Provide advice, support, and liaison for the faculty, the individual departments, and the Librarian on matters of the role of the Library in academic learning, budgeting, collection development, bibliographic instruction and automation, circulation, and reference services. Academic departments have responsibility for the quality of their collections.
The major functions of the Library Committee:
- To propose library vision, strategy document
- To formulate various policies related to library like, purchase, space etc.
- To propose library budget for the Institutes and department
- To propose library activities, programmers and services
- To propose library and information literacy in the institute
- Online journal software awareness and for faculty publications and institutional publications.
- Implementing Library policies – Library Material Purchase Policy, Book Bank Policy, Electronic Resource Access Policy.
- To provide for proper documentation services and updating the Library collection.
- To work towards modernization and improvement of Library and documentation Services
- To formulate policies and procedures for efficient use of Library resources.
- To review Library readership dept-wise.
- To adopt measures to enhance readership
- To seek feedback on Library functions from readers.
- To submit the annual report on the functioning of the library
|Sl. No.||Name of the Member||Position||Department|
|3.||Dr. Vandana||CO- Convener||CSE|
|4.||Mr. Syed Hussain||Member||EEE|
|5||Mr. MAHESH REDDY||Member||MECH|
|6.||Mrs. ZAREENA ZAMEER||Member||H&S|
|7.||Ms. Vaishnavi||Member of Student Council||ECE|
|8.||Mr. P. Sumanth||Member of Student Council||CSE|
Ms. G Romi Reddy
Designation :Asst. Librarian
Library Memberships & Guidelines
- A book will be issued to the borrower against production of library card issued by library.
- Library borrower card is not transferable
- Member should not borrow defective / damaged books. while returning such a book member will be held responsible and charged as per the rules mentioned below
- The Member (students) should produce his/her library card for borrowing books , failing which the library staff can refuse to issue books to him/her.
- The borrower card of a student will remain valid for the period mentioned on the borrower card.
- All members should obtain a ‘No Due’ certificate for issuing of original certificates for other purpose after surrendering the library borrower card also paying any dues outstanding against them, if any
- All members should return the books borrowed from the library before they proceed on a long period of leave and obtain a ‘ No Due ‘ certificate from the library.
Number of books and Loan Period
|Category||Number of Books||Loan Period||
|All regular teaching staff||4||One Semester|
|Technical and supportive staff and others||2||14 days|
|Guest faculty||2||1 week|
|B Tech. students||2||10 days|
|Book Bank scheme||
LIBRARY MATERIAL – NOT FOR CIRCULATION
Reference Books, Serial Publications, Reserve Books
Thesis & Dissertations, CDs/DVDs
Loose issues and bound volumes of periodicals.
Loss of Borrower Identity Card & Books
- The Members are responsible for Library borrower card. Loss of Library borrower card should be reported to the circulation section immediately. Duplicate Library borrower card will be issued on payment of Rs. 50/- after two weeks time from the date of application on verification
- Loss of book by the borrower should be reported to the Circulation immediately to avoid fine. Further, borrower shall either replace the book or bear its cost.
- If the replace is not done within 15 days, the defaulter will be charged 3 times the cost of the book, if the book is in print, or 4 times the cost of the book, if the book is out of print.
- If the book of a multi volume set is damaged or lost the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay 4 times the cost of the same.
- Internet facility is open for the registered users of the Library only. No outsider will be allowed to use this facility.
- Users should produce the Library Identity Card at Information Desk (circulation Counter) and collect the same after browsing.
- Users are advised to make use of this facility only to support their academic and research activities.
- Requested to make way to the others to use the facility.
- Users should enter the name and other details in the register before browsing the Internet. Maximum time for browsing is restricted to 5-10minutes only.
- It is our collective responsibility, as far as the safety of the systems is concerned. Please bring to the notice of the Librarian any misuse of the systems.
- The facility is available between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm on all working days.
- Librarian reserves the right to stop extending this facility to a person found misusing, apart from initiating action as per the rules by the college Authorities.
- Members shall observe silence in the reading halls
- Don’t use cell phone in the Library
- Members shall not engage in conversation in any part of the library so as to cause annoyance to any other reader
- Members shall not smoke, eat, or spit in any part of the library
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library
- Members shall not shelve books and periodicals as that disturb the prescribed order
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian
- The members caught tearing pages/stealing of books will be suspended forthwith from using the library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against them by the college
- Members shall not bring personal belongings (including Books and other printed material) and library books borrowed by them inside the library
- Members leaving the library should stop at the exit so that the material borrowed or taken out of the library by them may be checked
- Upon any infringement of the library rules members shall forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the library
The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner
At a Glance
- Huge Library complex with an area of 7480.7 sft. (Ground , I floors)
- The ground floor accommodates Stack Area ,Book Circulation Section, Newspapers, Magazines and Reprography / Photocopy
- The first floor hosts Back volumes, Project reports, P.G. books, Digital Library and books for competitive examinations etc.
- Equipped with modern infrastructure, with a reading capacity for 120 users.
- Collection above 22,749 volumes.
- More than 4576+ Online E-Journals & 3500 E-books
- More than 120 + Print Journals & Magazines
- Automated Library powered by New Genlib Software.
