed form which is available at the Library’s Circulation Section.
- All the registered members are called the users of Library.
- The Library is primarily for the use of Faculty, Students, and Non-Teaching employees of the Institute.
- On special request, outsiders (Students, Faculty, Research scholars of other Colleges) are also permitted for a shorter period for research with written permission from the Principal on the basis of a letter from the concerned Department / Institute.
- The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to KGRCET Staff & Students only.
- An overdue charge is payable for returning books/Materials after the due date.