Department is established in 2009-10, the Mechanical Engineering Department is continuously striving towards excellence. With state-of-art laboratories and highly experienced faculties the department has been implementing an active blended course structure thereby preparing the students to be industry ready. Engineering masterpieces of future will require mechanical engineers to reach beyond the traditional knowledge of the field. The department of mechanical engineering college offers an undergraduate program Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) with an intake of 60 seats that will provide solid foundation for careers in industry, research and academia.
Mr. Mahesh R Reddy is an Associate Professor& Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. He has 10 years of teaching experience & five Year Industry Experience. .The Department has strength of 18 multifaceted faculties and is homogeneous blend of experienced and junior faculty members. The average experience of teaching faculty is about 08 years.
The department of B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering College is also equipped with center of excellence in “3 D Printing and Electrical Vehicle and Robotics clubs” in collaboration with Techno lexis Pvt Ltd Hyderabad. The centre has 3 D Printing Machines, PLC programming facilities, Robotic Components .The centre is known for its excellent training program for the students of Engineering, Polytechnic and ITIs. The centre has trained more than 400 students in this field since 2009, the year of its establishment. Department also houses central Workshop. The department is very well equipped with computational facilities and resources both in terms of hardware and software.
The faculty and staff of the department made remarkable strides by involving themselves in academic activities like conducting various Faculty development program, Workshops, Seminars and Industry- Institute-Interaction programs. The workshops and seminars of this top mechanical engineering college are sponsored by various MOU Companies. Some of the faculty of the department worked as resource persons for workshops and delivered their technical sessions in various Engineering & Polytechnic colleges
The department curriculum meets the industry requirements. Department holds some of the cutting edge technology labs namely Metrology & Machine Tools, CAD/CAM, Fuel and Lubricants Testing lab, Thermal Engineering . Department frequently organizes many student centric activities and certificate and value added courses like Soft Skill Development programs, Training on CADD-3D Software’s, Quizzes, Plickers, debate, sports etc. Department also organizes the Industrial visit Thermal Power Plants, Design and Manufacturing Industries for filling the gap between industry and academia. Department also encourages the students in internship like Indian Diesel locomotives, Salzgitter Lifts Pvt. Ltd and Mahindra Pvt.Ltd .
The asset of the department is its Alumni. Department Alumni contributes their ideas and suggestion in framing curriculum with respect to industry advancements.
A dedicated placement cell of the institute has been active in generating employment opportunities for the students. A large number of students are directly recruited by reputed companies Byjus, Qspiders, Edwisor, Raam Group and Surya Tech Solutions with the minimum package of 4.8 lacks through the placement cell. In addition, many students take up higher studies in prestigious Universities in India and Abroad some of them emerged as entrepreneurs
The corner stone of the Department of this mechanical engineering college is its Industry Institute Interaction Programs. Department has signed MoU with various industries and institutions like Salzgitter Lifts Pvt. Ltd. Technolexis Pvt Ltd. Automated Tooling Systems Cimtech Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Job Opportunity for Mechanical Engineers
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- CAD Technician
- Control & Instrumentation Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Petroleum Engineer
- Shipping Industry
- Steel Plants
High Salary offering fields for Mechanical Engineering
- Scientific Research and Development Services such as DRDO, HAL, ISRO & ONGC etc.
- Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing.
- Software development (MNC)
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing.
- Machinery manufacturing
Future Trends for Mechanical Engineering
- As per ASME (America Society for Mechanical Engineering) vision 2028 for Mechanical engineers highlights the role of ME for next two decades to develop technologies that foster and cleaner, healthier sustainable global environment.
- Mechanical Engineers will be at forefront of developing new technologies for Environment remedy, farming, food production housing, transportation, health care etc.
- Development of innovative in nano technology, bio technology and large scale systems.
- To strive to be recognized as a department providing quality technical education and producing new age mechanical engineers to serve the diverse needs of our changing industry and society.
- To impart quality education to the students & enhance their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- To improve quality of teaching by implementing innovative teaching and learning methodologies.