- A Team of 03 professionally qualified and trained staff, aided by 1 support staff.
|Abstract of Library Books & Journals|
|Course||Number of titles available||Number of volumes available||Number of Journals available||E- Journals|
There is a build in digital library in the central library with state- of -the -art systems connected to high end server with 10mbps high-speed internet concavity to the 30 nodes subscribed IEEE Digital library, J GATE PLUSE for Engineering &Technology, Video Lesions Available from IITS (NPTEL), AVIEW JNTUH
- Digital Resources: ProvidesIP based access to the subscribed online e-Journal packages of various publishers.
- Note : The Following Resources can be accessed from any Computer (with INTERNET) connected to the LAN from anywhere.
- DELNET– http://www.delnet.nic.in/
- Springer – http://link.springer.com
- J-GATE – https://jgateplus.com
WEBSITES FOR ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
- http://ocw.tufts.edu -Tuft University
- http://ocw.upm.es -Univesidad Politechnica, Madrid
- http://ocw.usu.edu/ -Utah State University
- http://open.umich.edu/ -University of Michigan
- http://ocw.nd.edu/ -Nore Dame University
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
- About.com (www.about.com)
- AllTheWeb (www.alltheweb.com)
- AltaVista (www.altavista.com)
- Ask Jeeves! (www.askjeeves.com)
- Excite (www.excite.com)
- HotBot (www.hotbot.com)
- LookSmart (www.looksmart.com)
- Lycos (www.lycos.com)
- Open Directory (www.dmoz.org)
- Google (www.google.com)
- Mamma (www.mamma.com)
- Webcrawler (www.webcrawler.com)
- Aol (www.aol.com)
- Dogpile (www.dogpile.com)
- 10pht (www.10pht.com)
SEARCHING FOR PEOPLE
- AnyWho (www.anywho.com)
- InfoSpace (www.infospace.com)
- Switchboard (www.switchboard.com)
- WhitePages.com (www.whitepages.com)
- WhoWhere (www.whowhere.lycos.com)
SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST NEWS
- ABC News (www.abcnews.com)
- CBS News (www.cbsnews.com)
- CNN (www.cnn.com)
- Fox News (www.foxnews.com)
- MSNBC (www.msnbc.com)
- New York Times (www.nytimes.com)
- USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
SEARCHING FOR SPORTS HEADLINES AND SCORES
- CBS SportsLine (www.sportsline.com)
- CNN/Sports Illustrated (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- ESPN.com (espn.go.com)
- FOXSports (foxsports.lycos.com)
- NBC Sports (www.nbcsports.com)
- The Sporting News (www.sportingnews.com)
SEARCHING FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION
- healthAtoZ.com (www.healthatoz.com)
- kidsDoctor (www.kidsdoctor.com)
- MedExplorer (www.medexplorer.com)
- MedicineNet (www.medicinenet.com)
- National Library of Medicine (www.nlm.nih.gov)
- Planet Wellness (www.planetwellness.com)
- WebMD Health (my.webmd.com)
- http://www.indexcopernicus.com Multidisciplinary
- http://www.ajol.info/ – African Journal Online
- www.africanjournalseries.com –
- www.doaj.org – directory of open access journal
- www.sabinet.co.za – South African Journals.
- www.oajse.com – Open Access Journal Search Engine
- http://www.lub.lu.se/en.html – Lund University
- http://www.dovepress.com/ – Free Scientific & Medical Materials
- http://www.copernicus.org/ – Access & Publication
ACADEMIC SEARCH/WEB RESEARCH TOOLS/REFERENCE MANAGERS
- http://academic.research.microsoft.com – Multidisciplinary
- http://dbis.uni-trier.de/DBL-Browser/ – Digital Bibliography Library Browser
- http://academic.live.com – Live Search Academic
- http://www.science.gov/ – USA government for Science
- http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/index – Computing & Information Sciences
- http://www.mendeley.com/ – academic social network/collaboration
- http://www.worldcat.org/ – Multidisciplinary
- http://libserver.cedefop.europa.eu – Voc & Tech Education
- http://inspirehep.net/ – Stanford physics information retrieval system
- hsystemv www.ssrn.com/ – Social Science Research Network.
|1||Library Timings||08 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM|
|2||Circulation Section||09 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM|
|3||Book Returns||09 : 00 AM to 04 : 00 PM|
|4||Book Issues||10 : 00 AM to 05 : 00 PM|
|5||Reference Section||08 : 00 AM to 06 : 00 PM|
- All Bonafide Students and Staff members of KGRCET are eligible for membership to avail the services of Central Library.
- Application for membership should be made on the prescribed form which is available at the Library’s Circulation Section.
- All the registered members are called the users of Library.
- The Library is primarily for the use of Faculty, Students, and Non-Teaching employees of the Institute.
- On special request, outsiders (Students, Faculty, Research scholars of other Colleges) are also permitted for a shorter period for research with written permission from the Principal on the basis of a letter from the concerned Department / Institute.
- The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to KGRCET Staff & Students only.
- An overdue charge is payable for returning books/Materials after the due date.