- To provide a collaborative environment that stimulates faculty and students to achieve their highest potential through lifelong learning.
|Sl. No||Research domain||Research Group|
|01||Thermal Science and Energy System||Dr. R S Jahagirdar|
|02||Sheet Metal Forming||Dr. Jayahari|
|03||Renewable Energy Sources||Mr. Mahesh R Reddy|
|04||Welding (Manufacturing)||Mr. Praveenkumar|
|05||I C Engine||Mrs. K Udaysree|
|06||Additive Manufacturing||Mr. B Naresh|
- PO I: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO II: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO III: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- PO IV: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO V: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO VI: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO VII: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO VIII: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO IX: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO X: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO XI: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO XII: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO 1: To apply deep working knowledge of technical fundamentals in areas related to thermal, production, design, materials, system engineering areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- PEO 2: To develop innovative ideas and fine solutions to various mechanical engineering problems.
- PEO 3: To communicate effectively as members of multidisciplinary teams.
- PEO 4: To be sensitive to professional and societal context and committed to ethical action.
- PEO 5: To lead in the conception, design and implementation of new products, processes, services and systems.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Apply the knowledge in the domain of engineering mechanics, thermal and fluid sciences to solve engineering problems utilizing advanced technology.
- PSO 2: Successfully evaluates the principle of design, analysis and implementation of mechanical systems / processes which have been learned as a part of the curriculum.
- PSO 3: Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern CAD / CAM tools, while ensuring best manufacturing practices.
Mr. Mahesh R Reddy is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. He has 08 years of teaching experience & five Year Industry Experience. He is now pursuing his PhD in the area of Renewable Energy Resources. He has published Research Papers in various domains including Alternate Fuels & Renewable Energy Resources in UGC approved journals.
He is also working as Admission Coordinator’ His research interests are Alternative Fuels & Energy Systems; He has also working as Observer for CBSE, NTA & JNTUH Examinations. He also worked as Design Engineer in Aircraft Domain for HAL, HCL & InfoTech Hyderabad.
He received National Award Dr.APJ ABDUL KALAM Lifetime Achievement in Teaching, Academic & Research in the year 2019 from International Society for Economical Reforms and He received Best Academician Award in the year 2016 from Institution. He has organized and acted as a Convener for Science Fair-2018.
He is Member of MISTE & SAE.
Research Projects :
Project 1: A Multi Tool Agricultural Implement
Improvising the already existing multiple agricultural tools by using the concept of modularity, so that it will do more functions through more control with less components and use them as attachments for the agricultural implement(device).
Founding Agency: This Project is carried out under National Innovation Foundation (NIF) to be funded by Indian National Academy of Engineering
Project 2: Manual Foot Lever based Tapioca Plant Uprooter
Improvising the design of already existing hand leverbased Tapioca plant uprooterby incorporating the foot lever and hydraulic gripper to increase the productivity and to decrease the health hazards
Founding Agency: This Project is carried out under National Innovation Foundation (NIF) to be funded by Indian National Academy of Engineering
Project 3: Developing Mechanical Control module for TANK-72 [consultancy]
Developing a mechanical control module which would consist of electronics as well as mechanical components which can suitably allow the tank to be controlled through Drive by Wire Technology
Client: Edge Force Solutions in association with Military college of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering
Mr. Mahesh R Reddy – Received National Award Dr. APJ ABDUL KALAM Lifetime Achievement in Teaching, Academic in the year 2019 from “International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms”
|Faculty Name||Course & Certificate|
|1. Mrs. Kalpana||Design Practice|
|2. Mrs. Sravani||Fundamentals of Manufacturing Processes|
|3. Mrs. Sravani||Principles of Casting technology|
|4. Mrs. Kalpana||Effective Engineering Teaching in Practice|
- Salzgitter Lifts Pvt.Ltd
- UBE Industries Ltd
- Hema Industries
- Automated Tooling Systems
- Uday Bharati Engineering Pvt.Ltd
- Grand Castings Pvt.Ltd
- Pragnathmika Svets Teknik Pvt.Ltd
- Godavari Polymers Pvt.Ltd
- Cimtech Systems Pvt.Ltd
The department has the following laboratories available:
- Engineering Workshop
- Production Technology Laboratory
- Material Science and Mechanics of Solids Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Machines Laboratory
- Instrumentation and Control Systems Laboratory
- Kinematics & Dynamics Laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory
- Metrology & Machine Tools Laboratory
- Heat Transfer Laboratory
- CAD/ CAM Laboratory
Enrolling in a certificate course at our mechanical engineering college can help further or begin student’s career. Taking less time than a traditional degree, a certificate course exposes students to college level coursework in a condensed amount of time. Students choose to get a certificate course as their interest in department. Mechanical engineering is the design and operation of machines. Within this type of engineering, parts are analyzed to create more efficient and safer systems for manufacturing.
Objective of Certificate Course
A certificate course can offer specialized classes in this field. Some courses that may be taken for this certificate could be computer applications, materials, modeling, production design, composites and mechanics. Sometimes there are further concentrations within a certificate course. Some possible specializations are robotics, computer-aided design, thermodynamics, and hydraulics or product design.
Scope of the Course
Once a certificate in mechanical engineering is awarded, different career options may open up. Additionally, certificate holders have a deeper understanding of the way machines and mechanical systems work. For those who have finished a certificate course in this type of engineering, job opportunities may be more abundant. One type of position that could be an option is robotics designer, which involves creating machines for automated processes. Additionally, careers in structural analysis, which has to do with analyzing systems failures, can be obtained with credentials in mechanical engineering. Other possible career paths are working in drafting, thermodynamics in energy or working in mechanics of various industries. Jobs in mechanical engineering are found primarily in the private manufacturing industry, but there are also opportunities in governmental agencies.
List of Certificate Courses
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||No. of Students Appeared Examination||No. of Students Passed||Academic Year|
|1||CNC programming||04-02-19 to
|2||Creo software||25-09-18 to
|4||Solid Works||05-03-18 to
Value Added Course
This course encompasses a whole range of subjects like Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Thermal Engineering, Designing, Power Plant Engineering, HVAC, Metrology and Quality Control, Production Engineering, Maintenance Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering. It finally opens up job prospects in design, production, manufacturing and maintenance.
Objective of Value-Added Course
The main objective of this course in Mechanical Engineering College for students can opt for higher advanced courses or may start working immediately. Though jobs are available for mechanical engineering graduates in various sectors, pursuing an advanced course opens avenues for better employment opportunities.
Scope of Value-Added Course
This course at this mechanical engineering college has several scopes for students as follows.
Pursuing Piping Engineering opens career opportunity in Chemical Industry, Merchant Navy, Petroleum Refinery sectors, Manufacturing firms, etc. All these sectors have great demand for Piping specialists.
After completing B.Tech course, job opportunities are primarily found in electronics industry, automobile, manufacturing, mining, transport, gas and oil, defense, robotics, aerospace and aviation, army, navy, air force, etc.
|S.No||Course Name||Duration of the Course||No. of Students Attended||Academic Year|
|1||Drafted methods using Autocad||19-08-19 to
|3||Auto Cad||16-07-18 to
Project Based Assignments Introduction
Humans are able to do almost everything they want. We are able to move, communicate with each other and if something seems impossible for us, we try to make it possible. For example humans don’t have wings, so we can’t flutter with our arms or legs, but birds can – It simply isn’t in our nature. However, people found many ways to fly by building machines like airplanes and helicopters. If something seems out of our reach, it doesn’t mean that there is no way to find a solution.
II year and III year students used to work on assignment based on the problem statements given by the Guides and they will develop the designs and prototypes by using our center of excellence and Interdisciplinary center and which in turn helps the students to build their confidence in enhancing their skills in Design Thinking and product development and also helps to build their own project in final year and also by using these skills they in compute in National Hackthon and other symposium and from this department can engage the students by developing their career
Concept and Design
Department also practice the concept and design implementation for research projects and students involve with guides for working on the projects but initially we thought that it might be quite difficult to find a good solution in the consultancy and faces challenges for the year. We thought about many different concepts but in the end we found really impressive and good ones.
There were two outstanding NIF concepts which were continuously rethought, developed and tested. In the following pictures we have showed in detail. We design the concept by understanding the problem statement and we had to struggle with concepts and solved them in the end.
Product Development Club-3D Printing
Department having one more best practice is product development with 3D printing Club is initiated in 2020 association with Technolexis Private Limited. and here students involves with their ideas to build concepts on product development by using 3D Printing Machine and they used work hands on projects and finally they deliver to department and also they will participate and expose their products in many symposium ,workshops. Implementing our ideas of how the products should look like in the end isn’t easy at some points. You might think of a concept, which would work in theory, but could be impossible to substantiate with the given components. In the following picture are given detail about the hoe products can be executed with Machine by resource person.